You're doing perfect the whole day
you're so so so proud of yourself
you've made it through a whole day
without pigging out or eating junk
but then something happens at night
something dark and something dirty
YOU BINGE OUT OF NOWHERE ON EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE FRIDGE
OR IN THE CUPBOARD.

Ok, the reason I'm saying "You" is because I'm ashamed to say "I". I'm ashamed of myself! how do I stop from this midnight madness? I just get these cravings at night and the food calls to me from the darkness and I like some stupid moron, can't control myself and just go and give in. I basically erase all of my hard work for the whole day by screwing myself over at night! I'm SO PISSED OFF! this is has been happening every night for the past week and I know if I don't stop now, then I'll just end up gaining weight and THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ON MY WATCH, NO WAY.

I hate the mind and what it does.
Godddd. I feel like a failure.

Side note- Usually after I binge, I end up working out like a maniac right after...BUT who cares, the food still goes in my system and messes everything up inside.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 06-21-2009 at 12:47 AM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #2  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

I used to do this all the time, even when I was a little kid...but I have recently learned what to do with myself, its usually that I want to do something with my hands and I am not that tired...so I either read, which I do a lot! (books are my rewards) Or I knit, or I watch a movie so gross, and bloody that I don't want to eat (I love horror films!) Working out usually will not work, because then I feel like I should snack, because I deserve to snack...because I worked out...lol so just give yourself something to do, and that makes you forget, I also try to drink a whole bottle of watter before bed time, which helps me not be hungry...Just my two cents...
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Oh my gosh - I was totally there too last night!! My husband works nights and since we share a car, I'm home alone most weekend nights. Which is fine - I run two part-time businesses outside of my full-time job, so I need that time to get some work done. But I usually reward myself for getting work done with food - which I'm trying to cut back on. Last night, I would have given just about anything for some toast with butter and cinnamon sugar!! Fortunately, I was able to talk myself out of it, since I'd had such a great week already and I didn't want to screw it up. I also chewed a piece of gum and that seemed to help a little.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

I am totally in that boat. I am so frustrated recently because I ahve not been seeing results. Why? I do well all day long and exercise but at night I go crazy.

What I'm trying to do to remedy it: be in the room furthest from the kitchen as possible, drink some decaf tea if i feel hungry, and when it gets unbearable-go to bed!!

Let me know if you have any other tips, beautifulmess!
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #5  
Ready for a Change

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy

I’m soo there too! I work out and then, like Sharpie said, I feel like I deserve a snack. Well the “snack” ends up turning into a meal. I agree that this normally happens at night when it’s dark and I’m alone. I sometimes literally pace the floor while, internally, I deliberate whether or not I should indulge in whatever delicious treat is lurking in my fridge. After I’ve given in and binged. I typically feel very disappointed in myself.

Beautifulmess…know you are not alone.
LostandLonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #6  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

I'm guilty of doing this for the past few days. In the past (before trying to lose weight) I would have ordered in hamburgers or pizza the moment I got hungry, so I'm glad that at least I went for carrots, hummus and popcorn these past few days. I think the late night hunger may be happening because I've upped my workouts in duration and haven't increased my calorie intake. I think I'm going to add a hundred calories per day and hopefully that will take care of my late night snacking. =)

Good luck with your snacking! Maybe drink a huge cup of hot tea with a spoonful of honey? Sometimes that works for me!
Civakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/171/155

Height: 5'9"

Ahh, I totally understand... This is by far the #1 reason why I am overweight and continue to gain. Yes, I love to eat, which is also a problem, but I can control my eating throughout the day... but then I get so bored at night, and the monster in me comes out!!

I've already had 4 key lime bars tonight Ugh. I need help.
BustyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

I understand, I wish I had some advice! Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and just go to the kitchen eat something than go back to bed without really even thinking about it...I think it happens because I let myself get to hungry or didn't eat enough Healthy stuff. So far the past few days have been good and I am thinking it could be the fact that I am eating more protein and taking a multi vitamin finally... lol
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #9  
... fabulous!

I have this problem toooo! I maintain a weird schedule-- I normally wake around 9am, go to the gym, shower, run errands, eat ''breakfast'' around 11am or noon, go to the office, class, return home, eat ''lunch'' around 5pm, work some more, ''dinner'' around 10pm, and then go to sleep around 2am. Around 1 or 2, I get really snacky. My rule is that I have to drink .5-1 liters of water before eating anything. Normally I don't want to eat after drinking.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #10  
Ready for a Change

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/150

Default Sad, but true

Sometimes at night I just start thinking about what is in the fridge and I just can’t sleep until I have something to eat. I will literally toss and turn until I get up and satisfy my craving. Or other times I get myself a bag of Doritos, they’re my weakness, and sit in front of the TV and eat the whole bag. Afterwards I feel horrible about myself. I’m aware that this is a problem and am really trying to be aware of what (and how much) I am putting in my mouth.
LostandLonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

i am also torured by this horrible horrible thing I get very hungry around 10:30 or 11....when im in bed. BUT as lazy as i am...i can still get outta bed for food????

I ended up having to tell my fiance that if i ask him to get something for me like a bowl of cereal NOT TO.......once in bed im only gonna get food if im really hungry..it has been helping.

i aslo try and have tons and tons of protien for dinner.

i have a white board on my fridge where i can list the things i have done well on for the day (what workout i did, times i fought a craving...) just to help reming me!!!

i also keep tons of sugar free popsicles around (my fav. right now are the 20 cal cream ones)!!!!
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #12  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys,
this is a really inspiring thread to read because it makes me realize i'm not alone in my food cravings. i'm the same way - if i know something good (as in good tasting, not goo for me) is my cabinet or fridge i'll eat it even though i know i shouldn't. it is like i'm not able to just say no. it usually happens at night, also, especially if i'm just sitting around watching tv. oh, and if i've been out and had a couple drinks, its over (though that is probably more the alcohol talking versus the food, haha)

the suggestion for stopping doing this were really helpful - does anyone have any more? i am moving to my parents house in a week, and they keep SO MUCH food there, some of it good for me but a lot of reaaally bad stuff that i know i will want to binge on.
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/139/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I can eat a normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner with healthy snacks, but once 9:00 rolls around, I'm ravenous for everything in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels38 View Post
i also keep tons of sugar free popsicles around (my fav. right now are the 20 cal cream ones)!!!!
Last night I got home from a movie around midnight and hadn't eaten since 5:30. Instead of getting the protein bar I was craving, I picked up a sugar free jello pudding and a sugar free popsicle. Those are really lifesavers sometimes.
StarCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Quote:
Last night I got home from a movie around midnight and hadn't eaten since 5:30. Instead of getting the protein bar I was craving, I picked up a sugar free jello pudding and a sugar free popsicle. Those are really lifesavers sometimes.

dito!!!! alot of times, i know this probably sounds bad, but i just need to eat. im not hungry but i know that if i dont satisfy a craving i will binge for like two days. so yes, a popsicle or the 60 cal pudding comes in very handy at 10:30 at night
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote