Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default I hurt myself...

Ugh, I don't know how I did it but I managed to hurt both legs by walking! On one leg my achilles (spelling) is killing me when I walk and on the other foot I managed to do something to my big toe so it throbs and I might lose the toenail. And again, all I've done is walk! I have no idea what to do for exercise now!

What can I do that doesn't require me to walk because I literally can't take the pain (going in to see a doctor next week but can't get an appointment sooner). Any suggestions for cardio that doesn't require me to swim (no pool) or put weight on my feet? I'm getting desperate because I have a goal to reach by August and this is NOT helping me reach it!
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #2  

Height: 4'11"

You can do a lot of upper body strength training while sitting, or ab work....if you do it quickly and keep up your heart rate, that can substitute for your cardio as well! Also try cycling on a recumbent bike.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You've already lost 36 pounds that's amazing. and if your goal is 26 lbs by august 1st I don't think you can do that... no offense.

Honestly I'd take a break if I were you- you don't want to make it worse.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Boxing can be good cardio too! I am assuming you can stand, so just put your feet a little more than hip width apart and start boxing it out. You don't have to move your feet, so you should be able to stay in that position for a decent amount of time. I also second the bike idea.

Congrats on your losses so far! You're doing great!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

The Achilles is a rough one to shake. I injured mine and still have problems. Make sure you wear tennis shoes. The support will help with that injury, or it did for me!

Perhaps try biking? I wouldn't say you can't make your goal at all. But your definitely at a disadvantage by being injured.

I can see why you would like to keep doing something. Most exercise involves your feet so I can see why it's so troubling!

Good Luck, I hope you get better sooner than later!!
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #6  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Do you belong to a gym? There are a couple of machines you can use that don't involve your lower limbs, but I forget what they are called. One is like an arm bike, and the other is called an aerobic roller or something like that where you pedal with one or both of your arms and one or both of your legs...ask at your gym they will have some good suggestions.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Unfortunately I quit the gym when summer hit figuring it'd be nice out and I could just walk. And now to rejoin I'd have to pay through the nose...not the smartest move I've made. I have a mini-goal to reach 149 by August first...so no I'm not trying to lose 20+ lbs in like 20 days-that WOULD be crazy! haha, no I'm trying to be realistic about it.

I tried the boxing thing because I do have a Wii and get really into it...I managed to work up a sweat. So maybe I'll just stick to that and my pilates tapes...hopefully I'll get better sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help ladies!
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote