Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178.5/178.5/155

Height: 5'6''

Default kind of blew it last week travelling!!

Hi,
Started ww a few days before I was scheduled to leave town for a week, weighed in on Friday and I was up .5 lbs - I tried to be careful but admit, I cheated a bit - I guess at least I didn't gain that much weight.
My co-workers were relatively supportive, in hindsight, I wish I would have kept things to myself rather than telling them I was on ww - it kind of backfired. They saw me cheat a little, one woman kept asking me how many points is that, and that, and that??? Anyway, I'm back on the wagon and looking forward to a better week. I did manage to exercise 3/5 days I was travelling so that makes me feel better.
materialgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

You did the best that you could. 0.5 lbs, in the grand scheme of things, is minimal, and could even be water weight due to salt. Keep up the exercise! And remember that you won't get great results unless you commit to the program 100%.
As for your co-workers, well, things'll calm down if you just don't talk about the program or what you are doing. That is, if you really REALLY don't want your colleagues to discuss it. People often think they are being helpful if they see you going off a plan that you say you are committed to doing. So IF you don't want the office support (in whatever form that takes) then just do your own thing quietly.
You'll be fine! Keep it up!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

My boyfriend likes to ask me now and then "how many points is that?" and I just tell him that it fits in the program! Traveling can be tough, but like kiramira said, 0.5 lbs is minimal in the grand scheme of things! It could be water weight or something you ate before weighing. I ate a ham sandwich one night before weigh in, didn't think about the sodium, and was up a bit on weigh in... but the next week it evened out and I'm sure I lost that water weight. Just keep with it and you will see results!!
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #4  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

The great thing is, you've learned from this experience. A couple of weeks ago we went away for our 10th anniversary and I planned to go off plan for dinner and brunch the next day. Well a 12 hour off plan period became more like a 72 hours off plan period! And I was up .8lb at the next weigh in. It definitely happens more easily than I'd like to admit. I learned I have to be accountable for every food, every day. No shortcuts. Maybe when I get farther along I'll be ready to purposely take a day off for something, but not now. I'm not ready yet.

Good luck this week! I'm sure it will get moving in the right direction.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178.5/178.5/155

Height: 5'6''

thanks for your support everyone! I'm weighing in on Friday....feeling pretty good, even if I'm down one pound I will be happy!!!
materialgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote