Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10"

Default Do you ever feel like one big stretch mark?

People with stretch marks, that is. lol. I have gone through so many weight fluctuations throughout the years and gotten them, and I know I will get more as I lose weight. I'm not going to stop losing weight not to get any more or anything. It's just discouraging sometimes. I mean, I have them everywhere possible you can get them almost. Forget bikinis or swimsuits. I don't feel comfortable in even shorts or sleeveless shirts. It's crazy that a real cure hasn't come out. Not a cream that will lighten them or lessen them, but a laser or something that will completely take them away.

Last edited by fitwayoflife; 11-10-2009 at 06:00 PM.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #2  

Hahaha that title cracked me up! And yes. I am so so so depressed that once I finish losing this weight I will still never be able to show my stomach. UGH
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #3  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Oh yeah, I feel your pain. Since puberty, I've had stretch marks across my chest that disallows me to wear a lot of tops (though I've finally made peace with my stretch marks on my chest and just wear the tops anyway, especially if they compliment me in other aspects) - not to mention all over my stomach and a few on my shoulders from when I used to play tennis.

My roommate was telling me about this cream that she said literally faded all of her old stretch marks, but it didn't work for her mom. And her mom used Stivectin that worked for her, but not for my roommate.. ugh!

So I know how frustrating it is.. I can't imagine wearing a bikini even if I was thin enough simply because of that..
But honestly, so many people have stretch marks and I see plenty of girls that look confident and happy wearing bikini's out to the beach, stretch marks and all - so I guess it's all in a state of mind.
I too, hope they come out with a "cure" very soon though!
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Here here! Also loved the title When I first gained and lost weight, I went from 150 to 135 (which I know should not seem like such a drastic thing worth stretch-mark-bragging rights) and I kid you not, as I lost the weight I got dark, dark red fat, thick stretch marks on the tops of my thighs from my waist down all the way down to a little past my knees. People (and myself!) were completely shocked, some were so red and stretched they began to tear and bleed. Plus they were on my arms, hips, breasts - whole nine yards. I wore 3/4 sleeves and jeans all summer (even short sleeve shirts show my marks). They're getting a lot better and are definitely more pink than red - but as I get closer to getting back down to my ideal weight, I'm getting so nervous that they'll find me again and come back for an attack.

ETA: That's also my argument for all of the people who say Depo doesn't make you gain weight!! I gained it so fast after starting depo, my body couldn't even keep up. It was awful.

Last edited by GradPhase; 11-10-2009 at 05:54 PM.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I've used bio-oil and that has seemed to help but they do fade over time naturally.

I've heard about surgery but don't know if that's even effective.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Not long ago, I saw a comedian talk about his girlfriends stretch marks - and how sexy he found them (thinking of them as silvery tiger stripes).

It's silly, but I never thought of them as being pretty before - and you know - they kind of are. Too bad everyone doesn't think so - then we could be showing them off instead of hiding them.

Grrr, baby!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #7  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

lol, I have stretch marks everywhere. All over my thighs, my stomach, my arms and on my breasts.

I used to feel so self conscious about them. But... do you know what changed it for me? Going to a strip club, lol.

Odd answer, I know... but obviously those girls aren't wearing anything, so it was a chance to really study other girls bodies... and almost half of them had (faded) stretch marks. Do you think any of the guys there CARED?? Nope.

So, I am not going to care about them either, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/242/149

I have them on my stomach. I hate looking at them, they make me feel so self conscious.
lostnfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoonRabbit View Post
but obviously those girls aren't wearing anything, so it was a chance to really study other girls bodies... and almost half of them had (faded) stretch marks. Do you think any of the guys there CARED?? Nope.

So, I am not going to care about them either, lol.

I have a sister who is just stunning...Barbie-beautiful. I saw her in a bikini and she had stretch marks. Not as many, but they were there!

So I know what you're saying.

Honestly, I'm pretty beat up skin-wise so I doubt I'll change my wardrobe once I lose the weight. Smaller, sure...but no bikinis for me!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #10  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Kaplods - LOL that's funny! My boyfriend calls me his sexy kitten sooo that kind of works for us.

I... was first disappointed that they'd never really go away, however mine have started to fade after a 30lb loss so that comforts me. I plan to be in a bikini next summer when I reach goal, stretch marks or not. Besides - don't most women have them?
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I don’t have much problem with stretch marks, but when it comes to loose skin... OMG!
When reached the 20 lbs loss my stomach looked awful. Now it is getting better, but my butt still looking horrible
And I think it is so bad that I don’t see it getting any better.
Anyone with the same problem?
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #12  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Not long ago, I saw a comedian talk about his girlfriends stretch marks - and how sexy he found them (thinking of them as silvery tiger stripes).
A few months into dating my husband he also called them tiger stripes and said he liked them, lol. I got SO many when I had my son, not just on the belly, but legs, butt, and MAJORLY on my sides. Unlike most, the ones on my side have never faded, they're still purple. I only added to my collection by my enormous weight gain after wards.

I have grown to love them now though. They are my battle scars of motherhood and other struggles in my life and I think that scars and marks on the body are beautiful.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #13  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

belezura...I have a horrible butt and stomach...the butt really scares me...even when I'm at goal weight (which wasn't too long ago, actually), I worry so much about how I look when I'm walking...I feel super self conscious when I'm in my gym clothes. I see other women and none of them seem to have all the loose skin, sagginess and dimples I have on my bum. It sucks. However, this time, when I reach goal, I will not be upset by all of this. I will just wear clothes to accentuate the positive...my future small waist and my nice collar bone, etc.... I can't change all of that so why not just accept it? I used to worry about a little cellulite and now, I have to just stop worrying about this and be happy with what I've got. I feel lucky that I can walk, workout and be active...not everyone has those luxuries. But, I do understand where you're coming from.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

I hear you - I've always had them on my outer thighs, but now after two babies my stomach is riddled with them and unfortunately looks like a large rasin made of skin with some sort of distorted belly button hidden in there! The only cure obviously is a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin - I plan on it one day when we're sure we're done with kids and I'm at a healthy weight. Honestly I think the vast majority of women have them, those who don't are genetically blessed (insert jealousy here )

Last edited by emiloots; 11-10-2009 at 09:10 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/220/135

Height: 5'6"

I just recently started to get strech marks. I never had any that were really bad, but one day I saw a little red dot on my stomach and it itched. I thought it was a bug bite, well now that tiny dot is about six inches long across my stomach. Many have popped up over the past few months. I even noticed a baby one on my shoulder. I really don't want them on my shoulders. I figure, when I lose all this weight I wanna at least show my arms if I can't show my stomach. Thankfully, some are already starting to fade and they aren't really that noticable.

I know they can't be removed, but is there a way to prevent more from forming?
supergirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote