Old 10-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #1  
Wannabe fitness junkie

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Smile Car accidents and brain inflammations won't stop me!

Hey chickies!

ever feel like the Powers That Be are out to get you?

I started my weightloss journey a few months ago (maybe some of you remember me?) and things were going rather well. I had gone down from a chunky 185 pounds to a rather less chunky 165. I was on Level 2 of the 30DS and about midway through the C25K program. I had just signed up for my first race. My diet was finally under control (yay for organic whole foods! ) and I was feeling pretty darned awesome overall.

So yeah, things were going well. Too well, maybe, so the Universe decided to send me a double whammy of setbacks: first, I was rear-ended in July, which left me bedridden for two weeks with crazy back and neck pain. Needless to say, I was not happy : I couldn't exercise at all, and since I had to rely on family/friends for meals, they weren't exactly well-balanced organic whole foods (my mom likes pre-packaged junk. my best friend cooks everything in lard or butter. *sigh*) The pounds crept back up.

It took me weeks to get back to some semblance of a workout. But by the end of August, I was back on my feet and doing some very, VERY light jogging on the treadmill.

Just as I was getting back in the swing of things, the Powers That Be tried to knock me down again : brain inflammation. It happened out of nowhere and my brain was stuck in a vise of neverending migraines for six weeks before the doctors managed to bring it down. You can guess there was no exercise whatsoever during that time...

I started getting better about two weeks ago. (I still get daily migraines, but I have a slew of meds and they seem to be helping.) The first day I felt relatively back to my old self, I stared at my running shoes a loooooong time. I admit that I thought : "urgh, what's the use?" By then, the puny muscles I had gained with the 30DS were long gone (sob. I had the beginning of a such a nice tricep too! ). The progress I had made with the C25K were out the window too (I can't even jog 2 minutes without getting winded!)

And then I took out my laptop, clicked on the 3FC bookmark and came back here to read all your stories. Say what you will, there is a lot of power and energy and motivation on these boards, every single day! After five minutes back among my fellow chickies, I was able to tell myself : "Screw the Universe! Get back on that treadmill and tell the Powers That Be to bring it on! Car accidents and brain inflammations won't stop me! I'm stronger than that!"

And so here I am again! I even signed up for another race! (in May. I'm giving myself plenty of time to get back on the horse.)

Thanks for the motivation, chickies. You all were a Godsend when I needed it most.
cara0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Welcome back! Sorry about all the misfortune! :O You ARE stronger than that, and dont worry the muscle will come back Thats the great thing about it
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I'm glad you are back and better! Way to pull through!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

You have the determination, so I know you'll get there!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara0017 View Post
After five minutes back among my fellow chickies, I was able to tell myself : "Screw the Universe! Get back on that treadmill and tell the Powers That Be to bring it on! Car accidents and brain inflammations won't stop me! I'm stronger than that!"

And so here I am again! I even signed up for another race! (in May. I'm giving myself plenty of time to get back on the horse.)

Thanks for the motivation, chickies. You all were a Godsend when I needed it most.
That is so awesome. Sometimes you really do have to give the proverbial middle finger to what the world is dishing out. Way to be determined in the face of adversity!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote