Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default The Best Laid Plans...

I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a head of broccoli to roast for a side dish with grilled chicken. A couple of hours later I come downstairs to find my cocker spaniel polishing off the remains. So not only did I not have what I wanted for dinner...I have a dog full of broccoli!

<sigh>

Barb
OhCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Eek, better break out the gas mask..
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

OMG that's hilarious! I didn't even know dogs would eat broccoli. Sorry your dinner was spoiled.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Haha, that is so funny! You might want to keep some air freshener handy. I had a dog once that used to eat sauerkraut. Oddly enough, his name was Rueben!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #5  

I just got home from walking him for 45 minutes and he seems to have "metabolized" his broccoli ok. I mean he ate the trunk, the stalks, the crowns AND the leaves!! This dog is the reason I can't grow tomatoes anymore..he'd go out and pull them off the bushes and stockpile them in the yard and chow down! He's never met a fruit or veggie he didn't like.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 6

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! Some people can't even get their kids to eat broccoli let alone their dog
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #7  

LOL..he'll come running in from the backyard when he hears me open the plastic container that strawberries come in! I swear!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #8  
Want2BeThin

S/C/G: 178.6/163.5/135

Height: 61.5 inches

My sister-in-law has a long-haired daschund which was at one time overweight. He is a PIG and will eat anything and everything in sight. The doctor put him on diet food and suggested to her that he eat veggies when he is begging for food. She gave him broccoli....and he loved it. When we have dog sat him over the years, she brings his diet food and 2 bunches of broccoli.....He will sit and beg at the fridge door for his broccoli. Outside he even tried to bury the stalk from the brocolli like it was a bone. He is so amusing to watch. He did end up losing the weight he needed to. Maybe that is our secret for us dieters......eat more brocolli.

LOL

Last edited by Want2BeThin; 09-24-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Want2BeThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #9  

I also buy cans of no-salt-added green beans which he LOVES... he, too, was ordered to lose some weight (and he has) but I figure you can't go wrong with veggies. In moderation of course!