Old 07-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #1  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Default When is a plateau really a plateau??

How long do you consider no change in weight a plateau?? It's been 2 months since I started My new lifestyle change and i've lost 19lbs so far... The last week and maybe a bit no change at all! It's frustrating... (patience isn't one of my strong suits)

I'm exercising almost daily, eating well (no crap).

So if I want to give my metabolism a "kickstart", should I:

1. Zig Zag my calories
2. Switch up my exercises
3. Do 1 & 2!
4. Nothing, just keep on doing what you're doing, slow & steady wins the race!!

Thanks for any comments/suggestions!!!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I lost nothing the entire month of June and did all of the above. If it's only been a week I would wait at least one more week to make sure it wasn't a fluke on weigh in day. Then try to either up the calories and exercise (I know it sounds nuts but that's what finally worked for me), wait a week or so and see how that works, if it still doesn't move try lowering the calories a bit. Just don't give up.

I didn't lose any weight on the scale but I did lose inches as I found out Friday. I had to go buy some summer clothes and I fit easily into a size 12 finally! I tried on 12's just 2 weeks ago and they didn't fit but now all of sudden they fit fine and I'm on TOM so that's even better.

Good luck to you and just don't give up. Oh, 1 more thing to try take like 2 days off with nothing but a light walk 30 - 60 minutes only and eat a little higher calories. I went to Ky for a class reunion and got not a lot of exercise while there came home, started right back exercising and that's when I finally started losing sooooooooooooo????
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/135/152

Height: 5'4"

Moralia: At your height, your current weight of 146 is really right in the zone of healthy weight -- so you're going to have to fight awfully hard to get the rest of it off. I know you don't want to hear that, but it's true.

I'm a WW Leader (for 10+ years) and I've seen this sort of thing a million times. The top end of the range of a healthy weight at 5'8" is 164 lbs, with the low end being 132 lbs. AT 164, the BMI is 24.9 (and normal); at 146, it's 22; and at 130, it's 20 (very low, but also normal.)

So, if you're planning that much more weight loss, you have a lot more exercise to do, and will that be sustainable? Will you be able to maintain a cutback of additional calories for any length of time and still have a quality of life that you will enjoy?

Congrats on your weight loss. YOu've done great. Perhaps... reassess how much more you want/need to lose and see how to best deal with it.

Take care.
leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies...

Melwolfe, I was afraid of that! lol!! I'll do as you suggested with a couple days off with nice, long walks.. I would settle for 135lbs and toned. But am not happy where i'm at now.. I guess i'll have to deal with the last 10 not coming off nearly as fast as the first 10 did.. lol!! And no way i'm giving up!!! I've came too far to quit now!!

Maybe i'll focus on strength training this month and take my measurements.. see if that makes a difference.. wonder if I could stay off the scale this month.. maybe just a mid-month weigh in!? I don't know that i'm that strong! hahaha!!!

Leader, I was able to keep my weight right about 130-134 after my 3rd child.. without doing anything "special"... just normal eating/activity, so I really would like to get back to that.. kwim? I know i'm in a "healthy zone" for my height, but I still have "jiggly bits" that I want banished..

Last edited by Moralia; 07-05-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding in more jabbering... ;)
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/239/155

Height: 5'7"

Default you have to do something different.

you'll have to switch up your eating habits.i'm not sure how but if you google hit a plateau in weight lose or something like that i'm sure you can find a jump start weight lose plan to do for a week to kick start the weight lose again.good luck!
wanttobethinandtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

A week is nothing be patient, just keep doing what you are doing!! You should be proud of yourself for doing something so good for your body! The only good news I can tell you is that after I got over my plateau i started losing again like in did when i started my weightloss journey and it is so rewarding to see that agian!!!!
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #7  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Maybe you should concentrate on toning up at this point rather than just losing?
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
Maybe you should concentrate on toning up at this point rather than just losing?
Thanks!! I am working on that also, going to bump it up this month, but really want the jiggly bits to be gone so I can be "smooth" and toned.. lol! I just feel better being nice and lean..