Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 10:18 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #186

Hi Flowers,

Not much going on here...the temperatures are up...but not as hot as last week

We have been putting all the "kid boxes" that were stored along one wall of the garage up into the new attic access over the garage. We have to do it very early in the morning because it is just too hot later on.

We have been swimming everyday...not hard to do when the temperatures are already at 85 by 9:00 AM!!

I finally got on the scale...down 22 pounds from whenever I started paying attention to what I eat...I think around April...I really think the swimming is the key...and portion sizes!!!

Hubby has dropped 9 pounds! This is a first for him, but he is finally listening to what I am saying!! He only has about 10 more to lose...I have about 10 times that amount to lose!! But I'll get there...eventually!

JEAN: You must be very close to going back to school. I'd make one of those sad faces if I knew how!!

Well, Flowers...We leave one week from tomorrow (Friday)...I'm ready for the good life and the COOL weather!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Jackie
Old 08-15-2002, 10:21 PM   #2  

I brought this over from the second page of #185
J

graybubs

ip
08-15-2002 06:30 AM profile | pm | | find | buddy list edit | quote

Hi All,
Maggie,
Those recipes sound divine! I love Key Lime anything When we lived in Florida, we had a Key Lime tree in the back yard that never stopped bearing fruit........it was wonderful! Naturally, we took it for granted, but we were "young and dumb" as my friend says.

The tuna and apple salad is basically just tuna salad the way you like it, but with a grated apple and chopped lettuce added to it. It's too moist for a sandwich, but would be great to take to school. One of my friends would take those single servings of tuna and crackers, and eat it straight from the can........I tried not to look, as it gave me the willies. Another good portable lunch which I like is the Breakstones Cottage Doubles. To me, they're very satisfying.........a fruit along with it would help.

Sorry I threw youall a curve with Jimmy swimming the river. Actually, this time of year, anyone bigger than a 5 year old can walk across it's so shallow. We really need some of that rain they're getting in Texas. We have 100% humidity today and tomorrow, but not much other than hot and steamy........whoever invented AC should be nominated for sainthood

Have to get the show on the road...........Have a great day and hopefully we can touch base tomorrow. I'm with whoever thought cookies were Chocolate Chip! I'm sure it's been explained to me more than once, but my retention for that kind of stuff is nil.

Bubs
Old 08-16-2002, 02:27 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Thanks for starting a new thread COOKIE and a big CONGRATULATIONS on that weight loss. That program you are on plus your swimming is sure working for you! Keep it up. And how nice it is that your husband is also losing if he needs to. It is hot here also.

BUBBLES that is just too funny that folks thought Jimmy was a human smelling like a dog. Some do though. How nice for you to have had that key lime tree. OH those are so good.

BREANDA I can imagine those quilting sessions are a hoot. I bet yours will be neat when you finish it up. Sorry the softball torunament didn't turn out better but if they did their best no one can ask for more.

I woke up this morning at 5 am feeling totally rotten. Thought I had a huge case of the flu. But by now I have been in the bathroom so many times I feel fine. Thought at first is was a case of food poisoning but Cowboy ate what I did only more of it so I ruled that out. A touch of a bug that came with a vengence and left as quickly. For breakfast I did have a cup of chicken broth and 5 lonley little crackers.

Have a good day everyone and a safe fun filled weekend.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:44 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Weekend eve

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

We are now back from our shopping sprint. Got a new trash can for the kitchen area that is flat black in color and a much better design than I had. Also got a new set of cotton sheets for the bed which are georgeous. Just ecru on ecru.... don't show cat hairs so bad as darker ones. I am feeling back to exact now and don't even have any dregs of this morning left. Weird. I have been drinking lots of water and am going to make BBQ Baby Back Ribs for dinner. I can do these sort of high point meals on my high point day. Makes sense to me.

Have a great evening ya'll.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:02 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Here I am posting on the new site - hope ya'll can make it over here soon. Today is a nice cooler day - foggy on the coast when we were there this am. I have had such a good week - no real "hungry" days and sure do hope that the Iron Monster is kind to me at tomorrow evenings weigh in. I will take whatever he says anyway and just keep keepn' on.

See you all when you get here.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:23 AM   #6  

Hi Flowers!

Hope your weekend was great!

I spent the day getting all those little odds and ends you need when you travel...plus socks!! I might need them in Alaska!

MAGGIE: So glad you are feeling better!! Hubby and I had a touch of that "flu" a couple of weeks ago. Hubby was pretty sick for about 2 days...mine only lasted about 24 hours. I hope this makes us immune for anything this fall!

I guess I'm going to have to learn how to put in the smilies!! My posts are always so plain!! LOL

Well...Monday is almost upon us...enjoy the week!! JEAN: are you back at school yet??
J
Old 08-19-2002, 08:18 AM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I've got a few moments before Cam gets here for a few hours so I thought I would try the new site. It seems to be working fine. We are enjoying a little better air this morning but it has been a rough 7 days of 90+ and high humidity. They say it will reach 90 again today but the humidity is down. We are due for a break starting tomorrow.

Jackie, Have a great trip to Alaska! It sounds like a great vacation!

Maggie, I think you will survive the WI this week! It is the power of positive thinking!

Jean, You must be getting down to the last few days of your Summer. Enjoy them!!!!

Gloria in MA.....OOOOH! The breeze is billowing the curtains by my desk. Delightful!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:32 PM   #8  
On my way to thin!

Good Afternoon,

Well hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday! I had a good week-end and mostly OP

You all are talking about a NEW SITE..... I notice changes here but nothing dramatic, am I missing something!

Well, it's raining here today and I'm thinking it's a good night to curl up on the couch with a book, but maybe I'll try to hit the gym first. We will see!

I'm really looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow night, I haven't been this good in weeks so I'm hoping for a nice loss. Dawn (my daughter) also has been very focused this week and I know she is looking forward to the WI. Wish us luck, although I don't think we need it.

Well ladies, have a good one.
Till next time.....

Brenda
Old 08-19-2002, 06:08 PM   #9  

Talking

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
I finally made it in here by going through the back door at the 3FC site.

One more day and the troops will hit the halls at school. I never knew a computer could screw up so many schedules in such a short amount of time! The handy - dandy hand scan machine is on the blink too.

I will copy my last post -- didn't think the old posts would follow us over here. I did have some smilies but don't remember where they were and they didn't transfer.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

Jean -- from Iowa!

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's kind of a sticky cool evening here. It was a beautiful day but it did get a little warm at school this afternoon. I am really tired tonight -- I set my alarm for 5 AM, to walk, and decided I didn't have enough time to do my route, shower, and make it to the wellness breakfast by 7:15. So we walked tonight!

Maggie -- Thanks for the olive email! When I finally found
"my" desk, it wasn't mine! Last year I had trouble with a drawer and the custodian thought she would do me a big favor and exchange mine for a smaller, older desk. I liked mine because it had a big top and I could spread out on it! So I asked her to please bring my old desk back; she did, and everything that was in the drawers is piled on top! Oh well, I needed to sort through it anyway!

Brenda -- CONGRATULATIONS on losing a pound while on vacation! That is GOOD! I'm glad to see you are back with us!

Gloria -- Building projects get to be a real pain sometimes! Somewhere along the line DH thought he heard the builder say he could do it in 3 days but it ended up being closer to 2 weeks! We had to order the tile for the floor and he was starting on a duplex so didn't work on ours all day, every day. Your "nana time" sounds special!

Bubs -- I don't like the individual tuna thingys either! What are Breakstones Cottage Double? Sounds interesting, whatever it is.

I am going to head off to bed! Have a terrific TGIF day tomorrow! I won't be here until Sat., if we can get in to post. We are going on a mystery dinner train ride with another couple and won't be back home until after midnight.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:47 PM   #10  

Hi Flowers,
Well TODAY the new site let me on...but who knows what tomorrow will bring! I've been on...then couldn't get on...then back on! Sigh...

I stayed in most of today...the smoke from the Oregon fires is sweeping right into the Bay Area. Then a big 8 alarm fire started in San Jose...about 100 miles from here, but the smoke is finding it's way up here too!! I can't even see the mountains that are across town!

I hope all you "weigh ins" have good news tonight! Our dinners are getting kind of weird...trying to use up all the fresh food before we take off Friday!

I found a new recipe in my new food processor book...it is like a sherbet...made with fresh fruit that you freeze. For two servings I use 1 cup of fresh frozen fruit (berries are excellent!) 2 TBs of Splenda (sugar substitute) 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt. Delicious!! With strawberries and Dannon Light and Fit...one serving only has 45 calories for 1/2 cup serving. It is very refreshing on a hot day!

Well...we'll see if I can get back on tomorrow!
Jackie
Old 08-19-2002, 09:18 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Weigh Day Report

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I am a happy camper for sure . The Iron Monster announced that I lost 3.6 pounds this week which puts me back into virgin territory from that rocky time I was havng in July and the first part of August. Maybe this will put me on a downward trend now. I sure will work at it. The only thing I did different this week was do a lot of thinking about what exercise I will do since I am limited. Maybe all that thought burned up activity points.

COOKIE that recipe sounds yummy! I love doing different things with fruit and that is a keeper. I can imagine what it would be like to eat all that food up that would spoil while you are enjoying your cruise in Alaska. Weird combos would happen here for sure also.

GLORIA Ouch with that humidity! The weather has cooled down somewhat to bearable with just the fan going and what a releif from those triple didgets even though we have low humidity. Bet you racked up some activity points with Cam there. What fun.

BRENDA I guess the chages to the site are mostly being moved to a new server for what ever reasons the sisters deemed necessary. All those behind the scenes things we have nothing to do with. I just appreciate them so much that they do this for us. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow night and your daughter too. Let us know.

JEAN that is too funny about your desk but a good thing someone emptied it out for you because you would have found an excuse to put that job of going through everything off. What back door did you use to get here? I used Jeeves - went to him and asked where the site had moved since my provider didn't automatically switch me and he pointed me in the right direction and I got in with no trouble through his door. Where there is a will there is a way. Glad we all made it!

Everyone have a great night!

Last edited by Maggie; 08-19-2002 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:39 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Default 18 POINT day.

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day a being born here. I don't think it is going to get in the "hot" stage. It is already a tad past 11:30 and I am not even running the fan. A huge tree fell out here and Cowboy is cutting up an hauling it away. Good thing there wasn't anyone camping in that site when it decided to take a nap and come crashing down. The trunk is as big as a trash dumpster - huge old oak.

I made one of my breakfast sandwiches for breakfast today. Haven't had one of those in awhile. What it is you take one carton of Egg Beaters which is ony one point and put it in a small skillet that has been sprayed with butter flavor Pam. Sprinkle it with Molly McButter Cheese Sprinkles and any spices you like. I grab the Mexican Seasoning, Cumin, Italian Herbs, Garlic Powder and Cajun spices and give them all a shake over it before it sets. Scramble it or do it omlet style. It is great as a sandwich between slices of Light Italian Bread that has been toasted (two slices for 1 point) and you have yourself a nice big 2 POINT breakfast sandwich which is as tasty as you choose to make it. I served it sliced in two with a sliced up Roma Tomato sprinkled with Balsamic Vinegar. Along with that I sipped on a caramel flavored 1 point cappuccino. So that is how I started off this 18 point day with just spending 3 of my points.

Have a good OP day everyone out there. Isn't that what we are all about - just trying our best to lose weight. Keep your FOCUS
Old 08-20-2002, 05:27 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The temperature isn't that hot -- 82 degrees -- but the humidity has returned. My "new" room looks out on a small, overgrown with plants, weeds, etc., courtyard and we get NO, NONE, NADA breeze. This afternoon we had 4 fans going and we were still sticking to everything. I haven't seen the forecast but the salesclerk said it's supposed to be hot and humid the rest of the week. In my 12 year history, I only remember getting out early once because of the heat. At least this room should be toasty warm this winter!

Jackie -- I hope you have a wonderful trip! Wish I could go along!

Maggie -- Your breakfast sounds yummy! Here I thought you had a new man in your life when you mentioned Jeeves! Is that as in Jeeves.com or what? I just went to the 3fatchicks main page and then went to the bulletin board to get here. My bookmark from the old site sure didn't take me anywhere.

I've got to change clothes and head off to WW. I hope the iron monster is kind but I have my doubts -- I missed 2 days of walking this week.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! Think "cool" for me!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-20-2002, 05:41 PM   #14  
Thin Within

JEAN That is too funny - he is an old man in my life. I have had so much help from Jeeves during my tenure on this compiter. Yes, he lives at Jeeves.com and is always willing to answer questions. Much like the ole librarian in my small town growing up or "information" on the telephone. But he has such a wider knowledge base. I just asked him where the 3fatchicks had moved to and he gave me the address. When I went on his wire it let me right in and I didn't have to re-register or any of that. Just put me back to exact. Love that Jeeves.

You need to get the gardener out there and clean up that courtyard. Hope your room does stay warm in the winter...... at least you will have most of the year in comfort.

I wish you a good weigh in today.....
Old 08-20-2002, 06:14 PM   #15  

Hi Flowers,
I'll keep this short since I'm #14!!
MAGGIE: Congrats on the 3.6 loss!!! Way to go!!
JEAN: Your vacation is over!!! The desk story is SO typical!!
Jackie
Closed Thread