Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 11:01 AM   #1  

Talking I have BOTH keys!!!

Well....I need to talk.

Many of you here have known me for a long time. You knew me when I was a newlywed. When I was diagnosed with PCOS. When I began infertility treatment. When I began my weightloss journey. When I lost 62 lbs and felt wonderful. When I received my first compliment. When I bought a size 14 pair of pants. When my cycles returned normal again. When I got under 200 lbs, down to 188. When I moved in with my in-laws and hated them. When I was taking care of my younger sister. When I was building a home and when that dream was shattered. When I was purchasing the town house. When I seperated from my husband. When I had a good friend pass away. When I tried to understand why my sister was pregnant and not wanting to be, and I wasn't. When I moved in with a roommate (singlewhite female movie). When I had to move in with my Mother and her boyfriend whom I despise. When my divorce was final. And when I "regained" the weight I had promised myself I would never see again. When I was told I was "borderline diabetic".

It's been a really tough year for me, and I have shared the most personal things with many of you. You have supported me, believed in me and rooted me on even when I was so down. And believe me, it may not show in my daily posts, but I was down. And you all have helped me in ways you'll never know. So, I thank you.

And to the newer members who didn't know me through all of that, don't worry, my life has calmed down and am back in control. Hahahaha

Now, finally after 1 year, I feel like I have gained control again. Control over my body and my life. I will be moving this weekend and be out of work on Monday and Tuesday. I got the key last night and I can barely explain to you all of how I feel. I lost another 1.5 lbs, and now weighing in at 213 lbs. I will get back to where I was a year ago, and then I will make it to goal. If I can survive the last year, I can survive anything.

So, I now have both keys again. Key to my own home, and key to my own life.

I don't know what made me post this. But I just really wanted to let you know, how much you all mean to me. You've stood by my side through it all. And I can't say that about many people in my life. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without your support, I may have not made it back.

Old 06-21-2002, 12:11 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

HOW WONDERFUL!!! what a great way to express your life too. Both keys!!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 12:34 PM   #3  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Your strength and look at life is an inspiration to us all ((HUGS))
Old 06-21-2002, 12:59 PM   #4  
Losin It For GOOD!

We Love You!! CONGRATS and Woo HOO for you!
Old 06-21-2002, 02:17 PM   #5  

YOU GO GIRL!!

And show the REST OF THE WORLD what you're made of (cuz we already know)

Congrats,

annie
Old 06-21-2002, 03:47 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

All the best Jennifer!!!

My first year after I divorced was **** too. But looking back now I am so much a stronger person for going through it. Believe it or not.. now.. 9 years later from the break up I am thankful for those couple of years. I am a better person because of it.. and you are too!

Dana

ps.. take some pictures.. I can't wait to see it!!
Old 06-21-2002, 06:20 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wow, Jenniffer, you are one strong woman! I am sure that had I gone through everything you've gone through in the past year, I would never have lived through it all. I am so happy that things are back on the right track for you. Here's to a lifetime of happiness and wellness.

Jennelle
Old 06-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #8  

Jenniffer you are truly my inspiration chicklet. I am so damn happy for you and I know good things are coming your way!

Kim
Old 06-21-2002, 09:37 PM   #9  
gbo

Yes Sugar...... this roller coaster ride we call life has so many ups and downs and through the struggle we blossum. Every inch of our abilities and potential are discovered from neccessity. We discover the best of ourselves in the worst of times and understand ourselves so much more. How durable we really are, and how amazing we become even to ourselves. I knew you would make it through becuase for some of us we have learned that it may take a few times at bat to hit that home run, but we keep bouncing back until we do. Learning much every step of the way. I am proud of you Jen. You will succeed.
Pam
Old 06-21-2002, 10:15 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

all this and you still have it in you to support, urge, advise, nurture everyone else. my hat's off to you, darlin.

and now, for yourself, some real peace and serenity. relax and enjoy it all!!!!!
Old 06-22-2002, 06:08 AM   #11  
hot mom wanna be!

Wow, you have been through so much. Maybe you can turn this into a Danielle Steele type novel and make millions, huh??
Believe me, I am not trying to make light of anything you have been through. I think a lot of people couldnt deal with half of that and would have turned to drugs/alchohol or us with food issues would have gained ALL the weight back plus some. I am glad you caught it when you did and took control. I am also glad you are taking control of your health issues too. I am getting divorced myself. I will file in August since we have to be seperated for a year first in VA. We have a 7 year old son (that's why). If you dont have kids it's only 6 months.

take care of yourself!!
lorelei
Old 06-22-2002, 02:34 PM   #12  

I didn't know I could admire you any more than I already did, but, girly, I'm in awe of you!! You are quite an amazing woman, Jennifer. In Sept, if you can't make it to Boston, I'll come to you! I've got to meet this fabulous person in person!

Jiffy said it perfectly...all this, and you can support us the way you do!

Love, Gayle
Old 06-22-2002, 09:35 PM   #13  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

I'm so happy for you too!!! Your strength comes out in all of your posts, and I truly admire your honesty and compassion! I'm inspired to hear about your having in your grasp the key to your life. . .I hope I get there soon! I think I've lost my set of keys in the couch of life ~ I need one of those keyrings where you clap and the keys beep at you till you can find them!

Blessings to you ~ irishwings
Old 06-23-2002, 04:41 PM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jennifer -

Wow!! What an awesome post!! WOOOO HOOOOO!! How awesome for you!! Both keys...I like that. New apartment...new you. You are always sooooo supportive and inspirational. I know you will do it!!

You Go Girl!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 05:58 PM   #15  

Default hugs and congratulations

Jenniffer,

You are an amazing person to have made it through so much without giving up. How strong you are! I admire your courage, and am very proud of you.

Congratulations on your new home! May you only have wonderful times there. I wish you the best of luck.

A friend told me that hanging angel windchimes in a new home brings luck. Maybe you can try it out

congratulations and hugs-
Sherry
Closed Thread