Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #1  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

Default Not at Goal yet,question for those who are

Did you have sleep apnea? Did you use a C-PAP or A-PAP? Where you able to ditch it once you lost the weight?
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never had sleep apnea but found this article about it and weight loss:
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...ps-sleep-apnea

Sept. 28, 2009 -- Losing weight may help obese people as well as their partners sleep better by easing sleep apnea symptoms.

A new study confirms that weight loss can significantly improve and potentially eliminate sleep apnea symptoms in obese people.

Researchers found that people with severe sleep apnea who lost the recommended amount of weight were three times more likely to experience a complete remission of sleep apnea symptoms compared with people who didn’t lose weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

Ohmygawsh that's wonderful news! I won't count on it happening, I know its not a guarantee but if I could ditch my machine, I would happily never drink another Coke in my life! I am thankful I have a machine and that it helps but to be in the postiton to not need it anymore would be the ultimate reward.
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote