Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #1  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Height: 5'8"

Red face Getting back on plan...

Over the weekend, I lost five pounds. I started feeling lethargic early last week and finally descended into a 100 degree fever with chills on Friday. I haven’t been hungry and haven’t forced myself to eat. I didn’t track my calories over the past few days, but it couldn’t have been more than a few hundred calories a day (ex: yesterday a bowl of cereal I measured out, but still couldn’t finish and an applesauce cup). However, I have been drinking A LOT of water. I also have kept all the water (and the tiny bit of food) down. Therefore, I am fairly certain it isn’t water weight.

My tummy finally got to rumbling late this afternoon. My question is, do I just go straight back on plan tomorrow? I know that loosing five pounds in about two days is too fast for my body (I generally loose about 1-3 pounds per week). However, I would prefer to keep my five-pound loss (if possible—but not at the cost of my health). At least something good could come from all that ickyness.

Does anyone have any advice about returning to plan after being sick? I’m nervous because last Thursday was my 27th day on plan, and I don’t want to get off. If I go back up to my calorie limit, I’m nervous that I will gain the five pounds back. If I stay low on calories, I’m nervous I will get back into old habits that I am finally ending (eating less than 500 calories some days and more than 5000 calories other days).

Also, how do I count this toward days on plan? Part of my plan is making sure that I am above 1100 calories every day, which is sometimes very difficult for me. I didn’t get above that on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Should I start on day one again? Should I ignore the last few days and pick up on day 28? That feels like cheating. However, I’m a big believer in listening to my body, and my body really did not want any food. What’s a girl to do?
Riverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

I would ignore the past few days and pick right up on day 28 again. Your body is going to need the calories to help repair itself and build your immune system back up. Having said that throwing up is extremely dehyrdating so a lot of that probably was water weight so don't be heart broken if you gain a little of it back. You're still ahead in the long run, right?
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:57 AM   #3  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

When I got sick I just got back on plan like I had never been off as soon as I could eat again. Once I was sure I was well enough I started exercising again too. Just pretend like you were never off and go.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote