Old 11-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Default No More Wine

OK...I Confess !!
ON Friday I got really excited... happy...nervous.. scared...and blown away by a career opportunity that could be comming my way. I decided that I should celebrate and get a bottle of wine to have with dinner. Well, after the second glass, I started to get those old feelings of craving, and being ravenous and out... way out of control.
I knew then I could never do that again...
I did it again...
Last night ..same scenario...finished the bottle...
Now... it is crystal clear... wine makes me hungry... this is not a great way to unwind...
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #2  

Dang that did it to me last night too. I had some wine and then ended up eating a big brownie I knew I shouldn't have but that wine made me lose my mind. I've been regretting it all day. Thanks for the post make me feel like I'm not along.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #3  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

better than a brownie: we melt peanut butter, baker's chocolate and splenda and stir Kashi GoLean into it. We freeze it on wax paper for a treat and eat it with strawberries. don't make a big batch though, you can blow it if you have more than one.

Um, I'm a minister (and my husband's a pastor) so this is absolutely scandalous...but sometimes we have a glass of wine later in the evening and make sure that there's no food around when we get that ravenous craving out of control feeling...
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #4  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

OMG that happened to me on my birthday. I was giving myself 2 glasses which turned into the whole bottle and 6 peices of candy. haha Perhaps no more wine is the answer!

Good luck with the career thing! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #5  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, marigrace,

Hope you won't be too hard on yourself. You learned a valuable lesson! It's disheartening, but now you know one of your triggers.

I empathize, because I'm the same; in fact, I really can't have wine at all while I'm losing. I can be totally on plan, but the minute I add a glass of wine to the mix, my weight loss stalls completely. Which utterly sucks, because it's one of my favorite things! I live in fantastic wine country -- heck, I sometimes even make my own wine with grapes I finagle from the local vineyards. But... no wine for me for a long while. I'll probably make an exception here and there for very special occasions, but it's water and tea for the time being... <sigh...>

Pick yourself up and keep going, eh? At least you have that new career opportunity to motivate you!
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 113

Height: 5'2

I know this sounds strange but for me wine keeps the hunger pangs away. Perhaps I just got too drunk to want to eat. The wine distracted me from my hunger perhaps?
jewelweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Well it's not in the bag just yet...But I do feel a lot better now that I talked about it. Thanks Guys ! I'm having a skim milk hot cocoa tonight !! (lol)
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #8  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

its a good thing I am not a drinker at all. I could see myself doing the same thing you ladies have done!!
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote