Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #1  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Default Why do I let the scale effect me so much still?

I eat clean only about 1400 to 1800 cal aday track what I eat a =nd exercise at least 3 hours a day and I mean big p90x plus elliptical cardio ext.ect and my weight fluct. and it depress me so bad I am up 2 lbs this week and I DO NOTHING to deserve it NOTHING?????
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, if I check, my weight goes up 2 or 3 pounds between morning and evening. It's just normal variation.

Who knows why it went up? Maybe you had something salty to eat, or maybe it's close to time of the month, or a comet whizzed by the earth! There is just no controlling these daily fluctuations.

Now you wouldn't be stressing if it went down 2 pounds, would you? The important thing is where the average weight is over time.

Maybe try weighing less often?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #3  
Training for life!

I work so hard to get it to go down it takes month for me to even get it to budge at all I have work for 90 days to get 14 lbs off that I gain while being ill this last winter with barly a change in my eating habits{the gain part} so I have great FEAR of any weight that comes on I am 57 and had been maintaining 128 and around last tues it went up gradually with no eating changes and today 132 I am heart broken!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

You know, that's about a pound a week. It may not be what you wished for, but it's quite a normal and good rate of loss. A pound a week is definitely "budging!"
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

I can totally relate. I was just thinking about that this morning. I do EVERYTHING correctly and this is my reward....thanks alot....

However, I really appreciate knowing I'm not alone.

Candice
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #6  
Training for life!

Julie what you failed to read was that I gained 4lbs since last week with NO change in my diet or exercise I do not eat fats or starches ect ect I only eat meat vegs fruits and High cardio read my exercise in aug exercise
Old 08-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Diva, did anything happen in the last week that would cause a big fluctuation? I see you are 57 so I am assuming you are post-menopausal. If not, could it be TOM weight? Did you eat at a restaurant? Eating at a restaurant can make me gain 4 lbs overnight just from the salt content.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

Maybe you just need a change? If we keep doing the same thing(s) our bodies get real efficient at the calories needed. Have you tried calorie-cycling, or doing a new exercise routine, or adding some weight liftinge, changing what cardio you do?

I'm 64 and I know absolutely how hard it is to drop weight as we age. In June I started a new intense WL program, with a concurrent change in my eating (following Precision Nutrition program). After staying the same for probably about 9 months (within the same 3-4 pound range), I have begun losing, very slowly, but losing. And my body is changing - as I can tell from both my clothes and my measurements. I went down a size in pants and just recently down a size in tops as well. Don't let your body get happy where it is - treat it to a change!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #9  
Training for life!

I Do P90x And I Also Do Elliptical 30 Min A Day I Walk My Dog On A
5oo Ft Gain, 3 Mile Hike That Takes [1hr] Rt Everyday I Also Do Very Intensre Cardio Workouts Such As Amy Beto A Team Bootcamp In Addition To My P 90x Work Out Or Jillian Workouts, Ect. I Workout 3hrs A Day 7 Days Aweek And No I Did Not Eat Out And I Have Been On Hormones For Years. . I Just Can't Stand That The Scale Affects My Mood And Actually That My Body Burns So Few Calories !!! I Had Maintained A 45 Lb Weight Loss For 1 1/2 Years And Became Ill In Late Dec. {a Growth On My Balance Nerve Took My Balance Away And Took Awhile For Them To Figure Out] During That Time It Was Hard To Work Out And Very Dpressing I Gained 14 Lbs With Out Any Change In Eating. So I Have Worked Very Hard At Getting This Off And Had Been Maintaining Below 129 For Weeks And Suddenly!!! So Sorry I Regressed This Morning It Just HuRt Really Bad And I Needed Some Support!!!!!

Last edited by devadiva; 08-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #10  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You are working out 3 hours a day and eating 1400 calories? You may want to check a complete blood workup just to make sure all is okay.

I might also gently suggest that you back off a little on the exercise. You may be surprised that your weight will settle downward with less intensity.

2 pounds is really a blip in time and could be due to any number of things.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Also, have you thought of adding some good fats to your diet? I can't imagine not eating any healthy fats?
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I can imagine the frustation, but you have done so well and weight does fluctuate. How are your clothes fitting? I have a favorite pair of jeans that fit just right at my 78 pound weight loss. I fell off the wagon late may and by 6 weeks, yes I knew I gained weight but I couldn't button my pants. I'm back on track and the pants fit better. My point, measure your success and maintenance by how your clothes fit. I agree with all the other posts, hormones, salt, fluid fluctuations, thyroid, medications, and so on...can play with your weight. Hugs for your soul.
ernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #13  
Training for life!

Whatever the reason as I said with the begining of the thread I DON"T KNOW WHY I LET THE SCALE EFFECT MY MOOD SO MUCH!! I dropped back to 128 NOW for the last to day which is what I had been weighing 7 days ago and had been maintaining for about 8 days sooooo wtf!!!! I just wish I would not let it effect me I must weigh back in the days when I did not is when I got to 174. on the next one I will attach a pictue
Old 08-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #14  
Training for life!

Default This is why I need to keep track

3fc before.jpg

FRONT DAY90.jpg

This is at 174 and at 128 and I do eat good fats by the way I eat very healthy and very often. But as the tread said I just wish I didn't let it affect my moods!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadiva View Post
I dropped back to 128 NOW for the last to day which is what I had been weighing 7 days ago and had been maintaining for about 8 days sooooo wtf!!!!
I think maybe this is the problem. It's not really so unusual or mystifying. It's the kind of fluctuation many of us live with constantly. Sometimes we just don't realize it's quite normal.

You look great!

Last edited by JulieJ08; 08-26-2009 at 09:10 AM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote