Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/159/130

Height: 5'2''

Default Hit A Wall...Advice??

Hi, I am a type two diabetic and have hit a wall. I need to lose weight to not only hopefully get off diabetes medication, but to also prevent being put on cholesterol lowering medication and to stop the increase in high blood pressure medications. I live with two other diabetics who are in denial and do not help support my health. In fact, they hinder it. So I not only have to try to stop myself from their tempting bad foods they buy, but also ignore the lack of support they give and keep myself motivated. I want to start exercising more and eat better. I was wondering if anyone had any advice of how to continue on the right path of improvement when I live with those that seem to just bring me down with them? Any diabetic recipes or exercise advice or other support group ideas are welcomed!!
Thanks, Anna
AMR925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Who's making the meals in your house? Who buys the groceries? I don't know your situation, but if you are the mother and spouse in the home, it is to your family's benefit that you get and stay healthy.

Do what you can do: take charge of your own health; and that means make yourself healthy meals and buy healthy snacks. If you are in charge of the meals and food; then use that to your advantage -- just start buying healthy stuff and stop buying the junk.

I don't bake anymore; I only make healthy things and those that I know I won't be tempted to eat. It was a process, but one day, I just decided that my health needed to come first; and stopped sacrificing myself for everyone else. I had a talk with my DH and he came on side with me; if he buys junkies, he puts them away in his hideaway cubby near where he watches tv.

Don't let what others do deter you from doing what you need to do to get healthy again; just make a committment to do what's best for your health.

You can do this: take charge of your life starting today!

You can google for lots of healthy diabetic recipes from the diabetic association online. I make all our meals healthy now, even when guests come and I have never had any complaints yet becuz they don't even notice it!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-29-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote