Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Do you allow yourself to dream?

We all have those daydreams about looking fantastic at our high school reunions, getting into that goal outfit and what not. Lately I find myself dreaming about my athletic goals.

See, I started out just wanting to become a runner, and I'm well on my way. My first dream was to run a 5k and that was it. I never really intended to keep running or make a habit out of it... I just wanted to see if I could run a 5k. Well, that 5k is in September, and the more I get addicted to running, the more dream goals I seem to be coming up with... a 10k the following year, and finally a half marathon. It seems like a LONG shot compared to where I'm at right now, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming about my athletic goals.

Does anyone else do this or have any athletic dream goals to share? Is it so far fetched to daydream about crossing the Boston Marathon finish line? Whatever keeps me going, right??
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Of course- I always say if you can visualize something in your mind, and if you want it that bad and work for it, it'll happen
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 269/215/165

Height: 5'6

I love to daydream. I know that in my heart I am not meant to be an obese lazy person, because my dreams center so much around being healthy. I daydream all the time about doing the MS150 next year (one of my current goals), learning to surf, kayaking in alaska (goal by age 30), and especially I want to try Adventure Racing!

Of course, I also day dream about being super hot and turning lots of guy's heads, but I'm trying to focus on athletic day dreams in this post
MrsHomeStretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #4  
Crazy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHomeStretch View Post
I love to daydream. I know that in my heart I am not meant to be an obese lazy person, because my dreams center so much around being healthy. I daydream all the time about doing the MS150 next year (one of my current goals), learning to surf, kayaking in alaska (goal by age 30), and especially I want to try Adventure Racing!

Of course, I also day dream about being super hot and turning lots of guy's heads, but I'm trying to focus on athletic day dreams in this post
Haha, well my 10 year high school reunion is next year and believe me, I daydream about turning people's heads! What once was the fat, quiet girl in high school... now screamin' hot!

What is the MS150? I just recently learned about Adventure Racing... I think it sounds AWESOME, especially since I haven't really been drawn to the traditional triathletes. But, one step at a time...right now I gotta finish running that 5k first!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Yes but I put mine far out. Like, I would really like to try powerlifting but oh the other hand, I want a baby. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to feel like training for something like that while learning how to be a mommy with an infant...and subsequent children. So while I do want to do it, not necessarily anytime soon.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #6  
No description available.

Sure. I think that dreams you are taking action about are goals. I started out wanting to run 400 meters. I've run a few 5Ks, 2 half marathons and now I am planning a full marathon. Goals can be accomplished. You can do it!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #7  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

I have the same dreams as you do! I just signed up for a 10k... and I'm wondering if I'll be able to handle a half next year... The wondering part keeps getting bigger and bigger!
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/234/140

Height: 5'4"

I dream about through-hiking the Appalachian Trail!
craftykath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #9  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

i dream about finding my dream job.
Seeing my boyfriend soon cuz he's in another city.I wanna look 10 lbs lighter the next time i see him.
I also dream about my next shopping spree where i can find cool clothes that fit .
I dream about having a tropical vaccation for a month LOL to get away from the stress.
As for my fitness dreams.I wanna be able to finish Jillians Boost Metabolism cuz i only do 10 mins LOL.
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/198/160

Height: 5'11"

I have a similar dream; although it's just to be able to jog or run for an extended period of time...I'm not up to day-dreaming about marathons yet! Maybe one day in the future.

Right now I daydream about seeing myself being able to maintain a steady run for at least half an hour. I've already got a plan put together to get me there and try to visualize the final goal everyday. Hey, they say if you visualize and believe it can happen that it will happen with some effort.
Me1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:59 AM   #11  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

I day dream about the stupidest stuff!!

Like winning the lottery and taking all my friends and family on a cruise.

Or what I life would have been like if I hadn't done something (like move, get married, get divorced, etc...)

Or when will I meet Oprah, Jillian or some other famous person.

Really, nothing of real substance!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #12  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

When I could barely run 3 miles, I dreamed I could finish a half marathon. I researched it, constructed a plan, worked the plan, and did it! Then, I dreamed I could finish a full marathon -- and I did it!

I think dreams (or call them goals) are essential. But it takes knowledge, actions, perseverence, and faith in yourself to turn them from dreams into reality.

But, I do think there are impossible dreams and achievable ones. I daydream about winning the lottery sometimes, but since I never buy a ticket, my odds of winning aren't too good. But I also daydream about backbacking up the mountain this summer, and I know I CAN do that. I dream about our fantasy retirement -- RV'ing all over the country and playing outside all day every day. And that is possible too, eventually, if we continue to take the right actions now. Boy, do I daydream about retirement ...
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #13  
Crazy runner

MBN, I daydream about retirement and I'm only 26. This working stuff is for the birds.

I agree there are things that are just daydreams... winning the lottery would be a huge one for me. I daydream about opening my own bakery or bed and breakfast.

I think all it has to start out with ... is a dream. One day, I just decided I wanted to run a 5k. It takes a lot of falling down and getting back up again to keep going with this one. To me, this is sooo much more than just racing (although, the idea of a race thrills me). I am one of those people that tends to have big ideas, but gets disinterested or unmotivated when a bump in the road appears.. so to stick with this is a testament to permanently changing my life.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 269/215/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pants View Post
Haha, well my 10 year high school reunion is next year and believe me, I daydream about turning people's heads! What once was the fat, quiet girl in high school... now screamin' hot!

What is the MS150? I just recently learned about Adventure Racing... I think it sounds AWESOME, especially since I haven't really been drawn to the traditional triathletes. But, one step at a time...right now I gotta finish running that 5k first!

MS150 is a road bike cherity thing to raise money for MS. Here in Texas you ride from Houston to Austin. It is my goal to do it next year in the spring.

They do a small adventure race in a park that is literally 2 minutes from my house. I can't wait to try it.

Good luck on the 5K
MrsHomeStretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #15  
-.-K!M-.-

S/C/G: 258/253.4/145

You can definitely do it! I think dreams are what keep most of us motivated!

I dream about being healthy and thinner ALL the time. It's why I haven't quit yet, and I always quit.
ShutterK is offline   Reply With Quote