Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #1  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

Default Am I At The Plateau Stage?

i really haven't changed anything in my diet..my exercise routine is great.the scale has been in the same 216-219 range for the past 1.5-2 weeks and its really frustrating me..i thought it was TOM weight...but it wasn't! ahh..any help as to how to get over this..i really planned on being in onederland the end of feb . i have also started school and exercise is the last thing i want to increase..any help? will this eventually go away? when will i loose more weight?!
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #2  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

I had that problem too for the last couple of weeks i seemed to stay at the same spot, 210-214 . . . so I took a couple days off from exercising, still kept eating right, but used those days to change the menu so to speak. I took some ideas from the Fat Smash diet with out actually doing the detox, but the idea behind it.
I dont know if that will work for you, but for me this week im down below 210 already and it's only been a few days after adding back my exercise (which I changed up too . . . still an hour but doing different things)
Keep going though . . . you've been doing great already!
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It could very well be a tiny plateau....sometimes, those can last for months, so 1.5 to 2 weeks isn't a big deal. If you haven't had any until now, consider yourself quite lucky. Also, have you changed your caloric intake? You have lost a lot of weight and as your weight goes down, so do the amount of calories you need. Also, you might not need to increase the amount of time you workout, but it might make sense to increase the intensity. Our bodies actually become used to workouts so they don't burn as many calories with the same workout as they used to. I really recommend Hight Intensity Interval Training. It only takes about 20 or 30 minutes, but it is a major calorie and fat scorcher. You might also try calorie cycling. The goal is to constantly keep your body guessing as much as possible. Congrats on all the weight you have lost so far! You are doing really, really great! I think a lot of people give up when they hit a plateau and I feel like this is a big reason why people get off track. Hang in there!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, I don't think you can really call it a plateau after only a couple of weeks. Basically weight loss isn't linear. You can do the same thing from week to week and have different results. This is one reason why I find it frustrating to set time-based weight goals... you can be doing great, but if the scale doesn't move as quickly as we would like, we get frustrated and are at risk of giving up. I think we give the scale too much power over us!

Keep doing what you're doing and see what happens in the next week or two. If the scale doesn't budge, then you might want to consider changes.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

I heard on a health show yesterday that people who keep a food journal lose weight more consistently and are more likely to keep it off. Maybe that would help! Also, the show talked about varying your workouts because if you do the same thing for a long time your body gets used to it. I start back at school in February and I can tell you from my experience last semester that having a high stress level makes it way more difficult to lose weight. So, what I do is manage my stress so that I can still lose weight and exercise definitely helps with that.

one carrot for each pound lost in 2010 (so far):
livingoodinthe707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #6  

ok thanks you all..its really making me unmotivated to keep working out everyday if no results are showing..maybe im buiilding muscle too? i have incorporated more strength training & running/walking into my exercise routine.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  

scale finally said 215 after 2-3 tries..so i guess im loosing..i think my caloric intake was too low..yesterday i ate every 1-2 hours of 100-200 calories things untill it added up to about 1300 cal