Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 09:32 AM   #1  

Default Monday, Monday

Hey everyone!! Where are you all at??? I never get to start the thread....
So how was everyone's weekend? I was down 3.2 at WI and then celebrated by pigging out Saturday and eating 52 points!!!
But that's ok-Sunday was a new day and I am back on track.
The weather was really crappy all weekend-and today it is beautiful-oh well. DH got a lot done on the WI closet he is adding to our master bedroom-I am hopeful we will be able to start painting soon so we can move our stuff out of the guest room and into that room!
Ali-your pictures are amazing and inspirational, especially b/c I know that you are a real person who actually exists and who did this!!!!
I am trying to get some of my wedidng pictures up but they are still too large....
I'm working my long day today till seven-so come out and post...
I wanted to post a poll but I don't know how, so I'll write it in my message as a question:

What religion are you and are you currently practicing?

The reason for this is that DH and I are thinking about TTC next year. We were both raised Catholic but are not really practicing and I am sort of 'shopping around' for other churches and ways to do things(no offense to anyone who is practicing catholic!)

So I am just gathering info about different churches and their beliefs....-like for example...does anyone know about the United Church of Christ? We have a lot of those churches in this area and I have no idea what they are about!
Thanks! Lori
Old 06-17-2002, 10:11 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Wknd was good. Spent yesterday with DF, after the Father's day festivities and had a wonderful day. His friend came in town this wknd so they were together all day Sat. This was good b/c I actually got a few things done for the wedding. I went to a friends house and we finally found a bridesmaids dress that we agree on! Yay!! All of the bridesmaids like it. I will post it in the future once I remember who the designer is So good wknd. I haven't even begun to count points until today. Our official start date is this upcoming thursday but I would love to have a lb off before then. I weighed in a 188.6 last Thursday. YIKES. Oh well I really think I will stick with it this time. As I mentioned before I have never kept track of points for more than a few days at a time and never gone to consecutive mtgs. Sooooo now I am going to do both of those things. I did my pilates this a.m. and am supposed to have water aerobics tonight. We will see though b/c we have it at an outdoor pool and currently the sky is black and full of clouds.

Lori, I just had the same problem when I posted my pic on the photo thread. I right clicked on the picture and then went to EDIT and then to skew/stretch(something like that) and decreased the horizontal and vertical to 75% instead of 100% I am new to this so there might be a better way that I am unaware of . I would love to see your wedding pics though.

As far as religion. I am a Christian and go to a Baptist Church. If you would like to know more let me know. My faith is a huge support to me and I seriously don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to pray to God for support, etc
Old 06-17-2002, 10:46 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning!
Becky! you gorgeous creature Love the top too
Lori I'm a nonpractising catholic who is goign to go back to practicing
I like catholicism its comfy and feels good i do do things like novenas etc and its a great support system
if that makes sense
as for my weekend
I saw my exbf who shall be reffered to as NF new friend
b/c hes a totally new person and i want to get to know him again
oooh i got smooched but i want to take it at a snails pace b/c we could both be in for a world of pain
got tons to do
bbl
Love
Kier
Old 06-17-2002, 11:00 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Just dropping in to say a super-quick hello. I have tons to do and didn't get anything done on Friday, so I can't goof off much today (even though I'd sure love to). Glad to see everyone had a good weekend. I'm feeling pretty good because I successfully stayed OP for an entire week! Whoohoo!

OK, I'll try to check in over lunch, K?

Old 06-17-2002, 11:07 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All -

I had a great work-out this AM. I ran for 3 miles straight - no walking breaks! It's the first time I've ever run that far so I'm pretty excited. Naturally though, the ST I did afterwards was not my best ever. Oh well. I've also got a new Yoga tape that I'm going to try tonight. And I rented an Abs workout tape by The Firm that I'm anxiously waiting to try. Now if only I can get myself back to eating totally OP.

Congrats on the 3.2 Lori - that's awesome!

Becky - I'm so glad that you found the bridesmaids dress. Post a pic when you can so we can all see.

Kier - It's great that you had such a good time with your NF. Hope that everything works out the way you want.

Spent most of my weekend landscaping my front yard. I'd asked a couple buddies to come help with the tilling (OK asked them to do it for me) and for the price of a case of beer and a couple pizza's, they stayed and helped all day. Really nice of them considering that we only started hanging out a couple months ago.

I'll check in later.

Winter
Old 06-17-2002, 11:32 AM   #6  

Angry

Good morning ladies!

Not having a very good day, not really sure why though....maybe a couple non-friendly people I had to deal with on the phone that did it, oh well.....

Kier ~ Glad to hear the old/new friend has possibilities!! Take it slow!

Lori ~ Glad to hear you had a good weekend. As far as religion goes, I started out in life as a primitive methodist (along the lines of Baptist), but my parents disagreed with some of the teachings, and we converted to Lutheran when I was in high school. I love my church, and follow/agree with most of the teachings. Sometimes I think we need to take a little of each religion to make the perfect one!

Becky ~ Glad you found your bridesmaid dresses, one less thing you have to do.

Jess ~ Try to stop in later, we need you!!

Winter ~ That is great you got your landscaping underway. It amazes me what beer and pizza will do for men. Better than money! That is how I plan to get my house built in a timely fashion. Cook food and provide cold beer at the end of the day for the workers....I heard it works miracles!!

Well, as for me, I did ok for eating this weekend. Drank all my water which was good. I have TOM now, and feel extremely bloated, but hopefully it will go away in a few days.

I have a busy week ahead. Tonight is DD soccer practice, and Wed night is her first game, then Thursday is my boss's retirement party I have been planning for months, and Friday my DH is back on regular days, then this weekend our friends from Tennessee are in town for a week. A week from today we start to dig our basement. I hope I can keep it all together!!!

I did get all of my housework done this weekend, and wash our big suburban by hand yesterday and vacuumed it out, it needed it!!

Well, better get back to work....ttyl!!!

Oh, "Hi" to everyone lurking and about to post. Ali ~ Love your pictures, you look soooo good, keep up the good work!! And, jinini, you are gorgeous!!
Old 06-17-2002, 11:32 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

I had a good weekend, Friday night I went to my grandparents with the family and we had a fish fry, and then Saturday I went out to the bar for a while after I saw Bourne Identities - it was actually pretty good, but with a lot of beating-em-up scenes.

Lori - the weather's been kind of unpredictable around here too, we've gotten rain almost every night but it just comes out of nowhere. i think it's going to heat up soon though, it's been kind of cold for june.

and as far as religion goes, I am a practicing catholic too. Like Kier says - it's comfortable. My entire family is catholic, actually my entire town is catholic. If i ever move though I'm going to have to kick my butt to get me into a church in a new city!

Winter - it's great what you can buy for a case of beer and pizzas! Priceless items.

and hi to grace and jess and kier

gotta go
Old 06-17-2002, 11:34 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

hi tonya we posted at the same time!
Old 06-17-2002, 11:36 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

hi girls,
long time no post! i have been v busy at work and i've missed hearing from you all - must go catch up on the old threads!
not much to report. my friend is keen to start WW so i'm going to go to some meetings with her next week. should help keep me on the straight and narrow too. esp when it looks like summer has finally arrived in london!
oh, and saturday i had a flying lesson (BF bought it for me). it was really weird knowing i was in charge of the plane (apart from taking off and landing). quite scary when it banks!
right, be back later,
kirsty
Old 06-17-2002, 12:43 PM   #10  

Thanks for the religion info-Tonya-what is Lutheran? Grace-what is Baptist??? Sorry i'm so ignorant-I have a general idea I guess-but what would be the differences between say-Baptist and Methodist? Lutheran and Catholic?
Old 06-17-2002, 12:51 PM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

there's only one religion for me - weight watchers.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:03 PM   #12  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning ladies... where to start.... well, for one thing - since I've really been losing, I've tried to keep drinking alcohol down to once or twice a month... well, let's just say i drank 3 times in one week! I had fun... but I'm not sure what it's going to do to my weight loss. THEN - SAturday I went to a work function. They rented out the Museum of Science for our company... and had a dessert buffet!!! I had 3 cookies and a choc. tofee dove bar. AGH! The Dove bar was 7 points, and I'm guessing the cookies were at least 3 points a piece... maybe even 4 or 5. The were like Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and about 2 inches in diameter. Man.

Lori - congrats on the 3.2 Awesome. As for religion.. I'm a United Methodist. I absolutely love it. Methodism is really great... I feel like it's a very open-minded religion but still keeps with all the Christian values. Really, when you get into Protestant religions, it's hard to really differenciate. I mean Babtists and Presperterians and Methodists etc are very similar in a lot of ways, but also have lots of differences. I'm from the South, and Southern Babtists are way different than Northern Babtists. Shop around and see what you like. What is TTC?

Grace - good luck with your new start. I'm sure you can do it. As boring as it is, keeping track of your points in a journal really is important... it's made the biggest difference for me.

Kier - good luck with your NF.

Jess - congrats for staying OP. I wish I could say the same!

Tonya... I just saw your picture also... everyone is so pretty. Honestly... I see your pictures and think "They're on WW?" You're so SKINNY!!!

Morning Star!!! Sounds like a nice weekend.

Kirsty - flying lesson? OMG. I hate flying in planes... can't even imagine if I was behind the controls.

okay ladies... here's hoping I can stay on program. And I have 2 potential evenings were I could get completely plastered. Let's hope I can limit my alcohol consumption to one night this week!

Lisa
Old 06-17-2002, 02:07 PM   #13  

Hey girls,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Kirsty, flying lessons sound awesome. Are you planning on continuing it for a hobby/possible career?

Lori, I'm greek orthodox christian - don't really know how it compares to catholic (even though I went to a catholic college!) but I think foundations are similar - our preists can marry though, and can be very big on rituals (e.g. growing up we didn't eat meat on Wednesdays and Fridays year round, not just for lent). I'm not really practicing anymore, so that's about all I can tell ya.

Becky, great pic - it doesn't look like you have all that much weight to lose!

Kier, keep us posted on the NF. Now that I have a BF, I miss the gossip that goes along with being single!

Winter, way to go on the exercise! I had planned to go this morning before work, but when I got up, I ws so tired I thought it would be better to just get in extra hours at work. Maybe someday I'll get back there.

Hey Jess, Tonya and Angie, hope your day is going well and that you're not working too hard!

Lisa, I hear you on the drinking thing - I always THOUGHT that was one of my biggest problems, but I honestly don't think my drinking affects my weight too much. I read somewhere that women metabolize alcohol differently then men, so it's not AS bad, but I still realize that it's empty calories...maybe I don't eat as much when I drink or something - I can't explain it. I also decided that I wouldn't let my need to lose weight affect my social life. I figured that if I was going to be giving up sweets and junk and forcing myself to exercise, there was no way I'd give up going out with my friends too - besides, how do you meet guys sitting at home? Who's going to give you compliments so you continue with your plan Yes, I understand there are limits - and I have definitely been crossing them lately. But I say, go out and have fun! Eat salads on the days you know you'll be going out (you won't have to drink as much too!)

As I said, I've been totally off plan, so I won't even pretend that I'm trying to lose weight right now - hoping not to gain for a little while. Hopefully that will knock some sense into me when I start seeing the numbers on the scale go up. E.g. yesterday I had chicken and brocc and 2 veggie spring rolls for lunch, then chips, popcorn and cheesecake for dinner - and a skinny cow for a snack. Today I've had 4!! mini snickers and am having ice cream cake for a co-worker's b-day. Plus 2 granola bars, lots of tricuits and a lean cuisine. I feel like one of those people who orders a bunch of stuff at the drive-through "with a diet coke" Oh wait, I am one of those people!!

Ok, I am getting giddy and this is getting long!
Old 06-17-2002, 02:15 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone

Well, I was down 2.2 at WI sat - YAY! 7# to go for my weddings goal (which is in August) Saturday night was my reunion and it went fantastically! We had over 100 people show up. Everybody looked great and a good time. It's funny because in a lot of ways everyone was the same. Then some people had changed so much. It was neat to see who had kids and where people are working. All in all, it was pulled off without a hitch - YAY! And the food was good too. Then last night, BF and I went to dinner at Mr. Mike's west coast grill - we both ordered steaks and they were the most horrible tasting things I had ever seen on a plate. It tasted boiled. And mine was overdone. Having cooked for a living at one point in my life, it takes quite a bit for me to complain but it was so horrible, we sent them back and left (we left enough on the table for our appetizer and beverages) the manager actually chased us down and gave us $50 in gift certificates! We figure we'll give them another try sometime after the extreme dissappointment of that dinner wears off. Wow - what a novel.

Lori - I was raised Catholic but had a crisis of faith in University and I left the church but I found there was always something I didn't like about any religion so I have my own faith and I still go to church with my mom and sister every now and then because I love the ritual and I like to sing the hymns. THat probably doesn't help you but I thought I'd share.

Becky - Yay on finding the dress! It's great that your bridesmaids can agree on it - can't wait to see the picture.

Hi Jess - way to spend the week OP!

Winter - you are a workout queen - I got tired just reading about your workout plans.

Tonya - I hope your day is getting better.

Star - I saw Bourne Identity last night and I enjoyed - very different from the book though.

Kirsty - was that your first flying lesson? I'd be so scared I'd probably crash.

Lisa - sounds like you had a fun weekend. It's nice to let your hair down every now and then.

Well, hello to anyone I missed and all the lurkers. Hope you're all having a great day.

KT
Old 06-17-2002, 02:48 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lexxy and KT - thanks. I know... I go out at least once a week, but a lot of times I just drink diet cokes. I still have fun... sometimes I act silly whether I've drunk or not... but I have to admit, I do let loose a little better when I've had a drink... but I've been cutting back for like 2 years... and it always seems like I stop cutting back as much in the summer months. I did have fun though - I kissed a boy with a tongue ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I'd be so turned on by a tongue ring... it was awesome. He was so clean cut looking, so when he kissed me it was a shock. No, we didn't get numbers.... but I'm kind of glad. When they take my number and don't call it's much worse... I had a good time. He he.

Lexxy - I love your post.. I eat skinny cows a lot too. Mmmmm.

KT - congrats on the 2.2 !!!
Closed Thread