Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/130

Height: 5'2

Default bad day:(

hey guys
This has been a tough day for me. I broke over and ate some pizza and its just day 1! I looked at some pics from Christmas and I was HORRIFIED. I hate the way I look and I am scared to death I won't be able to stick to a diet and lose the weight
ukfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

OK, well, you had some pizza. Is it the end of the world? No. Can you un-eat the pizza now? Also no.

What you CAN do is recommit to healthy choices right this second. Plan what you're eating the rest of the day. Take a brisk walk or do some other activity. Think about why you ate the pizza...were you overhungry and didn't have other choices available? Were you tired or bored? Then solve the problem that contributed to eating the pizza...plan your meals ahead, try a new healthy recipe, start a new hobby.

You can't un-eat the pizza, but you can start over right this minute.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's okay- get the rest of that pizza away and shrug it off and move forward! Maybe figure out WHY you decided to eat the pizza so it won't happen again (poor planning, stress?).

You can be on plan the rest of the day AND then keep going tomorrow as well.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Yep! Take this opportunity to take a deep breath and start over! It's not big deal - the fact that you care and want to make changes is an achievement in itself.

Don't beat yourself up. Just try to remember this feeling so that next time you choose something a little more sensible. Good luck!
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM   #5  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Just like everyone said, you can just move on and start over. Always remember that! Thats how I always lost track, I figured I had blown it so I might as well just eat whatever. No! you can do this!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!!

The first day is usually the hardest for me. I agree with everyone, start over. You havent failed. Eat healthily for the rest of the day and it will not be as detrimental to your calorie deficit. Take a walk, go to the gym. Do something to keep you moving and the pizza calories will soon go bye-bye.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I'm working on a fresh start after 3 full days of over eating, so I KNOW you can make a fresh start after pizza. I know it's hard, and believe me, I KNOWWWWW, but we've gotta pick ourselves up and start from SOMEWHERE. Mine as well be here & now, right?
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #8  

Thanks guys...the pizza was a result of poor planning (just got back from vacation and had nothing in the house but take out) and the fact I waited too long to eat and I just grabbed the first thing I could.
I did walk briskly/jog for 30 minutes so that made me feel better. I am also trying to drink more water from now on and do taebo at least 4 nights a week for 45 min like I used to do. I don't know why I am doubting myself so much! Theres a part of me that thinks, even if I do change my lifestyle, what if the weight doesn't come off? and that scares me.....
Thanks again
Old 01-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #9  

Thanks guys...the pizza was a result of poor planning (just got back from vacation and had nothing in the house but take out) and the fact I waited too long to eat and I just grabbed the first thing I could.
I did walk briskly/jog for 30 minutes so that made me feel better. I am also trying to drink more water from now on and do taebo at least 4 nights a week for 45 min like I used to do. I don't know why I am doubting myself so much! Theres a part of me that thinks, even if I do change my lifestyle, what if the weight doesn't come off? and that scares me.....
Thanks again