Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #1  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Default Anyone do Callanetics?

I used to these exercises many years ago, probably over 15 years ago. I ordered one of the basic books this week and I do remember some of the warmup and stomach exercises and have been doing those most days. I feel the need to tone up as I lose weight so I won't be left with major sagging skin.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

I do, I do!! (okay, I did

Hydra, I also discovered Callanetics about 15 years ago and replaced my tapes with DVDs. Lately, (with all sorts of life changes as excuses) I've fallen out of an exercise routine - but not for long. These exercises work best for me about one hour before bedtime, very relaxing. I've been very pleased with how they firm and tone the body.

Callan Pinckney was really onto something in designing this program. Next to walking, this is my favorite form of exercise.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/226/140

Height: 5'3"

Yeah I did. It was five or six years ago during a summer - I haven't lost too much weight (10 lbs maybe), but I was in really good shape. That time I weighed 200 lbs.
Last year was my lowest weight 199 lbs, but I didn't fit in pants from my "callanetics time"! Not even by chance! I'm considering return to callanetics again (at least two times pro week), because my figure was really good formed.
ayumukasuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Ah, I had completely forgotten that I had one of her videos lying around! I've used one of her underarm tightening exercises for years, but had forgotten where it had come from. Thanks for the reminder about her, I'll pop the video into my ancient player tonight. All those tiny reps--my poor abdominals won't know what hit them!

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 09-22-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote