Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Long Run Challenge #1 - Week 2

Starting week 2 of our three week challenge - Even if you missed week 1, its not to late to join in!

Our original post in week 1:

To change behavior, it is said to take 21 consecutive days to make the new behavior habit or to undo bad habits. This challenge is to help us focus on behavioral changes.

Think about what you want to focus on for a three week period. Do you want to commit to journaling, drinking water, exercising, or undo any poor habits? Be realistic about what you can really commit to doing every day. Set as few or as many as you want. Start with one for the first week and build up over the next week or start with them all now. There are no rules as this challenge is to help us achieve our goals for the long run. Post your goals and periodically post how you're doing. At the end of the three weeks, post how you did overall whether its new insight, pounds lost, or improved physical condition. Have fun and feel great!!

Please join me as I start my first 21-day challenge. I will be starting a new thread each Friday because often the weekends are one of our biggest undoings. Join us whenever you want. Just don't give up if it gets tough. Rethink and revise your goals. Just keep challenged!
Old 08-16-2002, 02:25 PM   #2  

Here's my overall goals for the first challenge:

1. Focus on planning and journalling.

2. Stay within my weekly food point allotment.

3. Rebuild exercise stamina.

To achieve this, for week one, I commit to:

1. Journalling food everyday using WW Online journal. Track my points banked in my calendar.

2. Increase my strength-building exercise time to 20 minutes daily.

For week two,

I am going to add 30 minutes of cardio a night.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #3  

Was successful in Week #1 Challenge, Weight Watchers Center logged me in with a 4.4# loss today (I go on Friday's).

I will committ to just about everything Terri posted ahead of me,
Journal/preplan meals/exercise minimally 3 times a week.

Darlene
Old 08-21-2002, 09:40 AM   #4  

Calling all challengers!!!

Wherefore are thou?

We're quickly winding down week two. Don't forget your goals.

I've gotten back into journalling and staying within my point range. I'm doing my 20 minutes of strength-building exercises. I can really feel the difference in my upper body. I haven't gotten my cardio exercises going this week like I had planned. I have been doing yardwork and helping to cut down a tree. Lots of sawing and carrying of wood. Today will be the day to drag out a video and do some spinning.

Let's get fired up again! :sheep:
Old 08-22-2002, 12:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Had some BIG SLIPS yesterday. So here I am to try again to :

1. JOURNAL, journal, journal

2. STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD. At least the KFC made me sick.

3. EXERCISE MORE! I was going to get up early and WATP but kept hitting the snooze alarm.

I'll just have to try harder cause:

I WANT TO BE A LEAN MEAN (?) HEALTHY MACHINE!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:42 PM   #6  

I exercised (walked) for 140, Journaled and stayed within my point range (although I usually use all my points everyday).
Weigh-in at WW Center this morning showed a 0.6 loss. Am somewhat disappointed with less than a pound off......but my leader said I'm doing great and may show a bigger loss next week.
Darlene
320/258/1??
Old 08-25-2002, 07:56 AM   #7  

Hello challengers!

I didn't get a new thread started on Friday for week 3. I am going to repeat week 2 because it seems that we just weren't in the challenge mode. Especially me. So let's try again and get focused on our goals and make this a great OP week.

Repeating my goals for the week:

1. Journal, Journal, Journal.

2. Stay within my weekly total points.

3. Twenty minutes of strength-building exercises daily.

4. Build up to 30 minutes of cardio daily.

5. Stay focused!!

Good luck and let's get rechallengized!!

(I Love the new smilies)
Old 08-25-2002, 09:14 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

My post got eaten up. Boo-Hoo now I've got to start all over.

I'm with Terri. I don't want to repeat week 2 tho. I failed myself miserably right up to this morning and I've only been up 2.5 hrs.

I need to go back to week 1 and:

1: Work on my attitude and why I let myself, set myself up to fail. BIG TIME SELF APPRAISAL NEED TO BE DONE. Time to get out pen and paper.

2: Journal, journal, journal!

3. The Y pool is closed for the next two weeks so I HAVE to exercise at home or face the Y fitness Center. I'll prob. work out at home since I don't know the equip. and have signed up for a fitness orientation for the end of next month.

That's more than enough for me. I need to stay away from s and s and :donut:s and keep plugging away at the lbs.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:03 AM   #9  

Wow, Wednesday already.

I'm not doing so hot on the challenge front this week. I'm back to work from vacation and I've been in stratetic planning meetings all day and then have to do some work too before going home. I've had late nights leaving me no time or energy for my cardio exercises. I have been doing my morning 20 mins of strength-builders. Food has been okay except for yesterday's catered lunch - it was the most delicious mousse I've ever tasted. I have no idea what flavor it was - except for the rum!

Maybe tonight I can get home in time to get a walk in. Our weather has returned to reasonable so we've had some beautiful evenings.

Good luck ladies and dont' forget your goals!!
Closed Thread