Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Really craving carbs...

...specifically pizza or breadsticks with marinara sauce. All because of a ten second commercial for Pizza Hut!!

I am taking Total Woman, Guggul, Corti-Trim, and more--all that help decrease these cravings. I became overweight because I basically ate an all carb, little protein diet so I'm afraid my inner carb demon needs some exorcising.

This has been going on for a week. Should I give in to the devil and find a great tasting pizza or hope this urge goes away ?

And how do we know if the Fat and Carb blocker works? It's one of the few MRC extras I haven't purchased but I don't want it to be a license for me to get off plan.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Well first, lets think about this...you didnt lose 29 pounds by going off the plan, right? If you do, wow - kudos to you, lol. Anyway, I think it all depends on how much self control you have. Now, I would not go out and buy a whole pizza if I was craving what you were craving because in all honesty, I would eat the whole pie! Seriously, even if I felt stuffed, my mind would say "this is your one indulgence, you might as well get it out of your system", which is not the right way to think. So, if you absolutely must, to avoid a self distruction of an all night carb binge, go and get a snack size portion of pizza hut bread sticks or a slice of pizza from your local pizzeria. Then...exercise your *** off! lol. I would also have the pizza or breadsticks early in the day, like for lunch (if you absolutely MUST have them), that way you can burn them off at the gym later. The bottom line is...is it really worth it?

Good luck! We all have those moments but for every Burger King, Pizza Hut or Sonic commercial I saw, I would be the size of the good new year blimp if I went with my cravings.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #3  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

Are you taking the Guggal on an empty stomach? My center recommends taking 2 each at 10 am and 2 pm. It seems to work for me. I can have a carb sitting in front of my face and have no desire to eat it.
silverbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #4  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I, too, have had cravings for bread and sweets, but am not taking anything specifically for it, except the ADWL (which I am planning on stopping after I run out this week). But I haven't given in and don't plan on it. I had even planned on going to the county fair this week and havign all the fair foods, but I'm just not going to do that to myself. I can wait until next year!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #5  

Yes, I take the Guggul before breakfast and dinner with my mini-MRC pharmacy ingestion.

I wasn't going to include this information, but my dog brought me a dead chicken when we were out for a walk the other day. So I'm rather put off chicken and dog walks until I get this image out of my mind.

Cheese and replacement bars have been fortifying me for the past couple of days. Maybe they're triggering my carb demons, lol.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223.5/215/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
...specifically pizza or breadsticks with marinara sauce. All because of a ten second commercial for Pizza Hut!!

I am taking Total Woman, Guggul, Corti-Trim, and more--all that help decrease these cravings. I became overweight because I basically ate an all carb, little protein diet so I'm afraid my inner carb demon needs some exorcising.

This has been going on for a week. Should I give in to the devil and find a great tasting pizza or hope this urge goes away ?

And how do we know if the Fat and Carb blocker works? It's one of the few MRC extras I haven't purchased but I don't want it to be a license for me to get off plan.
Don't do it! And I'm speaking from experience! I was so frustrated w/ this plateau that I'm on that I ate one of my kids chocolate chip cookies last night...OK TWO chocolate chip cookies!!!! Not only do I still feel guilty but I feel sick!! Hopefully next time I feel frustrated and want to give in I will remember how bad I feel right now!
Suz175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #7  

I've actually been in this same situation before and regretted eating pizza. The cravings have never stayed with me this long though.

I'm going to the library in a little while. Maybe all this will disappear soon once I get out of the house.

Noahsmama, tomorrow is my husband's family day at the fair. I'm not really one for sweets but I could eat my weight in cotton candy. I'll be staying home too or I'll be buying soft pretzels.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Yes, I take the Guggul before breakfast and dinner with my mini-MRC pharmacy ingestion.

I wasn't going to include this information, but my dog brought me a dead chicken when we were out for a walk the other day. So I'm rather put off chicken and dog walks until I get this image out of my mind.

Cheese and replacement bars have been fortifying me for the past couple of days. Maybe they're triggering my carb demons, lol.
Here's a thought for you little edie--maybe that chicken was eating a PH breadstick and dipping it in marinara sauce when he died!

Sorry I got nothing because my biggest demon is spaghetti sauce and some kind of cheese toast/cresent roll/breadstick that I guess my boys make at least once a week. I just have to stay out of the kitchen when they make it, can't even go in to wash the dishes. I need to video myself looking at it, because I am sure I am practically drooling.

Karen posted something a week or so ago about the exercise where her counselor had her list all the things she felt deprived of while on MRC on one side and what really mattered on the other side. She commented that it was food items she felt deprived of, but it was her life on the other side, the side that really matters.

Hang tough!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #9  

LOL, msim.

I wish I could train my dogs to bring me pizza instead of dead livestock. Last week one of them caught a low flying bird and brought it in the house. I think they're trying to feed me.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #10  

Thank you everyone.