Old 09-21-2009, 03:42 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default 100 lb Accountability 21 - 26 September

Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:52 AM   #2  
Nicole

Hey everyone!

Sorry for going MIA again. Last week was a very messy week - 2 friends had fairly major crises and I really struggled to find time to read, let alone post.

One friend is a paramedic and attended a particularly nasty MVA last week. I don't want to go into too many details - this accident received a lot of media play here because of the circumstances and I'm not sure if there's anyone who lurks and who would know exactly what was talking about. So, yeah, spent time with him while he unloaded everything, which was very difficult. And another friend, 7 weeks out from her wedding who's having doubts about whether she should go ahead with the wedding! It's been an interesting few days...

Anyway, apart from that things are going well. Eating's been a bit patchy and I'm using the excuse that calories consumed while friends are ranty and I'm being supportive don't count. That's really pushing things a bit, isn't it. The scale is up a bit - hopefully yummy trainer won't chuck me on the scales tomorrow morning!

And yummy evil trainer has really been earning his name - Thursday's class was an exercise in torture and I was so sore on Friday! Seriously, 20 push ups, 20 burpees, 20 crunches and so on.... Ouch. He so wasn't on my list of favourite people!

The weekend was pretty quiet - I bought some plants for the balcony and will look at buying some more in a few weeks, assuming I don't kill these ones! I'm not very good with plants, but I'd like to try growing some vegetables - maybe some lettuces and tomatoes, that kind of thing in pots? I don't know - we'll see how it goes.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks - Hope everyone is doing well! I am inching along. DH is finally home after being gone for 8 days. I am so glad he's home.

meditation
lots of water
put fork down between bites
stretches and strengthening
journal/log food

Board meeting tonight.

breakfast - dry cherrios, banana, pnb spoon

lunch - black beans, lite cheese, ww wrap, tomatoes

snack - peach

dinner - lite cheese omlette, toast, tomatoes

snack - almond butter on toast, sf cocoa

Nicolen - so glad to see you again. Sorry to hear about your friend's crisis'. So the yummy trainer has you working hard. At least he is yummy!

MJ - hope your day at work goes well. You take care now. My saurkraut and pork was so good - hope your was too!

Have a GREAT day folks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I am proud to report a 2lb loss last week. I only have to lose 7 more to be back to my lowest. Still feel like I need a butt kicking for slacking and gaining some back!
breakfast- yogurt, blueberries, and granola yummy 250 calories
lunch- huge stirfry with chicken and veggies
dinner - baked porkchop, 2eggs and 2 biscuits
snack...depends on my calorie totals..
water- 128 ounces+
exercise- minitramp

Last edited by dgramie; 09-21-2009 at 07:49 PM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I need to sign up here and be accountable. This past week was not good. I made too many poor choices. Today I begin to journal everything I eat. I bought a kitchen scale so now I will weigh things and I will also make use of my measuring cups. I need to have a better grip on my calories instead of eye-balling it - especially since I *know* how well I am doing that

Today:
C25K W5D1 complete
Breakfast
english muffin with a slice of cheese and a fried egg (270 calories)
Snack
Cheese string (70 calories)
Lunch
salad with corn, black beans, salsa, ranch dressing and chicken (calories to be calculated)
Snack
?
Supper
?

I need to plan out what is on the menu for tonight. I am heading grocery shopping after work so I will mull over today what I might want tonight (and for the rest of the week)
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!!!

Nicolen~ sorry to hear about all the drama. It can be very draining. I hope your friends will be back on track soon and feeling better about their lives and choices. They are lucky to have a good friend to help them thru the rough patches.
One of the best gardens I ever had was all done in pots on the deck, it was great looked like I was living in a veggie rain forest...lol. The tomatoes were HUGE that year.

Beverlyjoy~ glad to hear hubby is home and you are doing well.

dgramie~ Congrats on the weight loss, anytime the scale moves downward it's a good thing.

Yesterday was quiet and I went to bed early and slept in for a bit since I work later hours today. Actually I am sleeping a bit better now than I have in the last several years. I find that odd considering everything. At first I chalked it up to depression but now I wonder if I am just more at ease in some ways and catching up on what I have not had enough of.

I have also noticed when I go "home" to visit or pick up my son my dog (mini dachshund) refuses to get out of the car. If I force him and take him in the house he growls at everyone and sits in the corner and glares. I think his behavior is very telling and he obviously doesn't wish to go back to where/what we were.

Took the dog and went for a long walk in the woods. Toted the camera with and we more or less just wandered for a couple hours on the trails. We covered a lot of ground and he was very tired when we were done.

I meant to unpack some things yesterday but it didn't happen. I just closed the door to that room and ignored it. My mood was good and I didn't want to risk falling into a blue mood by "thinking" of what was or might have been...

My cold is still there but is lessening very slowly. I hope soon it will be gone for good.

Yesterday's food choices

scrambled eggs w/half slice bacon
topped with fresh tomatoes
orange juice
tea

slice of cheese
water

taco salad (NO chips , just meat/cheese and mostly veggies)
water

small slice of meatloaf (cooked to have something during the week premade)

lf yogurt
water

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a fantastic OP day!!
Time to get dressed for work and start my day. It is raining heavy here but we need it badly.

Last edited by jab91864; 09-21-2009 at 08:51 AM.
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #7  

econ nerd~ welcome to the board ~~~~~ =0)
Old 09-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello lovies,

nicolen, hope everything is ok with your friends.

today: 1422

breakfast: seitan in sf maple syrup
s: pear
l: garlic seitan in wheat pasta with zucchini, onions and olive oil
s: wheat thins and hummus
d: spicy Indian rice with curry flavored seitan
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

On to another week. I lost a little (very little, .8 lbs), but I'm glad to see a loss. I struggled with food last week, so I was happy to have a loss at all. I went and worked out this morning on the elliptical, and I felt like I was back to my pre-sick strength.

So, my goal this week is to really watch my food plan and stay faithful to it.

Hi to everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #10  
Out is Through

Wink

This seems like a lovely thread, so I'm going to join right in if you chickies don't mind!

I had to skip my classes today to make up for lost time, I have my mother's surprise 60th birthday party this weekend and lots of errands to run!

This morning I had a bowl of spoon-size plain shredded wheat with a tablespoon of sugar free hershey's chocolate syrup and plain soy milk. I plan on having a hearty lunch but I'm not sure what it'll be just yet, but I'm going to grab a cup of honeydew in a few minutes!

Probably a whole wheat Subway sandwich for dinner, not too sure. Gym for atleast an hour tonight..and WATER WATER WATER!!

Talk to you all later on tonight
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #11  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Just popping in quick....lots to catch up on at work! I am missing nap time already! LOL!!!! I am going to start back up at the gym tonight--drs orders--only the bike tonight, it will be interesting to see what I can do. I will NOT over-do! I will go straight home and elevate and ice!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #12  
Nicole

Wow, lots of talking today and lots to catch up on - this is good!

A bit of news today - yummy evil trainer won't be my trainer for much longer. He's going back into the army full time and putting in his notice - heading to Antarctica for the summer and then being posted to Afghanistan. From what he was saying, it's what he wants, so I've got to wish him well, but I now have to find another trainer again... And he made me work really hard today, so hard that I think I'm going to struggle to lift my arms high enough to do my hair and make up tomorrow. I'm going to see if he wants to stay in contact - email addresses or Facebook or something like that. Of course, that means I might actually have to spend some time on Facebook...

And a bit of food indulgence today, unfortunately - garlic bread for dinner. I've seriously got to get the food thing under control again.

The menu today was:

B - muffin and vegemite

S - yoghurt and berries

S - muesli bar

L - chicken satay, rice, stir fry veges

D - garlic bread...

Beverly, yay for having DH home again - 8 days is a long time to be apart!

Dgramie, go you with the weight loss! Awesome stuff!

Karen, welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you - and I can completely understand over estimating portion sizes. Me, I'm the queen of that!

Jab, interesting about sleeping better. Yay for a long walk - awesome!

Lottie, they're getting there. Just a bit more drama than I'm used to. How's everything with you?

Creech, welcome to you as well! You sound like a busy person - can I ask what you're studying?

MJ, go you for getting back to work and the gym, but don't try too much too soon...

Have fun everyone!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

nicolen- I can relate to the not being able to lift your arms...lol I was already sore from lifting weights on sunday and then last night used hand weights while jumping on the minitramp.
Beverly- enjoy being with your hubby
Mj- how did the biking go?
creeech- hi and nice to meet you.I'm new on this thread and loving it.
Karen- HI
slash- a loss is a loss...great job! They do add up!
jab- glad the cold is getting better.

I am in a 60 day challenge on the 300+ thread that is fun. Yesterday we increase the intensity of our workout.TOday our challenge is to measure and weigh all food and write everything down. ITs giving me some needed guidelines. Everyone is welcome to join..

today- breakfast yogurt, berries and granola 250
lunch chicken stirfry( I use to eat this really often and had forgotten how much I love it and how huge my plate is for only 250-300 calories)
dinner- not sure yet...
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #14  

Nicolen~ I'm sorry the trainer is leaving. Imagine it would be difficult to find someone you are as comfortable with. I think staying in touch is a good thing. My nephew just left for Afghanistan. His sister just got back from Iraq several months ago... very stressful to say the least.

Creech~ Welcome to the board. Love the name!!!!

dgramie~ chicken stir fry sounds yummie !

mj5 ~ hope the gym went well and you didn't over-do

slashni ~ glad to hear you are feeling better / stronger and Congrats on the loss.

lottie ~ your menu always sounds sooooo good. I love hummus and always say I am going to make my own but never seem to get to it.

My "new" digital scale I bought a few weeks ago has died already. Put new batteries in yesterday and it is still on the fritz, ticks me off since it is obviously a waste of money. Thankfully I hadn't thrown away my ancient scale with the whacky needle.

Made the mistake of NOT loading up on cough and cold meds yesterday and got into a coughing fit that lasted over an hour with me hacking and barking and wheezing along. Very embarrassing. Not to mention with all the talk of swine flu ppl are leery to get near anyone who is sick right now.

Food choices yesterday

arnolds sandwich things
peanut butter
1/2 serving of oatmeal
water
tea

apple
water

diet coke... i needed some caffeine as I was dragging

cup of homemade chicken veggie soup
meatloaf
tomatoes
arnolds sandwich thin
water

Hope everyone has an awesome day !!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #15  
Out is Through

Good morning everyone! Sorry I didn't reply last night, I came home and passed out as soon as my head hit that pillow haha

Yesterday went really well.

Breakfast: Shredded wheat & soy milk for breakfast
Morning Snack: 1/2 cup of VERY ripe honeydew!
Lunch: 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter on arnold's double fiber bread
Afternoon Snack: 1 medium red delicious apple
Dinner: 3ounces of roast beef and a LOT of veggies

My boyfriend sister & I went shopping last night for decorations since the party is on Saturday. We didn't get home until 9ish, so we wound up hitting the gym around 9:40 =/ I don't like going that late but I push myself to go anyway because it's better later than never! I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes and we wound up using the weight machines for over an hour! By the time we got home it was midnight, I was pooped and seriously fell asleep as soon as I was horizontal :P

Nicolen I know you're not expecting a long explanation, but here goes! I've completed my general education requirements and electives, and I'm waiting to get into a Physical Therapist Assistant program in Brooklyn. They're very selective, so if by chance I don't make it in I'm heading down my original route with childhood education. *deep breath* :P

dgramie & jab91864 Thank you for the warm welcomes! I look forward to getting to know the both of you :]

Off to class! Errands afterwards and work at 4..hopefully I'll catch up with you chickies later

-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote