Old 05-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of 5/25/09

Happy Memorial Day! We had a beautiful weekend weather-wise. Went to visit my cousin and we were able to go to the farmer's market (one of my favorites) on Saturday. We just hung out at the house and grilled burgers in the evening and played games. Sunday we went out to breakfast and then went out on their boat which was fun. The sun was out and we enjoyed it. This morning we headed home. Friday night I had a horrible sinus headache and Saturday/Sunday I fought the dizzy/tired feeling from the allergy/sinus stuff. Ugh!

It was nice to get away. Ate/drank more than I should have but hopefully it won't cause too much damage on the scale.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, Melissa, Our weekend was pretty soggy, but we managed to do some things around the house, played some golf and I went shopping with my GF. She and I are trying to get serious about our recent added weight. We did well yesterday--had a great salad for lunch and didn't snack all day. I must get this weight off. Trying on clothes yesterday really woke me up.

Glad you had fun, Melissa. What kinds of games did you play?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #3  

We played Scattergories, Apples to Apples, and Cranium for Kids (my cousin's daughter is 9).

I'm working on getting back on track...
Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #4  

I love Scattergories. I've played Apples to Apples once or twice. They're both fun.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #5  

Lori, schedules are never the same with an infant in the household. Hang in there. I hope everything goes well with your remission test

This weekend should be fairly quiet for us--we need to get some things done around the house, like re-staining our back deck that is in dire need of it being done. There are some other projects too.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #6  

Lori, I'm glad you had a nice visit with family, Lori. I often hear women say that they will miss breastfeeding and it's so good for the baby. Good luck with your remission test.

DH and I have been Harry and Harriet Homeowner in the past week. We replaced a ceiling fan, painted the garage door, fixed our "neighbor's" fence, and planted some oleanders. I have painting to do; just need to find a day.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #7  

Good afternoon, ladies! It turned out to be pretty nice today. It's a balmy 79 and sunny. My head is still pounding and I think a call to the doctor is in order because I'm getting some awful drainage. I think I need something stronger than my nose spray and allergy tabs.

I went to my meeting at noon and was up .4 and that was good considering the amount of drinking/eating I did over the weekend. Now to get back on track! I am going to keep my journal this week (I haven't done it in so long!)

As I was sitting in the meeting today I realized I will be celebrating 10 years of being at Goal! We talked about motivation and I've really been struggling with that lately. I need to get back in the kitchen and cooking some different recipes/foods to so that I'm not bored.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #8  

Melissa, That gain wasn't bad. Sorry about your sinuses; yep, sometimes we just have to go to the doctor. Glad your weather is nice.

Lisa, I've been OP for almost a week, so I hopped on my scale this morning and was down 2.5 pounds. I'm happy about that, but it's been so hard!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #9  

Way to go, Lisa on the loss!

I did get in to see the doctor yesterday and I'm on a z-pak and I can already feel the difference. Got up this morning with no headache and the soreness in my throat isn't as bad. She said my glands were swollen a little and I had some fluid behind my ears.

We had torrential downpours yesterday and some of the streets were flooded so bad that cars got stuck. The window wells in our building filled up with about 9" of water. I felt bad for the rib fest participants because the rain was terrible and I'm sure they ended up having to close during the storms.

This morning it's a cool 55 but sunny.

We got a call that my dad's oxygen level dropped to 70 and they're putting him on oxygen. He's not happy about it. The nursing home is also calling in Hospice to evaluate his needs. He's so thin and when I talked with him yesterday he said "I'm going to be 6 feet under soon"... He's pretty weak so they don't want him getting up by himself because he's so unsteady.

My father-in-law is traveling to France on Wednesday for the 65th anniversary of D-Day. They are flying him over for the celebration and he's excited about it. I can tell he's starting to slow down a little--he was having a hard time remembering things and luckily I have a lot of the information he needed written down. He'll be 89 in August.

No major plans for the weekend--tonight I'm going to a spa party at my daughter-in-law's house, tomorrow we're going to get the stain for the back deck, Sunday I'll work in the morning and then get some projects done around the house.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #10  

Melissa, I'm glad you got some meds; you probably have an infection. Your weather has been wacky, hasn't it? We had that flooding rain in Florida last week--scary stuff. We got about 5 inches, but in Daytona Beach, they had 25 inches and lots of flooding. Lots of damage.

Oh, it's so sad to see our parents decline in health, isn't it? My dad is always talking like your father--soon I'll be dead, etc. What exactly is your dad's illness?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #11  

Lisa, my dad has a number of health issues--the main one being TIA's (mini strokes) which cause him to lose his balance. He's also been diagnosed with COPD and is on oxygen now. I met with the rep from Hospice on Saturday and was relieved to talk with them that it's more to help my dad early on rather than waiting until he's basically at the end of the road. The nurse I met with was really nice and I felt good when we parted. My dad has been calling me every day which is odd for him; I'm not sure if he's scared, lonely or a combination of everything. He does have a urinary tract infection which caused him to be really confused and out of it. It's scary how an ordinary infection can cause so many problems in older adults.