Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone noticing restless legs?

I don't have this all the time but have noted more discomfort behind my knees--when I was younger used to call it "growing pains" and some restlessness in my legs. Anybody else and could it be related to some supplement?
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

They did mention restless legs at my food intro class - I think they said taking MSM would help.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh34 View Post
They did mention restless legs at my food intro class - I think they said taking MSM would help.
Thanks. I'm going blank on the lingo....MSM is?
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

MSM is an additional supplement - you can pick it up just about anywhere in the nutrition section - I really don't know much about it, my husband has taken it for years for joint pain (I just tell him he's getting old LOL) so we had some in the house. I had horrible restless leg when I was pregnant so I thought I really needed to take it.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

I've had restless legs for 30 years. It is caused by a misfire in the brain that sends signals into, usually, your legs; but I have had it in other parts of my body on rare occasions. I've taken Permax to control it when it had to be controlled, like when I had surgery and had to be in bed for days without being able to move my legs. One non-drug thing that did work was to sleep on a vibrating pad and to set it just on my lower body on high; after a couple of months every night it went away for a year. I don't know if this was because of the pad or not, but at least I could sleep; it stops for no reason at times. When I swim it seems to aggravate it that night. If you google it there is a website just for this horrible malady.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote