Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Halloween Costume

Anyone going out? As what?

I'm struggling because I have sizable thighs and butt so most costumes that are short cause my rear to hang out. (Which I don't want). So I'm trying to decide what to do. I was going to do a baseball costume but buying all the pieces were too expensive. So I am thinking I have a little white cotton dress from Victoria Secret and buying a halo, wings, and white fishnets, glittery makeup and going as an angel. (I'm going to a 800+ plus halloween party that my roommates law school throws).
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Ugh, I'm attempting to convince myself to go out, but I haven't decided what i want to do. I have a sorority Halloween Carnival for children that day (which I'm running, eeep!) so its going to be a long day.

Last year, i went as my younger brother because people kept telling us we looked alike. Easiest costume ever...and i got to wear pants! If i go out this year, I'll most likely go to the old standby of rebel school-girl, since I have the skirt/shirt for it. IDK, its in the works. But your plans sound like fun
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

Last year and the year before I went all out every year and bought these skimpy way too tight Halloween costumes.. *not fun* This year I'm thinking more realistic.. I'm going as a cowgirl: a jean skirt, cute plaid top and cowboy boots! I'll be covered up, comfortable AND if I have to buy anything I can re-wear it since there all in style right now. I might even buy a toy gun and a badge to add to it.
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #4  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberHowToSmile View Post
Anyone going out? As what?

I'm struggling because I have sizable thighs and butt so most costumes that are short cause my rear to hang out. (Which I don't want). So I'm trying to decide what to do. I was going to do a baseball costume but buying all the pieces were too expensive. So I am thinking I have a little white cotton dress from Victoria Secret and buying a halo, wings, and white fishnets, glittery makeup and going as an angel. (I'm going to a 800+ plus halloween party that my roommates law school throws).
DH and I are going to a party this year, and although I feel sexier and cuter than I've ever felt in my life... I just can't imagine squeezing into one of those "sexy" costumes. I've got the same problem as you (majorly pear shaped), I'm doing almost the exact thing. Little black dress, black wings, fishnets and a black halo and going as a fallen angel. Great minds?

Last edited by sprklemajik; 10-21-2009 at 09:10 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm going as a "sexy pirate" - I'm not a fan of my thighs, so I'm just wearing opaque black tights under the costume. The black will at least be slipping, and they're dark enough to look like pants.

Of course, if I'm feeling slightly more slutty that day, I'm going to go as a saloon girl - I have a corset and a frilly skirt, but the skirt is knee length, so its not so much of an issue.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #6  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

me and my boyfriend are going as zombie punks.

We really love halloween and even gave ourselves mohawks for the cause!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 331.jpg (12.5 KB, 26 views)
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I like your zombie punk idea! I was thinking of just regular zombie for myself though.

I have no clue what to be this year, I'm thinking of wearing my robe and pinning cat toys to it, then putting stuffed toy cats in the pockets and being a cat lady.

I have pretty curly hair, so I can get it pretty wild, I think this might just look good, but I'm not too sure haha. Plus side is I get to wear frumpy clothing and don't have to worry about looking fat, down side is I won't feel very sexy.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you guys all have to post photos of your costumes! Halloween isnt a big thing here (i usually lock trick or treaters out ) No one has cool costumes, just kids running aorund (without their PARENTS)
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

I'm going as a schoolgirl. I'm not a big fan of my thighs (one of the primary motivators for me to continue losing!).. but this dress covers my thighs for the most part. It's sexy without showing too much skin.
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Love halloween. Earlier this year I went to a convention as part of a steam punk airship crew. I was the cook with an ankle length black skirt with psuedo lace petticoat, a striped blouse and a brown vest with fairly victorian lines. I put my hair up in a gibson girl bun, strapped on a victorian frilly apron, a bandolier with spices and measuring spoons and a steampunk choker. This year I'm wearing the same outfit to work minus the apron and bandolier.

Last year my sister, my mother and I went as the holiday season. My sister wore a comlete christmas outfit and carried a present. My mom was thanksgiving with a big apron and a ladle. I was going to be new years but it was so cold I chickened out and wore a much warmer halloween themed outfit. Past outfits include gypses (bohemian clothing with big hoop earings and a shawl); fairies (same as the gyspy but with sparkly earings, no shawl and wings), and zombies.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I have this top that kinda reminds me of a candy-striper, so I'm just pairing it with a white skirt and a nurses hat for my costume. I wanted red fishnet stockings but the plus size ones were, well, not that plus size. They'd fit a size 16, maaaaaybe an 18, a very small 18. I couldn't even pull them half-way up my thighs. ugh.

Last year I got one of those slutty Eskimo costumes that are super short, and wore opaique brown tights with it. I love some of the costume ideas above. The cowgirl one sounds really cute and practical!

I'm so excited for what I'll be able to fit into next year though!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 10-21-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #12  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Misora -- I love steam punk! I have been acquiring jewelry over time that I am completely in love with. Didn't even know what steam punk was for a while, just really dug the style. Very cool!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Love the ideas ladies, keep them coming and I too want to see pictures!

Last year I was a vampire (the only short dress costume that covered my ***) it was cute. I tried it on to see if it still fit, but since I had a size B chest last year and now have DD it's a little tight in there. It's my last resort if I don't find anything or want to go as an angel.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Try Cleopatra!

I've done it before and it's so easy. Grab a white sheet or buy some cheap white material. Tie it around you to make a one-shouldered toga. Down the side that is open, you can either use safety pins to pin it shut, or sew it shut.

Get gold 'rope' ties that hold back curtains from a haberdashery store, and tie around your waist. If you can also find it, some stretchy elastic with gold glitter can go around your head, or around your upper arm. Wear lots of gold jewellery, sandals, and do your eye makeup in the 'Egyptian' fashion!!!

The bonus for me was being able to wear tights or pants underneath. No thighs rubbing together!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #15  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

I LOVE STEAMPUNK! I actually went to a steampunk festival a few weeks ago. It never occurred to me to do steampunk as a costume because I often dress that way when I get to go out to clubs and parties, but I'm going to a law school Halloween party and that would be perfect for it. I am still going to have to figure out a costume for my other parties though. My nephew (he is 6) told me that I had to go as something scary, so I am considering wearing my favorite suit and making a fake name badge and going as an IRS agent.
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote