Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #1  

Unhappy the day that keeps on giving

So, you may or may not know that we are putting my beloved childhood dog down in a couple hours. So naturally today has already been a difficult emotional day. Now I find out my dad is being sued over a $100,000 for a car accident over a bruised knee and elbow. That's it. Nothing broken or sprained or torn, just BRUISED. This jerk wants that much for emotional distress and medical bills. Like, seriously? It makes me sick that people can sue for anything when they want money and throw it under the guise of emotional distress. I mean seriously, I could sue half of my middle school class for emotional distress and triggering of depression/eating disorders, but I don't because it's a low blow. I also take responsibility for my actions and emotional problems; it isn't fair but that's how life goes. Even if this guys RIDICULOUS claim gets dismissed, we still have to pay for an attorney and money is tight as is. I am terrified that I won't be able to afford college or be able to finish(irrational fear I know). This accident happened over 2 years ago, it seems to me that the bad economy spurred him to do milk the situation for all it's worth, but I obviously have a very biased viewpoint.

So anyways today has been pretty awful and doesn't seem to be getting better. I have been wavering between no appetite and wanting to devour everything I can get my hands on. I know that my posts recently have been needy and depressing, but any support I could get so I don't binge would be greatly appreciated.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #2  
No description available.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. Better days are right around the corner.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

So sorry about your dog, I have a dog, too and it makes me feel bad just thinking that someday I will have to face what you are facing. Think of it this way, your dog has had a loving home all these years. Know in your heart that you have done the best you could do for your dog.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am sorry you are dealing with this! I know how hard it is to put down your dog because they are more like family than anything else.

I'm sorry about the lawsuit but if your dad's insurance paid for the medical bills and everything he can't sue for them again- that's double dipping. I assume your dad had full coverage though. And he won't get anything else- if it's thrown out as frivilous maybe your dad can recover his lawyer fees from the person suing.

Good luck. Don't worry- one day you'll see you dog again

Rainbow Bridge
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #5  

So sorry about your dog, my 19 year old cat recently passed and it is so hard to lose a beloved fur baby... I like to believe they are waiting for us somewhere.

I hope everything works in your fathers favor and the suit is dismissed quickly.
lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Good luck, honey! I hope everything works itself out. Try not to stress about it too much. I know it's easier said than done but just TRY to not think about it since you will not be able to fix the situation anyway. If you can, do something that requires minimal thought; watch a movie, read a book. It will be ok.
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

You'll get through it. I'm a firm believer that we're never given anything that we can't handle--it will pass, and you'll be stronger because of it. It just stinks now! Maybe go to the gym and punch one of those boxing bag thingys? That sounds cathartic.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote