Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Exercise

I just joined the gym June 1st and have come a looooong way. I started out with 15 minutes on the treadmill and about 20 minutes on the bicycle. With that said I'm wondering if I should be doing more? I go to the gym at least 3 days a week and do 30-35 minutes on the treadmill and 30-35 minutes on the bicycle. At first I could really feel it in my legs but now I don't. I sweat like a hog but should I up my time? I'm exhausted at the end of my work out but like I said, I don't feel it in my legs nearly as much as I did.

What exercises do you do? Length of time? Should I do more? Add more time?
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

If you're exhausted at the end of your workout, that means you are training very hard.

I don't have any leg soreness from running as I used to when I was new to the sport. Even after a half marathon my legs don't ache, but I *know* it was a killer workout. I think your muscles have adapted to the movement, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to continue to challenge your leg strength you could add weight lifting to your routine.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #3  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm new to this so I have no idea what kind of weight training to do. I look at the men working out at the gym and it just seems so hard lol I asked my husband last week if he would show me how to weight train, I'm thinking maybe this weekend we'll work on it
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #4  
Busy Momma

S/C/G: 198/191/135

Height: 5' 9"

Weight trainning would be great to add in at this point in you workout.

Try free weights, they are a little harder to get use to, but are way better than traditional weight machines, they will really help to strenghen your core.

Don't go over board, I would add two days a week specifcally for weight trainning, one day for upper body and one day for lower. Work on you abs both days. Don't have these days back to back!! Your body will need a little time to recover.

Squats, lunges and leg lifts are great to start with. You can always add dumbells to increase resistance.

As for your upper body I would try regular old dumbell curls, tricep extentions (google this one it's hard to explain with out a picture, but great for that little under arm jiggle!). Planks are great for your arms and shoulder and work your abs at the same time.

There are tons of ab workouts than you can find on the internet. I find that anything that you can to on a stabillity ball is great.

I hope that this helps. Good Luck and enjoy!!
Shouka is offline   Reply With Quote