Old 11-11-2009, 02:21 AM   #1  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Default Don't forget to eat! (overly long story)

Oh man, it's been a crazy night. Nothing too horrible, but I couldn't seem to keep anything on track.

I'm a huge Disney fan, and I got all excited about a couple of blu-ray released today. As I was reading about some discounts, I got all distracted when I found out I could print out an $8 coupon in addition to the two other $10 coupons I found online. If I went to the right store, I could pick up both Monsters Inc. and Up blu-rays for about $13 or less. Super cheap! I needed to sign up for the DMR club for one of the coupons though, and as I did that I realized I could enter the codes of DVD's I've already bought. And as I'm plugging away with that, I glance at the clock and realize I'm running late for my aqua fitness class. Yikes!

I thought about grabbing something to eat (it's after 6pm by now) but you know what they say about food and swimming.

So I hurry up and get ready for the pool, even put my suit on under my clothes so I can take less time in the locker room. And once I arrive? I realize I'm not just a few minutes late, but over an hour late. Arrrgh! Oh well, so I took the last half hour of the class at least. And since it had ended earlier than I had planned on (I've only been to the class once and remembered the time wrong because of the clock change), I decided to stop back at home to spend a little time with my boyfriend before he had to leave for work. Twenty minutes later, we go our separate ways.

I drove to the closest Target with coupons in hand, only to discover I couldn't find Monsters Inc. anywhere on the shelves. A couple of very nice employees helped me look while another looked it up. Apparently they were only shipped two copies today and they were both gone! So one of them offered to call around to the other local Targets to see if they had any, and the people on the other end apparently didn't know what was going on. I ended up standing there for probably a half hour or so before they found a Target that actually had one left that could be held for me.

So I started on my drive to the other Target. I don't know the area very well though, and even with my GPS I made a few wrong turns. By the time I finally made it there, they had just closed!

By now it's just after 10 and I realize that I forgot to have dinner! I'm still a ways off from home and it's as if my stomach suddenly woke up. McDonald's was calling me . . .

I ended up hitting the drive thru and ordering a plain cheeseburger and a large iced tea (which I recalled would be somewhere between 300-400 calories) Could have been a lot worse; luckily I knew it would be in my calorie range, but it was really poor planning on my part.

More than anything, I can't believe I got so distracted that I forgot to eat! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

It's good because you actually forgot about eating for a few hours; it's bad because it's the perfect excuse to eat too many calories. So, overall, it was GOOD. I think cheeseburgers are 330 calories. The real danger is later when you start thinking, well....I didn't eat dinner tonight, really.....The fat mind is very clever in getting you to eat.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

You did well You didn't binge or eat something with loads of calories which would of been so easy to do. Yes you ended yup at Mcdonalds but you were still in full control of the situation. Of course you should avoid it happening but from time to time you may end up not having eaten, out and at Mcdonalds - and you need to be in control when that happens just like you were so well done. Try and be more organised next time though
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote