Old 06-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/148/134

Height: 5ft 3

Cool A brand new ww member.

Hello i'm new to ww and this forum i have struggled with my weight since i gave birth to my 1st son 6 yrs ago i put alot on after he was born and it stayed on until i was pregnant with my second son i had no appetite when i was pregnant and lost 28 lbs that stayed of after he was born for a year til it slowly crept up but not as badly as it was before, I had my 3rd son 10 mts ago and i have had a crazy ten months moving house minding 3 young boys i didn't have time to do anything about my weight so having reading alot about ww with the support of my husband i joined my local meeting yesterday i have a stone to lose and i'm determined to do it I love the points system i have no need to cut any of my favourite foods out as long as i'm sensible and stay within my points so here's to the next few weeks, months whatever it takes.
Kaz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

to 3FC, and especially to the Weight Watcher's forum. You will get lots of information, tips, and friendship here. Yes, one good thing about WW is that you can still enjoy your favorite foods. It's all about portion control, right? Have a look around, and if I can help you in any way, just let me know.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #3  

Kaz, you have a lot on your plate (not food I mean) and it's very difficult to lose "baby weight". I commend you for your efforts and wish you all the best on this journey.
I had a similar problem when my kids were young. Kids needs good and healthy foods and they snack frequently. I joined them with their snacking and I wasn't the one in need of all those calories.
I learned to substitute certain things at their snack time, like just coffee/tea/water and maybe a stick of gum. It's hard to do.
I also learned that I did not have to finish leftover food all the time. When my kids would leave perfectly good (not touched) food behind due to their smaller appetites, I felt a compulsion not to waste food. I learned to wrap things up and save them and also to make use of my freezer.
I still struggle. I am not at my all time high but I have been able to maintain and not continue gaining additional weight for a long time. Even putting a stop to more gains is a good thing.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC Kaz!! Boy, it sounds like you've got a lot going on there with your move and your kids! Best of luck!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/166/130

Welcome! I'm pretty new to WW myself but so far so good! Best of luck!
eastcoastgirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #6  

Welcome to the board and to ww! I love ww and this is my 3rd time and hopefully final time to join and kick these pounds away! Goodluck!
GrnEyedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 468/329/200

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!

WW is great in that way! I love to be able to eat some of my favorite foods when I'm craving them and not have to feel like I've blown it! It's great!
Ayla77 is offline   Reply With Quote