Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Red Rockets - Week 8 Chat

I was just on our other thread and couldn't figure out why it was "closed". Well duh.... it's a new week.

Week 7 was not good for me so I will be taking my last "freebie". I know it's from surgery but there is no way that I am going to bring the team down with my 6 lb. gain; although it should guarantee me Biggest Loser title for week eight..... lol

I feel really good (without meds) and finding it difficult to take it easy; however, I have committed to no exercise until Thursday. I've been "putzing" around the house but there really isn't much for me to do as Mack took care of all the cooking and cleaning, including the laundry.

Well hope you all have a GREAT week.

Ranger you have done awesome. I'm sure your body is just rearranging things. Do you take measurement?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Team.

I'm going to have to withdraw from the challenge. I've just got too many things going on right now. I had to move unexpectedly over the weekend, and now I don't have a scale, plus I'll be out of the country for the next two weighins, and I've already used up both of my freebies. Until everything settles down I'm just going to try for maintenance to give myself a little less to stress about. I'll still hang around in the chats (if that is okay), but I won't be participating in the weighins. I hope the Red Team continues to rock this challenge!

Have a great Monday!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Another one pound loss for me. I am happy with any loss. I was just hoping for more. I have been eating ok and getting in some exercise so my goal this week is to eat exactly on plan and try to exercise 5 times a week until I reach my goal. Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I too have lost a pound which I attribute to hiking on the weekend, 'cause I know my eating wasn't completely OP since we were camping.

Cat so glad to hear you're feeling so well. Don't overdo it though let Mack take care of you

montecristo seems like you've got a lot to handle. Hope it calms down soon for you.

Mommyofsix keep up the great work! Looks like you'll hit your next mini goal before you know it!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #5  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I am having my post TOM whoosh. YAY!!! I posted a nice loss today. What's even more exciting is that I can brag (for a minute) that I have now lost 70 pounds. That is rockin my world today. I know it will go up during my mid-cycle gain, but I am enjoying it while it lasts.

Keep up the hard work team.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #6  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Ranger you have done awesome. I'm sure your body is just rearranging things. Do you take measurement?
No, I really should. It's just a little frustrating when the end is in sight. Also, I've seem to have injured myself. I went to the gym tonight and my knees have been bothering me, but I wasn't even able to use the bike tonight they bothered me so much. Did do 40 minutes on the treadmill though.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

One of the basics I am working on this week is getting my water in. What is your formula for water intake? How important do you feel water is to weight loss? I don't remember where or exactly what the formula was but for me it was that I should drink about 100 ozs. That is five of my bottles so it was easy to tick off as I pulled another from the fridge. Yesterday I started counting again.

MC - sorry you will have to drop from the challenge. I really hope that you will continue to share with us here. You have been one of our most active posters.

mof6 - you are so close to onederland, you are doing the right.... slow and steady.

C-Mel - Camping???? Did I miss you telling us about it? I would love to here about your trip. I love to camp but haven't been in years.

mtiger - AWESOME loss this week!!!

Ranger - You might want to check out the "feather weight" threads, I'm sure this is something they deal will all the time. You have come so far, enjoy the "new" you and try not to be so focused on the number on the scale. Not good about the knees, hope they are better soon.

OK--- WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE???
Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

mtiger - Congrats on 70lbs lost!! I sure you are busting with pride over what you've accomplished!

Mommyof6 - You are so close to your next mini goal. I bet you get there early!

CanadaMel - Another loss! Everyone is doing so well this week.

Shannon - I hope you heal up quickly. Be careful you don't overdue it.

CruiseCat - I've heard that you should take your weight in pounds, divide it in half, and drink that many ounces of water. So you would drink about 70oz. Then I think you are suppose to add another 16-20oz per hour of exercise, or something like that. Drinking water is a HUGE part of my weightloss. If I don't drink the water, I don't lose. Period.

Things are so crazy right now. I haven't gotten on a scale since June! The house that I moved into isn't really ready to live in (needs cleaning, painting, patching sheetrock, etc) and though it wouldn't take me that long to fix it, I'm leaving for Scotland Friday, so I have to finish getting ready for that, and just let the house go until I get back. At least I have my bed set up! I'm hoping that the combination of strange food and hiking over 70 miles while in Scotland will get me back on the weighloss track. Wouldn't it be great to come back from a fabulous vacation and find that you lost weight??

Have a great day!!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-14-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I googled how much water should I drink and I went to ask.com and it asked a series of questions about weight,exercise climate and this is the results for me:
118.5 ounces of water today, or 3.6 liters.
If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you can drink 94.8 ounces of water today, or 2.8 liters.
I'm sorry, but our Hydration Calculator requires that you have javascript turned on in your browser.
Remember that water is the best source for your daily fluid needs. Other good beverages include milk, herbal teas, low-sodium broth, 100% fruit and vegetable juices. Soft drinks will also count toward your daily total of fluid, just remember that sugar sweetened soft drinks and fruit juices add extra calories to you daily diet that you don't need.

CAT- I am glad you are feeling better. IT has been a year since my galbladder surgery and I am doing great. Since I have lost weight my belly button scar is more prominent now but other than that not much has changed.

Mindy- great job on your weight loss you are an inspiration

Ranger- Everything I have read about weight loss talks about how hard the last few pounds are to loose. Good luck- you have done so well

Canadamel- good job on your 1 pound loss and while on vacation that is great, where did you camp at? My parents just got back from CAnada and they loved it..

Montecristo- Scotland is wonderful, I visited there for 2 weeks (when I lived in Europe years ago) the food is something to get use to but just like everywhere else, they have McDonalds, Pizza Hut ect. So american food can be found. Just be aware Alcohol has a huge prescence there and they are really big on beer and flaming shots everywhere!! It is beautiful country though, just take a lot of tylenol, the accent, noise and odors are still clear in my mind 13 years later. My family is from Scotland so it was wonderful to imagine them living there hundereds of years ago. I was even able to find a cemetery where a Great-Great-Great-Great Uncle was buried he was a Knight or something like that so it was the only one anyone in my family knew about.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #10  

I can hardly believe how fast this summer is flying by! People are finally starting to notice my weight loss and comment on it and that feels so good to me

Cat, I'm glad the surgery went well and you are doing good. Delaying your return to exercise until Thursday allows all of your energy to be directed toward healing and that seems like a really good approach.

Mtiger - congrats on the 70 lbs lost so far and awesome job this week too!

Everyone - keep up the good work, you are ALL winners in my book (I momentarily debated saying you were all the biggest losers...lol...that sure doesn't come out right, does it?! But you know what I mean...y'all are GREAT!)

Water.....EXTREMELY important! When I don't drink enough water I tend to hold onto the extra pounds. So the first thing I do when I'm stalling or the scales are inching in the wrong direction is to increase my water consumption.

Hope everyone's having a GREAT week! I'm still having trouble getting any organized exercise in, but I did vacuum for a good 30-40 minutes last night and I figure any physical activity is better than no physical activity...right? (Humor me here, ok? lol)
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

So I just calculated that I should drink 88oz of water- gulp!
I do drink a lot of hot tea (earl grey with vanilla flavor) as we've had a cool summer (today it's overcast & rainy & only 50F) but I know plain water is the best- I'll have to try measuring my water, but it seems daunting as my containers are all 64 oz.

I got my first run for July in this morning. Vacations/summer schedules have given me 'excuses' to not run- but I put those aside 'cause I want to see that scale move again

Cat- we went camping in the northern part of Banff National Park. I was amazed that the campsite was practically empty. We then hiked Parker Ridge & visited the Columbia Icefield & hiked to the toe of the glacier. The kids (9,7 & 4) did a great job hiking & dh & i enjoyed not having to carry them on our backs! We spent 2 nights there & really enjoyed ourselves. The first week of July we were in Northern MT visiting friends who have a cabin on Swan Lake (near Flathead lake). We had fun tubing & I tried waterskiing for the first time as well! (not very successful though- but had fun trying)` I'll try to post some pics or at least a link to them- once I get them off the camera.

mtiger- congrats on 70lbs gone!! & on being this week's biggest loser!

Montecristo- the trip to Scotland sounds wonderful. Enjoy & I hope you'll share some pictures with us.

Ranger- hope your knees are just sore and just need a rest day.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #12  
Believe it, be it

Thanks guys. While I am pretty concerned with getting rid of the last 6lbs, I'm more concerned right now with my knee problem (mostly the right since it's the worst). I hope taking it easier this week on the workouts helps.

Congrats to all of our losers! Keep up the good work, and I know it is hard, but satisfying work.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #13  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,
I'd love to participate more in the chatting, but you know those people who always find a way of putting themselves last...?
I took a freebie this week and I am so frustrated at my weight. I have been eating SO well <too well?> that I think my body might be in starvation shock. maybe i should up my calorie intake, i don't know. Can;t justify it though, being so sedentary. I SOOO want to exercise and wish my poor excuse for a body would cooperate!!! Life's so complicated.

WTG to all you big losers! Doing so well!

cruisecat - pardon my laziness for not going back and reading an earlier thread0but what surgewry dod you have done? At any rate-glad to hear you;re doing okay.

Monte- Scotland! Good on ya girl! with you being so close to goal I imagine you actually would come back minus a few pounds

Amy - 1 pound loss is a loss! And I'm also a mommy of 6

Canada- hiking! Good for you! How's the summer weather in Canada?here in Israel it's scorching, although today it dropped a blessed few degrees.

Mindy - 70 lbs!!! Congrats to you! that's grreat!!

Shannon - you are so close to goal! We;re the same height i wouldn't mind being 131 lbs now, LOL

Suzanne - ain't it great to have people notice? People are still asking me when I'm due, and I tell them the baby is almost 5 years old already :P

Enjoy your Tuesday! I'm heading for bed in preparation for Wednesday already....
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Thanks for all the recognition girls. It has been a long road. I lose pretty slowly, but I've learned my body and know what to expect, pretty much. I never quit and I very rarely go off plan. I workout almost everyday of my life. It just part of the daily schedule. I currently have worked out 17 days straight. (you can check out the exercise thread). I am a girl on a mission and will not be detered.

Keep up all the hard work everyone. It pays off.....eventually.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam101 View Post
Shannon - you are so close to goal! We;re the same height i wouldn't mind being 131 lbs now, LOL
Thanks, it does feel good to be at this weight after being over 200lbs this time last year, but it's also frustrating when things slow down and don't want to come off. I know the last pounds will come off, and need to be a little patient. Ha.