South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Happenings

Morning!

Coffee is much needed. I was pretty wiped out by the time I got home yesterday after our very hectic day, but the party was a huge success so it was worth all the running around. The girls each had one of their friends stay overnight, and today we're headed to Hershey Park for another day of fun. It's cloudy, but I think the rain is supposed to stay to the east, so hopefully we'll have a dry day there. Mmmmm, I can smell the chocolate already!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Trotting Through Tuesday

Tripping through? Trudging? Tra-la-la-ing? Help me here! It's hard to be alliterative so early in the day.

Yesterday's Fair set-up went well. The workers didn't get up too early after their late night arrival - just as well because the port-a-potties were late. It was pretty busy over at the office but things were in control.

I had the afternoon back here with the doggage and got a few things done. I even got the last sign done - the one for the schoolwork. Then I looked at it and realized the "a" was backwards. Nice printing but.... I guess I shouldn't work upside down. Looked at it this morning and it's not fixable, even with a gallon of white-out. Luckily I have another piece of artboard and will do cursive writing this time - much faster and more forgiving.

This morning is Good Food Box morning which is always exciting and I do pet therapy this afternoon. It's Disney's turn but she needs a bath so I'll take Jazz. I'm sure Bailey would be good but I can't really use her as she's not qualified. She and Disney can stay home and guard the house.

Time to get trotting through Tuesday - a field is not ploughed by turning it over in your mind!

Hope your Tuesday is just a gentle trot kind of day.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Cottage beat me by two minutes! I should not have interrupted my post to check an email!
Happy Tuesday and no chocolate at Hershey Park, OK?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Sounds like a fun and busy week I fear Hershey Park! Have a good time but not too good a time

Ruth - Wow, another packed day for you! Some mornings I'm ready to go back to bed after just reading your list Hope the second sign is quick and easy.

Debbie - Great post yesterday. I haven't had time to compose any sort of thoughtful response but want you to know how much I appreciated reading it.

Today should be a pleasant work day. Everyone except the boss will be around this morning so it will be like old times. We always have fun together - lots of silliness while still getting our work done. Then this afternoon I have a support visit near home so I'll head back here after and do a few paperworky sort of things. Looks like a washout day so might not get a walk in. I will still try if it's light rain with no lightening. Have to deal with rain if I want to walk this year!

I've been trying to get a job application completed this morning. Apparently I am eligible for partial unemployment under the ARRA. I don't really get much money but it sets my salary at the full time level so if I get a full layoff that will be important. Unfortunately because according to the DOL my status has gone from full to part time, I have to complete 2 job applications a week. Of course there are no actual jobs even in my ball park right now, but rules are rules. Perhaps I should have a bit more coffee first

How is your Tuesday shaping up?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Cottage, DQ ice cream cake AND Hersey's. I'm just not that strong. But, isn't dark chocolate like medicine?

Ruth, Good luck with your second sign!

Cyndi, With the job applications, do you have to accept a job if it's offered? I'm sure McDonalds would love to have you.

Me: My sister got her parade permit! Auston and I are flying back to Louisiana on August 7. I'm so excited! We even got relatively cheap tickets. WooHoo!!!

I got called from Auston's daycare yesterday. They said, "He has a bloody nose and you need to come talk to him." Knowing they wouldn't want to shock me over the phone, I had visions of his nose hanging off his face. But, he was really fine. He was walking real fast on his knees on the carpet, lost his balance and hit his face. There was blood everywhere! When I got there, he said, "I hit my face and the teacher said, 'Oh My Gosh!'" Bless his heart! Luckily his nose looks fine and there are no black eyes.

Hope your day is wonderful!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, Hershey Park? I would have to pray for stregnth just smelling the chocolate!! Have fun!

Ruth, sorry about your sign calamity! Those pesky A's! Sure the next one will be perfect!

Cyndi, hoping everything works out for you job wise. Things are so scary now. What happened to 30 years and a gold watch???

Chelby, let me know when the second line is and I'll pull out my handkerchief and join you from here if the neighbors don't think I'm nuts prancing around my yard!...Just a closer walk with thee!!!
I remember getting one of those "mommy" calls when Graham was a little guy. He put his teeth through his bottom lip. By the time I got him to the emergency room, he was fine and climbing up the chairs to investigate the pay phone. That boy made me nuts. Then there was the time he locked everyone outside at another day care. And the time I found out he had been sitting under a table all year long at Montesori School. Great. I could have saved the money and he could have sat under MY table all year! (apparently all he wanted to do was play with the blocks to construct stuff and they wouldn't let him, so he sulked under the table) So, he graduates from college in Construction Management...that boy always gets his way in the end!

Me: Nothing that fun going on. Headed to the gym after I hang out a load of towels that are spinning now.
Beau is cleaning out his room today (about time!) throwing away junk and will pack up a few things. He's going to wait to pack up everything till after his five weeks is up (he will come home for 2 weeks after spending 5 weeks in in NY for a "trial period).
Our dinner party last night was a success and we have lots of leftovers, so no cooking today. Trying to prep myself for the ride to and from the airport tomorrow when he leaves telling myself not to make a scene at the airport blubbering like an idiot.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-21-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All

I just have a minute this AM since I need to be dressed and nourished in 10 minutes if I'm going to to . I have a medical appt with hubbys DD at 10 and Heeling Partners board at noon. Don't think I'm going to make the nooner so I've been emailing reports all morning..plus an email to the ND with, as Paul Harvey would say, The Rest of the Story. I think DD is having a physical manifestion of serious nutritional deficiency. Too much food.

Yesterday was pretty crazy. Lexxiss and I spent the afternoon at the hospital with a person who was really down. The person had to be released to family so it was just occupying time. Lexxiss got on the bed, the patient had treats and they got along just fine.

I did stay OP amidst the unplanned craziness. See ya'll later.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cottage- I don't think I could go and not eat chocolate.

Ruth- Don't you hate that when you make one little mistake, but you have a great attitude

Cyndi- that's good that you get partial atleast every little bit helps.

Chelby- I hate those kind of scares from the schools you always think the worse.

Cat- Glad to hear your dinner party was a success last night, have a great day today.

Today busy at work as usual Tonight taking DD1 to Youth Group this time next week she will be able to drive herself. Other than that just getting everything together to leave on Friday.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cat, The parade is Saturday, August 8. Brenda is hiring the jazz band today. I have a great purple, green and gold boa. I need an umbrella.

Know I'm thinking about you and your family tomorrow...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #10  

Just back from vacation..trying to regroup.

Sad my college boy will only be home til August 1.

Ready to plan some healthy meals.

Hubby said yesterday he wants to start eating healthier.

I had been trying to shop one time /week but that is just to hard for me to
do. I think I will plan 3 meals at a time.

We need to get away from cold cut meats for sandwiches so I may
do a turkey breast.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, girls! I stayed up too late last night which meant a late start this morning. I got in around 9 and am just now starting to wake up.

Cottage: I'm sure you and the girls are off to Hershey park already and I am a bit jealous, but glad I'm not there at the same time! Too, too much temptation!

Ruth: I'm glad the fair set-up has been going smoothly. It'll all be over after this weekend so that you can relax, right? Have a wonderful day!

Cyndi: I love silly days at work. Lately it's just been so gosh-darn boring. I guess the tedious paperwork that comes after hearings has a mood-dampening effect. I hope you have a great day and get to get your walk in!

Chelby: Yay about the parade permit going through! You'll have to post some pics. I'm glad Auston is okay!

Cat: I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Lexxiss: How wonderful that you and Lexxiss were there for that person. I'm sure their spirits were immensely lifted!! Hope DH's DD's appt. goes well!

Pearl: What in the world are you going to do next week when there's no driving DD around? My parents had quite a long period of adjustment once their "taxi" services were no longer required.

Nancy: Hi, I'm not sure if we've "met" yet because my posting is so sporadic, but it's nice to "meet" you! I'm glad your hubby wants to eat healthier with you. I've lost more weight since my hubby's made that decision than ever before. Having that support and being able to just make ONE meal instead of one for me and one for him is immeasurably wonderful!!

Me: Woke up late, got to work late, getting started on EVERYTHING late! Oh well, at least we don't have a huge amount going on right now and I can take my time getting started.

Last night was extremely productive; rooms and rugs vacuumed, all the trash in the house dumped and trash cans cleaned, 3 loads of laundry washed and put away, I re-strung a beaded necklace for a coworker and finished a package for a craftster swap I'm in. All that after my workout and dinner! I was done at a reasonable hour, but couldn't sleep for some reason.

Tonight I'll be keeping the "clean a little every night" thing going by sweeping and mopping the house. Other than that, it's just the usual workout, dinner and a load of laundry. DH requested my grandma's stir fry for dinner, so that's what's on the menu. It's super-fast and easy, but sure does require a lot of dishes! That's what DH-the-dishwasher is for! After dinner, I'm planning on getting back into my SBD book. I need to brush up on the fundamentals again and get back to eating well all the time!

Okay, enough rambling on, time to get some work done!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 07-21-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning...its really pouring here. Regardless, I went out and ran almost a mile. I haven't run in years and have been doing a little at a time. Granted, its not the 10 minute mile I used to do but I'll take it!

CindiM - I too am job hunting. I lost my job due to budget issues. Resumes all over the place.

Hershey Park mmmmm chocolate - its also a fun park! I am green with envy!

Ciao - got to run......sorry!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #13  

I finally reached Brian yesterday and he's been having a good time. He even got to look for gems in a diamond mine in Arkansas (found only other gems but had a good time). It sounds like he's had fun and they're heading back toward Dallas now.

I had another good workout at the gym last night and I have my workout stuff in the car so I might stop on the way home today and check out one of the locations near work.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Well, my life just shifted around as my building permit came through! I still may need to replace the septic system but the contractor was here with the schedule at 9 this morning. He and his merry men have already cut down my hydrangea hedge and some bushes and moved the generator into the barn to get ready. The excavation equipment arrives at 7 Monday morning so I'll be darned busy until then moving perennials out of the front bed. Somehow I need to work Delta Fair in there too! Oy!

It's going to be a busy few weeks but I'm glad to get it started. A new quilting studio by September!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #15  

Good morning everyone! Today I'm crossing back over to Phase 2. I haven't had breakfast yet but I'm going to slowly enjoy my strawberries.

I didn't sleep much last night. I couldn't sleep due to the extreme heat, good TV and my fingers tapping on the keyboard. Dropped my daughter off at summer school and did my daily weigh-in.

Not too much going on today. Pretty much more of the same. It's supposed to be another scorcher today so I'll do my best to stay as cool as I can.

May you all have a Tantalizing Tuesday!
Closed Thread