Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #1  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

Wink OMG -- Another boy thread!

Ok, this story can be lengthy, but I'm gonna try and cut it down... Basically, I went to a Halloween party Sat. night and I met this guy -- well I met him a couple of years ago but haven't seen him since -- we hung out a little, and kissed a little... he didn't even recognize me since I have lost about 35lbs since the last time I saw him, yay! But anyway, I decided to leave (made a right decision about that since the cops came minutes after I left) and he came up to my car and told me that he wanted me to stay with him, bad idea as he was a little more than slightly intoxicated. But he told me to call him and that he'd add me on facebook so I could have his number. I went home wondering wth I had just done and decided that I'd leave it all up to whether or not he remembered me to add me on facebook. Sunday he added me which made me think he liked me a little more than just a booty call. So I talked to friends and decided to send him a message on facebook. Less evasive I guess, if he really didn't like me and whatnot. So that was Monday, and it's currently Thursday and I haven't heard anything from him. But he didn't seem very active on facebook sooooo my question is...

Should I text him? He did originally tell me to call him (I think calling might be awkward -- especially for me). But would that make me seem really desperate? Any suggestions would be helpful... I'm so horrible with men! LOL
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I try to never make more than one move, but that's just me.

What did your message say?
JMC885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #3  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

I kinda made a joke about him remembering to add me, that it was good to see him again at the party... and hope to hear from ya soon. --lame, I know.
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I know it's the most difficult advice ever, but definitely play hard to get. And that's not sexist, either--how often do we sabotage ourselves by chasing boys who send mixed signals or show inconsistent attention? Guys are unfortunately much less fun if they make their interest obvious, and the same goes for us ladies.

You made a move, now sit tight... but make sure you're still going out and meeting other guys! Never, ever wait for one guy. Always, always keep flirting.
JMC885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #5  
sugar is the devil

I agree with everyone else - let him get the message and take it from there. Play hard to get . I have made my mistakes of being too needy/easy - always messaging and such. Lets just say those situations turned out pretty bad...
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #6  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

It's either Mr. Right, or Mr. Right Now.

What are you looking for? You need to ask yourself that first before you try to see what he's looking for.

Play it cool, if he's interested, he'll come after you, you've done your part in adding him and texting him, do nothing now. I've been with my boyfriend for two years, we met online originally, hung out a few times, then nothing. I never bugged him and he never bugged me, six months later he calls me up ready for a relationship, something I thought never would happen.

You don't know what's out there. Don't bust your butt chasing some guy if he isn't going to put some effort back.

But keep us updated though! That's what us 20 somethings are for
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.5/126/125

Height: 5'1

I think it all depends on your interest level. If you are simply interested in getting to know him then there would be no harm in texting or calling him. It's not like he's going to think you are a stalker bc of one text. He wouldn't have given you his number if he didn't want you to use it. However, if he doesn't respond to the text call it quits move on to the next. Boys are a dime a dozen.. Seriously.
LeiLah913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #8  
Ready to start living....

I wouldnt text him or say a thing... let him call and show interest. You have already shown interest and been a lil flirty. The ball is in his court.
dream8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #9  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I think if you're looking for more than a booty call, play hard to get. However, if you're out one night and just looking for a hookup, wth, go ahead and text him. Sounds to me that's why he wanted you to have his #.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #10  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiLah913 View Post
I think it all depends on your interest level. If you are simply interested in getting to know him then there would be no harm in texting or calling him. It's not like he's going to think you are a stalker bc of one text. He wouldn't have given you his number if he didn't want you to use it. However, if he doesn't respond to the text call it quits move on to the next. Boys are a dime a dozen.. Seriously.
I have to agree with here here. I think maybe he wants you to call him, and if so just send him a text saying Hi, remember me. If he doesn't reply back, or its b/c he was only looking for a booty call.

but i mean he did add u on facebook, and he did give you his number, so clearly he has some interest in you.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote