Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/198/160

Height: 5'11"

Default Would you guys mind reviewing my exercise plan?

Okay, so I've finally put together a fitness routine to follow and I was wondering if you guys could take a look and let me know what you think, if I might be leaving something out, or if you have any suggestions? Basically what I want is a routine that will help me increase energy, tone up, and slim down. Here's what I've got...

Sunday: OFF
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Cardio
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Circuit Training

The cardio routine is basically a 7-week program I put together to get me to a point where I can jog for a steady 30 minutes. The first week I walk and each week after I alternate walking and jogging for so many minutes (for example, Week 2 is 5-walking and 1-jogging...Week 3 is 4-walking and 2-jogging)

The circuit training routine is this...please forgive some of the terminology. I'm not too savvy with some of the names of exercises:

5 minute warm-up
Perform each exercise consecutively for 30 seconds each -
    Rest for 1 minute and repeat
    Rest for 1 minute and repeat

2 sets of 15 Plank Rows
    2 sets of 15 Supermans
    2 sets of 15 Bicycles
    2 sets of 10 Push-Ups

10 minute full body stretching

I basically did a run through and it was hard, but not killer. I was surprised at how out of breath I was during the circuit...from what I've read, it is supposed to get your heart rate up, but WOW! lol

Anywho, let me know what you guys think! I'm officially starting on Monday and I'm VERY excited!
    Me1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #2  
    Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Your workout looks decent... My only question/concern is the Bench Press w/aBdominal crunch and the Chest fly w/ leg raises.

Those just seem like mixing exercises that don't go together. I'd switch from bench press to pushup (incline if need be) to get the abs worked while working your chest. With the chest fly, I'd keep your back and legs stable.

The deadlift w/ hammer curl also seems a bit awkward but I'd have to try it to really see if it is as awkward as it sounds.
    nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/198/160

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Nelie...I'll give those a try.

The deadlift w/ hammercurl seems to work good...assuming I take it slow and make sure my form is good. I'm thinking maybe I should increase the size of my hand weights though to maybe 3 lbs. to add a little more resistance.

I appreciate you giving me your feedback!
    Me1980 is offline   Reply With Quote