Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi, I would like to introduce myself!

Hello! I am so happy I found this forum, I am starting a huge weight loss endeavor ( to me ) and I need support. I am have tried losing weight numerous times before but I always give up and this time I am going to follow through!!

I am graduating college this spring and after a series of unfortunate events I had to change my major to general studies... So I have decided that I want to go into the military (navy or air force) in order to build a career that way.

The problem is I am no where near the 160 lb weight max for joining and I would like to get a little under that so I don't die at boot camp. I currently weigh 230 (as of this morning) and so I have quite a few pounds to shed. I want to join by september of next year but I think that might be pushing things. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #2  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Hi kabaker!

You have come to the right place! You sure can do it this time, don't give up! I am also a recent college grad. I gained a lot of weight in college, and I always thought i was too busy to exercise or put effort into healthy eating. But now I've realized that my health and wellness needs to be my number one priority. I've been working hard since november, and so far I've lost 11 pounds. I still have a long way to go before I reach my goal weight!! This board is very active with support and adivce. Go explore!!

Good luck!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome! I am glad that you found us; this forum is a special place where you will find plenty of support. I know you can do this! Good luck
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

hey & welcome!

we have pretty simliar starting/goal weights (mine are a little higher!). so i KNOW that you can do it! I think that wanting to join the military is an awesome goal.. good luck & hope to see you 'around'!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Welcome!!!

Your starting weight/height is close to what mine was. If I could do it than so can you!!!!!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

There is so much support here! I have never had so many wonderful people cheering for me! I know I can do it and I am going to do it this time!
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Welcome!! You've come to a great place! I too tried numerous times to lose weight, but the one thing I always lacked was the support. Since I've found this forum, I have been way more successful than any of my other attempts...and I'm still going!! Good luck to you!!!
Amba Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote