PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Update on PFH and other stuff

I have never felt so awful in my whole life. Rant to follow!

I have been really dizzy and blacking out for a couple of days now. I called the gyno's office and told them what was wrong, they set me an appointment for 2 months away. DUH! So I called my GP and got in an hour later. My hemoglobin is all the way down to 6.0. I have to have a blood transfusion. The thing that makes me mad is, this could have all been prevented.

Before I went on vacation, I was having my period for 4 weeks. So doc gave me provera, and it stopped. Then, I got the chemical D&C which I was expecting. Called his office, asked for my BCP prescription. UH-OH! He is on vacation and the nurse practitioner wouldn't give them to me without a pap result. So, back to the 2 months to get into my gyno. So, I just waited, knowing what was coming.

Today after I practically passed out in the bathroom I had enough, so I went back to my GP's office. The nurse practitioner was all for giving me more provera until I can get my pap result, and by the way, 2 units of blood would make you feel much better. So, tomorrow I'm having an ultrasound with another gyno, and Wednesday morning I'm having my transfusion.

You guys, out of control periods are not something to play with. Even if the flow is light, the extended time period plays havoc with your blood count. Don't blame the breathlessness on your weight, cause with less blood volume, your heart has to pump faster to get the blood around your body. Let's not forget the passing out part, or the STROKE that could happen, or the HEART ATTACK that could happen. Scared me out of my shoes, let me tell you.

I am seriously considering a hysterectomy, no matter how much time I have to take off work. I won't let this thing kill me!
Old 07-30-2002, 01:49 PM   #2  

Oh my goodness! I hope you are feeling much better soon! Isn't that the way with OBGYNS? Do they not really understand or do they not care?!? 2 months? Is he crazy???

I have a friend who has this problem and my MIL had it until her hysterectomy. I was always and still am worried that something is going to happen.

I hope anyone else who sees your story and has the same problem will hie thee to a doctor immediately!

Good luck on getting it taken care of.

Amber
Old 08-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #3  

OMG

I really really hope your write a letter to the gyn office and then switch gyn's QUICKLY.

I really hope you feel better soon. How scary..

Closed Thread