Old 06-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #1  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Default Induction

My boyfriend and I are almost a full 2 weeks into the induction. He really didn't need to start there but did it to help me. He is going to move on to phase 2 whilst I am going to stay in the induction period a little longer. My question is, how long can one stay in this period?

Thanks in advance.
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Dr. Atkins advised that if you have a lot of weight to lose & you aren't bored with your food choices on Induction....it can be done for 6 months or more.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

DaDuck and welcome !!!

Congrats on choosing Atkins
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I've been on induction for 10 months and 10 days with no ill effects.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

I basically eat Induction level carbs...not necessarily Induction foods...but, Induction level carbs. I recently celebrated 5 years on Atkins in April
Old 06-27-2009, 05:25 AM   #6  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

I like the idea of staying with the carbs for induction but moving on to different foods. I miss strawberries especially right now, it is strawberry time in Sweden and passing by all the booths with fresh strawberries is torture.

6kgs down in ~2 weeks. That trend would be nice to continue so I get my trip back home for Xmas lol
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #7  
touchmytoes

hi im considering doing this although already I dont allow alot of carbs in my diet but i dont count them so they probably mount up.
the main reason is for a holiday, however I want to get back to my good old days of being about 9 ish stone.
one thing however, i like to have a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend, is this do able? and also (although i should give up the wine!!) we are trying for a baby so i dont want to go too far, can i take vitamins too?
i go to the gym for an hour every day...that will help as well i hope?
thanks
Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Alcohol of any kind is not permitted on Atkins Induction. Alcohol may be added back to your diet during the 2nd phase of Atkins (OWL - On Going Weight Loss) at the 5th rung of the carb ladder....white wine, red wine, low carb beer & other low carb spirits. Keep in mind however,alcohol will suspend weight loss as you do not burn fat while your body has alcohol to burn.
As for vitamins, it is highly recommended you take a good multi-vitamin while doing Atkins....particularly during the Induction phase.
As Dr. Atkins wrote in the book, exercise is not negotiable. Any form of exercise is beneficial.
If you haven't read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution for how to do this plan effectively & correctly...as well as understanding how & why this works....I strongly suggest you do.
All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-27-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #9  
touchmytoes

thanks for the info, im gonna start monday, i say monday as i need to go shopping tomorrow to get the things in.
i hope it works, it did last time about 3 years ago and i lost alot! but then i didnt have an awful lot to lose though!!

now i feel like i do..and probably look like i do too...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

You can stay on the Induction phase as long as you feel you need to or can stick to. I do agree with some of the other comments though, you HAVE to exercise! I did Atkins once before when I was working (I had to load and unload trucks and did alot of walking with my job) and I was losing on average 8-12 lbs. a week. Now that I'm on Atkins again I'm not getting the exercise I need and my weight loss is much smaller. I know, I know, if it worked so good last time then why do I need to do it again! The answer is because I never reached my goal because of health problems - not related to the diet - and had to have surgery. Stick to it and try to get as much exercise as you can.
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote