Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default I’m in big trouble

I have been sitting at this weight going up and down for sometime now. Then this week I had a big disappointment I gain 6 pounds. I don’t know where it came from; I have been keep track and drinking all my water. I’m really disappointed and need help. I don’t know what to do any more and am really scared of graining more weight. I'm having some doubt that this program works. I have doing this for 7 months now and nothing has changed but now I have 6 more pounds to worry about. I hope someone can help.
Here is what I ate for July 4; maybe you can tell me where I am going wrong.
raisin bran muffins which is 4.8 but I give it 5
1 tb. blue bonnet butter which is 1 pt. So there 6pt
1 c. skim milk which is 2pt now I have 8 pt for breakfast
grilled cheese sandwich for lunch with 3 bean salad
2 slices bread which 1 pt. Now there is 9
1 fat free cheese which is 1 pt. That makes 10pt.
I sprayed it with I can’t believe it’s not butter 0 pt.
½ c. 3 bean salad which is 2 pt now we are at 12 pt for breakfast and lunch
dinner
2 hotdogs which I gave 5 points 2 pt for hotdogs and 4pt for bun which is 17 pt
salad with dressing which is 1 pt from 18 pts
snack
skinny cow which is 2 pts. For a grand total of 20 points
I think I am not eating enough today because I should be at 30-35 points. But would that make me grain? I drank my water just did not put it down.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:35 PM   #2  

Hi, bouncing kermit!

Yes - eating consistently below your point range can cause weight gain. Basically, your body says, "Woah, I'm starving here - I better start holding on to everything that gets eaten or I may be in big trouble on down the line".

This isn't a good thing.

If your range is (for instance) 26 - 31, try to be sure you've made it to 26 every single day. If you aren't comfortable eating above 26 points, don't sweat it - but don't fall far below consistently or you're asking for problems.

Best of luck to you in your weightloss journey!
Old 07-06-2002, 01:33 AM   #3  
Slimwithin

Hi, BouncingKermit. I agree with what Slutbunny said. I also have to wonder if you often eat hotdogs? They are quite high in salt which can cause fluid retention. I can easily put on 5 pounds just be eating too many things with hidden salt.
You didn't say if the 3 bean salad was home made, where you can control the amount of salt, or if it was from a deli (where everything is high salt).
Do you drink a lot of low cal sodas? They have sodium in them too.
I hope you won't give up too soon. Your body could simply be adjusting to this new program and could fluctuate like that for some time, although I agree that is quite a weight gain for one week. Try cutting back on salt, increase your low cal veggie intake and your water, and try to avoid processed cheese, meats and commercially made products. Keep it plain and simple for a while and see what happens.
LindaBC
Closed Thread