Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 9/21/09

Hello, Lifers.

Not sure what happened; posted this once today already.

I finally got the courage to go to WI and I was up 1#, not really surprising after my "devil may care" vacation where I went hog wild with food and drink.
I have really been trying hard to be OP, so I expected a loss, but OK, could have been worse.

How is everyone?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lisa! Thanks for getting the thread up and running.

I was in Cincinnati this past weekend and drank more German beer than I have in a long time. My WI this week wasn't pretty (up 3#) but I think some of that is processed foods, beer, and definitely not enough water. We did a lot of walking so I know I got my activity in. I'm not going to freak about it yet, we'll see what next week brings.

It's frustrating when you're OP and don't see results at the scale. I've been trying to ride out the storm and am hoping that things will catch up but in the meantime I'm learning to be patient and that's really hard.

This weekend I'm going to Cleveland with a friend and we're going to Trader Joe's and the mall. We're also going to meet up with another friend for lunch. I'm looking forward to the "girl" time.

Alan How are things going with you? Our garden did pretty well this year albeit late tomatoes because we didn't have the heat/humidity until the middle of August. We've been able to can a few jars of tomatoes.

Pam, Lori Hope everything is going well with both of you!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, I'm glad you had a good time. Your weekend with the girls sounds like fun. I need one of those. Sorry about the gain (ouch). Yum--fresh tomatoes sound good.

Our tomatoes did not do well here--it was just too hot.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Default Florida is hot

We have hot weather here, but only in the summer. It 2007 March we had 16 days with max over 35 (in succession) with some around 43 from memory. Last summer was hot also. Sop far this spring has been cool and wet, as the farmers like, but shortly the heat will come. Our tomatoes dont like it too hot either
Anyway, at least we can grow them!
Why am I talking about the weather again?
Hmmm..must try something new...anyone interested in Aussie Rules football..Grand Final Day tomorrow,...Hmmm thought not...

What about global warming...how serious is it. Darned hot here last year I know that...the polar regions are melting, so there must be something afoot.

This is a job for Superman!!
Seriously, I have an interest in music..play the trombone...anyone else like to play?
(music that is )
Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Alan: How about some good, old fashioned rugby? My husband plays and is a die hard New Zealand All Blacks fan. We had the opportunity to see their 7's team play this past February in San Diego. My DH and both sons play the game. It's been beautiful here the past two days--cool (60's F) during the day and sunny. I love the Fall season. Our summer was pretty wet--we didn't really have a summer to speak of. I'm just hoping that winter is not bad. Last year we had 149" of snow! I used to play the clarinet in high school.

Lisa: We went to another Oktoberfest celebration this evening--had a couple of beers and some German food. I really need to step back!

Tomorrow I'm heading over to Ohio with a good friend for a Trader Joe's run and shopping. I'm looking forward to it!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Hi Emily,
You have friends here, keep smiling
Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote