Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 353.6/344.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default hair removal question?

Hey ladies, so this is probably a weird weird subject, but as a plus size woman, my thighs are quite larger than average, and shaving them is awful, I have only done it a handful of times, but as summer is approaching its inevitable to shave them or whatever.. well shaving takes forever, I can never get all the hair off of them, and I get horrible chafing after when my thighs rub together..so have any of you laides found an alternative way like nair or something? I dont wanna wax, Im a wimp, lol..but if you have found some kind of depilatory cream or something, let me know :-)
tlp06289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

waxing is it...sorry...
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #3  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Have you ever tried veet? I have tried just about everything (besides waxing ouch lol) and never found anything I really liked or that did the job besides Veet. I love the stuff. I will often tend to shave up to my knees and then use veet just on my thighs lol
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #4  
No Matter What!

S/C/G: 264/257/145

I'm with Tejas on the waxing. I know it sounds awful (and it certainly can be) but it's worth it, in my opinion. I waxed for about 3 years before I finally did permanent laser hair removal on my thighs (fabulous but expensive). The first time I had my legs waxed I seriously thought I was going to pass out because it hurt so bad but after a couple times it hardly bothered me at all. The key is getting the guts to get through the first few times and then after that it is a breeze. Good luck in your search and I feel your pain on this subject (literally).
teensie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #5  
rainy

I've found that waxing gets very very easier (about pain) if you take one or two ibuprofen pills exactly 30 minutes before to start waxing, you feel nothing or just feel very little. Just make sure it's ibuprofen and not aspirin as it may lead to hemorragies.

I'm allergic to veet, get awful skin rashes if I use it, so for me it's shaving either waxing. At home it takes forever, so often go to my beauty therapist for that
Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 AM   #6  

Height: 1.67m

Also make sure you don't wax just around your TOM, as it will be more painful. If you are waxing it's also a good idea to keep your skin buffed and moisturized to make it as pain free as possible (no lotion when waxing of course, I just mean to prepare your skin the days before)

Last edited by timkerbelle; 05-12-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: cuz i kant schpell
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #7  

Laser hair removal is also an option. By the time you've had a few waxes done, you've paid just as much as you'd pay for the laser hair removal.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #8  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Lazer removal...it's the best thing ever! It costs a lot but saves lots of time, money and pain down the road. I've had my legs, armpits and arms done (I was hairy unfortunately). I HATED shaving my legs!!!

However waxing is good until you can get lazer done. I tried Veet, etc and it always gave me bad rashes and scabs - so maybe try a bit in a small area first. I went full bore and obviously my skin did not agree with it
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Laser lover here too!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 311/285.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I use some new spray on Nair. It is about $7 a bottle, and my legs are so big I use pretty much the whole thing to get good coverage. But its easier than trying reach everywhere to shave or put on lotions. And no wiping off either, just jump in the shower and rinse.
Qualera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/152/105

Height: 5'1"

I just heard of a product that prevents chafing...I haven't tried it myself but it has a lot of great reviews on amazon. It was called bodyglide anti-chafing stick..here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-Balm...3133106&sr=8-1
Dalgishake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

What does laser hair removal cost? I'd like to do it on my underwarms, chin/throat, and maybe legs, but I don't know anyone who's had it done IRL who could give me a cost estimate, and none of the websites or ads I've looked at have that type of information.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #13  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I'd love to know some of these things too. I hate the hair removal process and I'm terrible at it. I always miss spots or cut myself when I shave and I always miss spots and have to shave them when I wax.

Ive been considering an epilator...does anyone have any experience with those?
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #14  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'd like to know how much laser is as well. I spoke with someone who was offering $500 off the procedure. I can get a lot of waxings for $35 before I reach the $500 off!. They wouldn't quote over the phone for my chin and upper lip.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #15  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

While staying on topic, has anyone had hair removed with a string? There are a few of the Asian places around here that offer the string as well as waxing. I don't know anything about the string. Do you?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote