Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Coming out of a Funk

Wow, what a weekend. PMS, moving stress, we're all sick with what is probably H1N1, money worries, joblessness - it all just fell on my head and I ate and ate and ate...... of course now that I write it down I can kinda see where I was a little overwhelmed! still I can feel that I'm pulling out of the blue funk, I'm out of bed, showered and dressed even! and I am starting on the mountain of cleaning and packing that needs to be done - all though, of course emergencies keep popping up. The phone just rang with another, absolutely urgent thing that now has to be dealt with today, immediately if possible...... sheesh!

My goal is to just remember that I can handle this and to ignore the mountain and focus on the foothill I'm standing on...... Just keep moving forward!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #2  
on a journey

Sometimes it's all i can do to think about today, it's so hard not to look ahead. It's my downfall, i struggle with it everyday.

i'm so glad you're feeling better. i just had a good old fashioned cry and feel a bit better myself.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #3  
Buddha Shaped

S/C/G: 307/307/199

Height: 5'3"

You are awesome and strong for dealing with all that, and being conscious that you can do it, even if you slip a little. It's certainly understandable!
DuckyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 3"

Hope things continue to improve for you. I was all blah and depressed yesterday, but I'm convincing myself that was yesterday and today is a new day.
Lyndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying View Post
My goal is to just remember that I can handle this and to ignore the mountain and focus on the foothill I'm standing on...... Just keep moving forward!
You have an excellent attitude! Life happens and sometimes it feels pretty overwhelming, but if we can focus on the important things and the beauty that is all around us, we can keep moving forward. I'm also going through a kind of rough time right now, but for the past few days I have tried to focus on the beautiful fall weather and the other little patches of brightness that are around me (when I can see them!) and I think that helps.

I hope that you're all feeling better and recover from your H1N1 soon! That doesn't sound like fun at ALL!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote