Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 3"

Default I don't feel like eating at all... its scary

For the past couple of days. I don't have the urge/feeling to eat at all.. A month back, I got rid of all my favourite junk food and have other have gotten other healthy food. This whole month was pretty exciting, I tried cooking new healthy stuff etc. I discovered few healthy snacks etc.

But for the past 2 days, I've had a good breakfast: 2 slices of bread with peanut butter & sugar free jam. Fruit milkshake with fat-free milk & no sugar.

After that, I don't feel like eating for the rest of the day. I go to the fridge, open it, stare at everything and come back & continue my work. I haven't eaten lunch for 2 days and ate a very small dinner and forced myself to drink a fruit milkshake after dinner to achieve target calories. I did eat some peanut butter(licking off the spoon late afternoon). Still, I came 250 calories short of what i was supposed to eat.

I don't feel hungry. I am not motivated to make those healthy & yummy lunches like I used to. Does anybody have days like this?
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yup- but then it's usually followed with another day where I'm HUNGRY! lol.

Honestly now I rarely snack at night anymore- I LOVE IT! Even if I think "ooh some chips sound good now" I still don't get up and get them.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

WISH I COULD SAY I WASN'T HUNGRY I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FORWARD TO MY MEALS/SNACKS I DON'T EAT I GET AN ATTITUDE
jellybellyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I go through periods where NOTHING sounds good. This weekend I had enough calories leftover for a cheeseburger and fries, which normally would sound great. Not recently, though. Haven't had a burger in WEEKS. Same as you...I go to the fridge and just don't want anything in it....or just don't know WHAT I want. In those situations I try to guess at something that will satisfy me, so I won't keep on going to the fridge to find that "something" that my mind and/or body want.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I was like this when I first started......it goes away....for me anyway it did.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

Yep, and for me it was giving up junk food that did it. Sure other food is OK, but abstaining from junk food zapped all the thrill out of eating for me.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/277/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinpossible View Post
Yep, and for me it was giving up junk food that did it. Sure other food is OK, but abstaining from junk food zapped all the thrill out of eating for me.
So, are we not eating the healthy food because it doesn't taste as good to us? I'm wondering this because I've had the same problem as the OP lately. I'm eating under calories about 3 days, then I eat at calories for about 2 days, and the pattern continues.

What's the deal with this?
A phat chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean. There are plenty of times when I don't want to eat and food is just not appealing at all. Other times, I want to eat everything in the house... I wish it were the future already and that food came in pill form. It would make life easier if I didn't have to think about food or make decisions, I could just pop a pill.
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #9  
~jus' being me~

yep - there are definitely days like that, but they tend to balance out

i do make sure on days like that that I am still eating for nutritional reasons, and so i dont get to the point where i pass out frome exhaustion!

Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/189/170

Height: 6'0"

haha, but I enjoy eating so much! It's kind of a passion of mine... as long as I'm making new, fun recipes all the time that are healthy too (!!) then I tend to not get bored. I know how you feel though. Try some new stuff to get the fun back into eating healthy food!
bluebird19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

i know what you mean..im rarely hungry..except in the morning when i wake up. Apart from that i just eat cos im bored..sad isnt it!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #12  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A phat chick View Post
So, are we not eating the healthy food because it doesn't taste as good to us? I'm wondering this because I've had the same problem as the OP lately. I'm eating under calories about 3 days, then I eat at calories for about 2 days, and the pattern continues.

Personally I have an emotional attachment to junk. I like healthy food, but I can take it or leave it. I usually eat some peanut butter if I'm low on cals.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I go through periods where I just have no appetite. My stomach growls, but there is absolutely NOTHING I can imagine eating. It usually lasts for about 1-2 weeks. I survive on protein shakes and lattes usually.

Then, of course appetite just comes back as normal.

Weird!

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #14  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

It happens to me as well, especially when the weather is very hot or when I'm tired (yeah, I guess that one is odd). Things tend to even out later on, with a couple of days of renewed appetite, so I don't wonder too much about it.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #15  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A phat chick View Post

I don't think that's it- I think sometimes we just go through periods where okay so normally let's say you used to eat like 2500 calories a day but now are learning to recognize cues from your body when we are hungry- and because we are eating so much less we feel we are eating very little/nothing at all.

At the same time sometimes part of it could be you aren't changing up your menu enough. While I have favorites I like to cook if I cook the same 5 dishes over and over I'd get burned out. I usually end up trying a new recipe once a week- just so we have something new
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote