Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 04:33 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #126

I'm feeling better this morning. They gave us sooooo much to read on diabetes we don't know where to start. The Dr. gave Pete a note that he will be in her care for 1 month so he took 4 weeks emergency vacation. What a vacation huh He can't take short term disability because he would have to wait a month for a check & we can't afford that right now so that's why he took vac. It will give him time to recuperate. I'll be off for 2 weeks starting July 8th. His sugar was 311 as of yesterday evening. Our Dr. said there was a possibility he would be discharged today but I doubt it. If his sugar is still that high today I don't think she'll send him home. I'll find out a little later. I usually call him around 6:30 a.m. Everyone has been so nice at Brookhaven Hospital. I heard so many horror stories about that hospital & I must say Pete has had great care, from the nurses aides to the nurses, Drs., dietician even the cleaning lady! So thumbs up to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital in Suffolk County. I have to go to work today for at least 1/2 day. If he's not released today I'll work till 3:00.

Have to get ready. Have a great day Don't forget to drink your water.

Love, Es

PS I learned a lesson from all this. Sweets are a

Last edited by EsRios426; 06-26-2002 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #2  

Es,
I am so glad that you are feeling better. I hope Pete gets to come home soon. I had one experience at Brookhaven Hospital, it was in the ER after a car accident on Nichols Road. My experience was that once I got in for treatment they were fine, but the people in the ER check-in/waiting area were very rude. GIve Pete our love, even though he has no idea who we are, we are praying for him!

HI everyone,
Well it's Wed and that means WI. For the third week in a row no change. I don't feel so bad about it this week though, because I actually thought I was going to gain. I also have another retirement part to go to today. There are so many people retiring around here I am wondering who besides me is going to be left to turn off the lights

Hope everyone has a good hump day
JanieD
Old 06-26-2002, 01:57 PM   #3  

Hey Es - Glad you are feeling better today. I'm sure the more you learn about the diabetes the better it will be for both you and Pete. I hope he comes home soon. Love to both of you!

Janie - Good for you - maintaining is a good thing!

Don't have much time - busy, busy today. Hi to all my good buddies - hope you're all doing good.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 06-26-2002, 03:04 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I am in agreement with Janie and Dianne.....glad to hear that Pete's a bit better and hope you're home together soon. Hospital stays can be unsettling, no matter which facility it is; when it's a positive experience it's a relief.

Janie,
Way to go on the maintain, which, as Terri always said, is not easy to do!

Dianne,
Good to hear from you hope all is well.

HI to everyone!

~Jen
Old 06-27-2002, 05:00 AM   #5  

Talking

A quick hello

I'm getting ready for work. Pete's home!! He's doing well. Everything seems a little confusing right now(food) but it'll get easier. He wanted me to stay home today but I have to go to work. I'll probably call him 50 times

Have a great day

Love you's
Es
Old 06-27-2002, 05:40 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
So happy to hear that Pete is back home! The food changes will take some getting used to, but I'm confident that you and he will adapt successfully and make it work for him. Will he have to have insulin injections or control it with medication?

Today is Matthew's 2nd birthday. He's growing up soooo quickly, not a baby anymore! We're having a mini party here on Sunday to celebrate.

later,
~Jen
Old 06-27-2002, 10:42 AM   #7  

Es - How great that Pete's home. You must be so relieved. You probably WILL call him at least 50 times today. Well at least you have the next 3 days with him before having to go back to work. Give him a welcome home hug from me (not trying to be fresh or anything, LOL!!!).

Jen - Happy Birthday to Matthew - wow, I remember in one of your posts when you mentioned that he was 4 months old! How quickly the time goes. Enjoy him and his birthday party!

Hi Zoe Girl, Janie, Myra, Ruth, Terri, Mel, Sandy, etc. (sorry if I missed anyone!) Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 06-27-2002, 12:31 PM   #8  

Es,
Thank goodness Pete is home I know you will get the hang of the food. If you could get the hang of WW, there is a lot of overlap.

Jen,
to Matthew. 2 is such a fun age. They really start to show their personalities at that age.

Dianne,
It was good to hear from you. How are you doing girl? I have been thinking about you a lot lately.

everybody,
I like Thursdays because it is girl's night out with Ellen. Hope you all have a nice Thur too.

Terri and Myra come back

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 06-27-2002, 03:26 PM   #9  

Essie,
I haven't had time to check the posts but I read where Pete was in the hospital. I am so sorry. I hope and pray he is better.
Diabetes? Were you sick too? Please get better.
I haven't had a chance to get on-line since we left on the thirteenth.
Colorado Springs is beautiful. The fires are in no way impacting Col. Springs. Phew. The big one is supposed to be contained fully by tomorrow. Fingers are crossed. These poor people. I saw so many pictures in the paper. We have been running around a lot. We went to the top of Pikes Peak (14,110 ft.
up), The Garden of the Gods, The Air Force Academy and the beautiful
chapel, 7 Falls and we are seeing the Olympic Training Center
today. There is so much to see and do. I am glad we have 6 weeks.
We might take a few weekend trips to see the Grand Canyon and such.
The Rocky Mountains are beautiful. We can see them from our balcony.
They are breathtaking. The kids will never forget this. I know I
won't. We went by the St. Louis Arch and will stop for pictures on
the way back. That was awesome.
How is everyone there? I am going to read some posts later. Miss
you.
Terri

Message 18766 of 18766 | Previous | Next [ Up Thread ] Message Index Msg #

Reply | Forward | View Source | Unwrap Lines | Delete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-28-2002, 01:54 AM   #10  

ESSIE, glad to hear that Pete is home. I'm still praying for you guys.

TERRI, glad to finally hear from you. Colorado sounds wonderful (except for the fires), glad to hear that the fires aren't near you guys.

Well, I've got to run. It is 1 am and I have a 9:00 class tomorrow. It's my last English class for the summer, I had to write an essay and catch up on some reading which requires my writing summaries for each one. Anyway, I'm finally done.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Ruth
Old 06-29-2002, 01:49 AM   #11  

Thanks Ruth. Good luck on your essay. You are such a sweetie.

Essie,
I was reading a little yesterday and I saw how Pete lost all that weight and how stressful everything was. I am so sorry. I am so glad they found out what was wrong. My dad found out he had diabetes in his late fifties. He did very well with the food. We weren't sure if he would. Please keep us informed. Here is a big
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

Hi everybody!!!!
Terri
Old 06-29-2002, 09:11 AM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone

I just have a moment to post....this is going to be a very busy day for me. I can see from all the posts that you've all been busy here. I hadn't written because I didn't receive any emails telling me that there were any new posts....DUH!!! a new thread. Ok Patti and Zoe, get your heads on straight...

Es ~ I am so, so, SO glad that Pete is home and feeling better. Take care of that man, k? (I know you will)

terri ~ Hey girl, so nice to finally hear from you. You view sounds so wonderful and I can imagine that you're just too busy to be online all the time. Have a wonderful 6 weeks and post when you can. Be safe.

Hi Jen, Dianne, Ruth, Janie and Sandy.....talk to you's guys tomorrow.

Patti and Zoe <><
Old 07-01-2002, 10:06 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

We're in a heat wave here in the midwest, with temps being forecasted for the 90's all week. Yesterday was extremely muggy, we had a full house/pool.

The good thing about the extreme heat is that I don't have much of an appetite. It's so refreshing to drink lots of water and eat lightly, salads, etc. Hopefully that'll show up on the scale!

I've been exercising half-a**ed, on a very irregular basis. Actually I've been very busy doing gardening and yard work, so at least I'm staying active.

Does everyone have plans for the 4th? We're still undecided, I have the feeling Joe would be happier staying at home rather than fighting crowds to see fireworks. I'm beginning to feel the same. We'll see.

take care,
~Jen
Old 07-01-2002, 02:29 PM   #14  

Hi gals,
I haven't posted because I have been kind of depressed and consequenty not staying OP. ANyway, I found out Friday that a different job I applied for, I probably won't even get offered an interview. Then Sat I found out that the other job I had told you about was offered to the other guy. So anyway, I'm thinking if I can't even get a job when the department head is a good friend and batting for me, how am I going to find one for real. I went and talked to a career counselor this morning. It helped a little, but I am still feeling very useless. Poor Steve. He has to live with me when I am like this. When I can't find anything but fault with myself, I tend to project that on him too. I make such a mountain out of every little mole hill. Sorry to be such a drag.

Thanks for listening,
JanieD
Old 07-01-2002, 03:00 PM   #15  

Hey girls:

Janie, first and foremost - You are not useless!! You are an intelligent woman and don't you forget it. You are going though a rough patch right now, but hang in there. Things happen for a reason - maybe something better is in store for you. And you are not a drag - I think we have all had our problems, big and small and I myself feel good knowing that I can come here and unload if necessary. So, please don't feel bad about doing that yourself. And from how you've described Steve in the past, I'm sure he's understanding what you're going through right now and will be supportive. Hang in there girl - do something good for yourself today - you'll feel better.

Hey Jen - Are you taking advantage of that pool girl? And can I come over? lol. Its hot as H--l here in NY too. As for the 4th of July, we usually go upstate, but this year we were invited to my step-daughter's Lisa's house for a barbecue and she has a pool too, so that should be cool. Plus she had that little "Strawberry Irish Puffy Jade" person and the other kids to lure us there, lol.

Es - how are you sweetie? And how is Pete? I hope everything is going okay with you guys. Hugs to both of you, amiga!

Hey Terri - I read your post about all the things you guys are doing in Colorado - sounds wonderful!
Enjoy your time there, I'm sure the kids will never forget this experience.

Hey Zoe Girl - what's up? How's patty? LOLOLOL

Hi Ruth - how's school? How did you do on your English paper?

Hi Sandy, Myra and anyone else I missed - hope you guys are all okay.

I have two more days of work and then on vacation until July 15. I only took a week now, because in September Willie and I are taking our first cruise and we'll take 2 weeks then so we can stop by my Son Steven's house in Florida on the way back. I can't wait for the cruise and to see Steven and his family. Alana is there now, but coming home on Friday. I sure did miss her!

Well, have a great day everyone, talk to you's later.

Hugs,
Dianne
Closed Thread