Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Is anyone doing the "You Can Do it" challenge from Fitness Magazine?

I've never tried a magazine workout challenge, but I'm thinking about trying this one: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitne...nsize&temp=yes

Is anyone else signing up for it? Or is there anyone who has tried it before?
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  

thanks! Yeah I am definitely a beginner in the workout department too so I am glad you said that because I might have to customize it if I do end up trying iout the one in the article. thanks for the advice!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #3  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

I think I'm going to make a customized workout. That's not really realistic for someone just starting or who doesn't have a lot of muscle already...
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

I have this month's issue, is it the one with the ball and dumbbells? I tried that one day...the reason I don't like these is that they feel...awkward! I love videos because I can pop them in and listen to the cues or see the exercise demonstrated.
When it is on paper I have to look at what the picture shows and read the directions, grab my equipment and do the exercise and if all goes well on that I have to do that with the next exercise. Pretty soon I feel stupid to keep stopping and it doesn't feel right.
I like flowing from exercise to exercise with no stops like that...if that makes
So yes I tried it...if it works for you then I would do it. the exercises looked good but it didn't fit me

oh I see you can sign up for it...I was just following it in the magazine...if they put it into a video I would be in!

Last edited by Dagny18; 09-17-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny18 View Post
I have this month's issue, is it the one with the ball and dumbbells? I tried that one day...the reason I don't like these is that they feel...awkward! I love videos because I can pop them in and listen to the cues or see the exercise demonstrated.
When it is on paper I have to look at what the picture shows and read the directions, grab my equipment and do the exercise and if all goes well on that I have to do that with the next exercise. Pretty soon I feel stupid to keep stopping and it doesn't feel right.
I like flowing from exercise to exercise with no stops like that...if that makes
So yes I tried it...if it works for you then I would do it. the exercises looked good but it didn't fit me

oh I see you can sign up for it...I was just following it in the magazine...if they put it into a video I would be in!
Yeah its the one with the ball & dumbbells -- it's on p. 69 of the september issue. and it's the same online as in the magazine but the main benefit of signing up online is that you get entered in contests and they allow you to customize it through your profile. But otherwise it's the same thing that's in the magazine