Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Default First WI and NO lose...

Well today was my first WI and I stay at the same Weight.So sad I was hopping at leas 1 pound.

What do you do for keep your self motivited after be 100% on plan and no see a lose?
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Generally when that happens to me, I come to this forum and read people's success stories. EVERYONE has weeks like that occasionally, some people will even go months at a time without losing...and knowing that other people have gone through it, and that they managed to get past it has always been helpful to me.

Weight loss can't be held to time constraints....

example: you may lose 3 lbs in one week and gain 2 lbs the next week and lose 4 lbs the week after that...and yeah maybe you gained the 2nd week, but you can't let it get you down, because you still have a net loss of 5 lbs...and that's great.

Just think of it this way. You stayed the same, which means you didn't gain, and not gaining is a good thing =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I was in the same boat. I did everything right, and no loss. I worked my rear off at the gym, ate 1,400 calories a day and...3 1/2 pounds in three weeks. It gets discouraging.

However, my jeans are looser today than they have been and I just got off my TOM. So, I weigh in again on Saturday and am hopeful that I lost at least a couple of more pounds.

That said, here is the way that I stay motivated - I figure that, if I am doing everything right and not losing, I can imagine what would happen if I gave up. I would surely gain. I imagine myself, how I would look in a few months if I gave up, then imagine myself in a few months if I stick to the program. The first vision is so horrifying to me that it keeps me on the straight and narrow. In my second vision, I am slim and feeling good about myself, and that is the vision that I see whenever I want to get a quarter pounder with cheese, french fries and cinnamon roll from McDonald's.

Because no matter what, your weight loss will kick in. Barring some medical problem, like hypothyroidism or a hormonal problem, any program that you choose that puts you into a calorie deficit will eventually work. You have to be patient and know that you are not going to wake up tomorrow morning with your dream body. But you just might wake up some morning next summer and realize that you have your dream body. Or, you could wake up some morning next summer, 30 lbs heavier, and dreaming about how you would look if you would have stuck to your diet when nothing seemed to be happening.

That is what keeps me going - in June next year, I could be 120 lbs. Or, I could be 200 lbs. It is really my choice.
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #4  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

Don't worry mama, and stay motivated! Besides weighing yourself, have you taken your measurements as well? If you haven't, you should. I've noticed when I've lost less than a pound in a week, I've got some inches missing too! I've also noticed when I have a 3-4 pound loss, there is no difference in inches. Everybody's different, but taking note of your measurements will help you "see" progress even if the scale isn't budging.
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #5  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianfan View Post
I was in the same boat. I did everything right, and no loss. I worked my rear off at the gym, ate 1,400 calories a day and...3 1/2 pounds in three weeks. It gets discouraging.

However, my jeans are looser today than they have been and I just got off my TOM. So, I weigh in again on Saturday and am hopeful that I lost at least a couple of more pounds.

That said, here is the way that I stay motivated - I figure that, if I am doing everything right and not losing, I can imagine what would happen if I gave up. I would surely gain. I imagine myself, how I would look in a few months if I gave up, then imagine myself in a few months if I stick to the program. The first vision is so horrifying to me that it keeps me on the straight and narrow. In my second vision, I am slim and feeling good about myself, and that is the vision that I see whenever I want to get a quarter pounder with cheese, french fries and cinnamon roll from McDonald's.

Because no matter what, your weight loss will kick in. Barring some medical problem, like hypothyroidism or a hormonal problem, any program that you choose that puts you into a calorie deficit will eventually work. You have to be patient and know that you are not going to wake up tomorrow morning with your dream body. But you just might wake up some morning next summer and realize that you have your dream body. Or, you could wake up some morning next summer, 30 lbs heavier, and dreaming about how you would look if you would have stuck to your diet when nothing seemed to be happening.

That is what keeps me going - in June next year, I could be 120 lbs. Or, I could be 200 lbs. It is really my choice.
Well put.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote