Old 06-13-2009, 04:41 AM   #1  

Default 10 years, a lot of hurt. I want to get better.

x

Last edited by zomgname; 12-22-2014 at 05:28 PM.
zomgname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome, and good luck on your jouney. Kids can be really cruel in school, and I'm sorry for your experiences. It seems to me, though, that all those experiences may have been preparing you for something bigger. Have you ever considered getting involved in advocacy for awareness of Juvenile diabetes? I think you could bring some really great understanding to the table, particularly in schools and such. Congratulations for taking the step to turning your life around. Take care of yourself.

Jenny
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #3  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Good Luck!,I know how cruel people can be,and how hard life is for some of us.But,I too believe these experiences make us stronger.I know you are determined,and will change your life around.Just be persistant. That is what I am doing now. Even if I slip up,I won't give up.Because throwing in the towel,makes it harder the next time. You have a goal,and I know you'll make it. Love,Tracy
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry about your past and I am happy that you are taking care of yourself. I can relate to you story on how cruel some people can be but you also have people who loves and support you. Diabetes is tough, I also go through a lot of mental breakdowns where I cry and I want to give up. I always think how can I live a happy and fulfilled life if I have to take 5 pills a day, give myself muiltiple injections and feel the terrible side effects of all those medications. There are days where I physically can't get up and walk so I sometimes think... wow, I'm so going to die before my fiance some day, I should break up with him so he can be with someone who can share a long and happy life with him. I know it's a ridiculous thought but I feel that way sometimes. But diabetes is a managable disease if you take care of yourself. In your darkest moment, think of the people who cares about you (example: your mom) and hold onto them, don't let go and NEVER give up. I think of my sister and my fiance when I want to give up on life.

I'm glad that you came here with what you had to say, people on this site can relate to your story, they are extremely supportive, helpful and kind.

Chin up and good luck.

-Lyna

P.S. I was told by my doctors that diabetes can change your mood due to blood sugar level, even make you extremely depressed.
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote