Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #1  
Snflwr04

S/C/G: 200+ / 115 / ??

Height: 5'2"

Default I am so not a chick in control

So, I used to be a chick in control. I watched my portion sizes, counted calories, took walks every day. But now, this fall - I'm lazy. All I think about is eating. I practically raced home tonight to eat some home made cookies. I wasn't hungry, they would still be there later - but I just had to have them at that moment. All day at work these past few days, all I wanted to do is eat. Now, I must say that I typically do pretty good. I eat atleast 2-3 fruits a day, oatmeal, soybeans - basically my diet is for the most part healthy. But why do I want to eat all the time. It's like I'm resorting back to my old 'fat' self. I chew gum all day - my jaw hurts right now. I can't stand it. I can fill up on water but it's the chewing factor that I thrive off of. Why?? I got nothing. I need to get myself in check for the holidays or I'm SKREWED.

Thanks - I just needed to vent.
Snflwr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Fellow Cornhusker, I'm right there with you. I have been falling into a rut that needs the breaks put on ASAP. Not sure what part of NE you are in, but in my area, (south central) the last several weeks we have had the most crappy weather. Cold, gloomy, wet, and just basically horrid, THANKFULLY yesterday and today have been sunny and that is such a treat. I have been feeling that urge to eat, to bake, to comfort myself, and I think in my case it is a combination of triggering my sugar addiction with little bits of Halloween candy and the gloom. As soon as I'm done posting I'm going outside to soak up the sun ALL DAY. I have plenty of work to do to keep me busy until the sun goes down.

I hope you find your answer, but try with all your power to not give up. We just can't! We have to get back the control and live healthy lives. Here is to day one sugar free/ refined carb free and day 2 of Vitamin D supplimentation.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-05-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #3  
Snflwr04

South Central here as well. The weather has stunk bad hasn't it. I'm with you, the weather makes me want to eat and comfort myself. I just want to come home and eat yummy stuff then get into comfy clothes and relax. I did take a quick walk after work today and was thinking that I should really challange myself to 1 week of no sweets. I know I can do it, it's just saying 'No' - which is sooo hard for me.

Lets keep each other strong!! We can do it.

Hey, tell me more about those Vit D supplements. How are they working for you? Do you take any other supplements?

snflwr
Old 11-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #4  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

At least youu're at the right point, you've recognized that you've been slipping.

Is there something you could do to jazz up your old routine, that will still keep you full, energized and craving free?

sometimes a change is refreshing!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

I have read many anecdotal reports that Vitamin D supplements help ease the depression symptoms associated with S.A.D., (seasonal affects disorder). I also heard Dr. OZ say on Oprah once say it was beneficial for people who experience mild generalize depression, (which I have suffered from for years). My binge behavior is directly related to depression and sugar addiction.

I do have to say that after an awesome sunny beautiful day and day 2 of taking just 1 (400 I.U.) per day, I feel super tonight with absolutely no urge to binge or eat my evening snack...so that is good!

One week of no sugar will help you (and me!) alot with the cravings and urges...Good job getting in a walk too!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-05-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh... me too girl! I have good girl friends on here that hold me accountable but it is still hard right now!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I been pretty lazy myself these last few days its like I got to my 1st mini goal (last week) and all the energy whent ot the door! I used to walk every day and write down and measure every single thing I ate and now blah!
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  
Snflwr04

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. This weekend is going to be nice so I can atleast get out and go for walks and do yard work.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snflwr04 View Post
So, I used to be a chick in control. I watched my portion sizes, counted calories, took walks every day. But now, this fall - I'm lazy.
This is SO me lately!!!!
I hear you...
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Hey gals! I don't post much, but after the year I've had, gaining 20 pounds back from binge eating, I decided this was the place I needed to be. It's refreshing to see that I'm not the only one feeling this way. I just can't seem to get myself motivated lately. I know I need to stop eating and get moving, but putting on my comfy clothes and sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn sounds so much better. That's so interesting to hear about vitamin D, I also suffer from mild depression and it's usually related to my weight, which then makes me eat. Such an ugly cycle. I'm definitely going to try the vitamin D.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #11  
Snflwr04

I started taking the Vitamin D on Sunday and am having ok results. Though I can't judge just yet as I feel a sinus infection comming on and it's that time of the month as well - so I'm moody. I'll follow up on the vit D stats later.

Today was not a good day. We had a team lunch at work - pizza and breadsticks. Then I munched all night on club crackers. I hate that I fully realize the road I'm headed down, but for some reason, I can't make myself stop eating some times.