General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Exemplary Service

In the hubbub of Christmas shopping, I'm very happy to be the recipient of outstanding customer service!

In the summer, I bought a scrub set in the States. The third time I washed it, it started to fray ... badly. I kept my top pulled down over the damage but by the fifth wearing ... I couldn't use it any more.

Since I can't imagine when I will be shopping in Tennessee again, and I didn't keep the receipt, because of that. I emailed the Dickies company and asked them what I should do.

They could have said "too bad, so sad" or "no receipt, no return". Instead they asked for all the particulars ... size, colour ... And UPS called this morning, it'll be delivered today.

I don't even care if they ask me to mail back the frayed pants ... THAT is exemplary service.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

That's great, Susan!! Maybe more companies should follow in Dickies' footsteps!!

I had the same sort of situation with my practice boxing gloves from Everlast. I bought a pair at a store 3 hours away and knew I wouldn't get there any time soon to exchange them. I emailed Everlast and a new pair was at my door a few days later. They didn't even ask for the damaged pair (a seam on the padding came loose after a few hits), so I have them for back-up now!!

Wouldn't it be great to have a list of GREAT customer service companies so that we could buy with confidence?!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #3  

It would indeed Kim!

Anyone else have a great story?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/143/120

Height: 5'0"

This isn't a "product" to buy, but if anyone is ever in need of auto service, I'm a huge fan of Goodyear/Gemini car care. I've been to 3 different ones in 2 states and never had a bad experience. Two particularly good ones were:

1) One time I couldn't afford to pay my bill following service...it was completely my fault, I underestimated my credit card balance and came up short. They took $50 off just so I could afford to pay it.

2) The glass from one of the car windows fell down into the door of the car, and I took it there to be fixed. Instead, they checked for me and found out it was a common problem, and covered under warranty, and looked up where a couple local dealerships were for me. They easily could've just charged me the $500 they said it would've been for them to do the work. Instead, they didn't even charge for their time in inspecting the car and figuring all this out - over an hour.

I just love the fact that they've always been honest and not treated me like an idiot cause I'm a girl too...I've had bad experieces with that at other auto places.
untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #5  

I got those pants this morning ... no strings attached! I don't have to return the old ones nor do I have to pay for anything.

This kind of stuff restores my faith in good will
Old 12-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I would say my best customer service is from L.L. Bean and Harry & David's. Of course, they have prices to match but they stand by their products--without question the service and products are usually exceptional.

Oh, and to the sales lady at Nordstrom that brought me over 100 pairs of jeans to try on. THANK YOU! I'm sorry I am so darned picky but I just couldn't find a pair I liked and for those prices I had to be 100% certain!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #7  

BTW--you have made me think about Dickies in a new light so thank you for the post. I wonder if they are still made in the U.S.A.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Oh, and to the sales lady at Nordstrom that brought me over 100 pairs of jeans to try on. THANK YOU! I'm sorry I am so darned picky but I just couldn't find a pair I liked and for those prices I had to be 100% certain!
Nordstrom is well-known for their excellent customer service, but even this seems to go above and beyond. I would be tempted to write a note to her store manager, letting him know what an outstanding service she performed.

I don't have any recent shining examples to share, but I did get brave and go into Target this morning. It was a madhouse and the store was packed, but every checkstand was open and my salesclerk was friendly, relaxed, and very pleasant. It would have been easy for her to be short-tempered and cranky, but she wasn't.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #9  

You know--that is a great idea. I think I am going to do that.

Now what about the guy at Starbucks that gives me free coffee! I think I will keep my mouth shut on that one!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Now what about the guy at Starbucks that gives me free coffee! I think I will keep my mouth shut on that one!
Not along the lines of the original post, but this was a recent NSV for me. That new body confidence I've acquired after passing the 50 lbs lost mark must have projected. I'm still over 200 lbs, 50 years old and the guy at the coffee shop flirted with me and wouldn't let me pay for my tea. I had totally forgotten about "pretty girl power" and certainly did not expect to experience it again after gaining 100 lbs 20 years ago!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #11  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I have a good one. My husbands uncle was very ill in the hospital and we had to get his apartment ready for him to come home. We did not expect what was there- the place was completely trashed, unlivable, we all took some days off and worked hard and cleaned it up. But he needed some new things, including a new bed. He was 50 years old and still sleeping on the bed he had when he was a kid at home!!
Exhausted, filthy, and emotionally drained, my brother in law, mother in law, and i went to find him a bed. We got to The Mattress Company and their service was amazing. Not only did they help us find a bed, the things we needed to go along with it, they helped us look up his address, let us use their phone, and most surprising of all- they were able to stop their delivery truck and get our order on it that day! No delivery fees & they actually arrived at his apartment BEFORE we did!!!
This could have been a really hard shopping experience for us. The other stores we went to were going to take a week to get us anything, we needed a bed like tomorrow and they were able to get us one today.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote