Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #1  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Default A WW/South Beach combo with questions

Hi all,

I'm hoping there might be someone out there who has combined WW with South Beach or Mediterranean diet principles....

I am new to the WW thread, but not new to WW. I did WW a few years back with some success, but not long-term. I have been doing the South Beach diet for 8 months now and have lost and kept off about 35 pounds. I love it, but I have been stuck at the same weight since January and have about 15-20 more pounds to lose. I'm coming back to WW in the hopes that the portion control aspect will help me shed these remaining pounds. I still plan to eat with South Beach principles, as I feel like my eating habits are really healthy and I don't want to lose them. SO, is anyone here counting points and using South Beach or Mediterranean Diet principles? If so, are you having success?

Lastly, I am 30 yrs old and weigh 158 right now. Does 22 WW points per day sound about right? It think I used to do 24 per day, but I was heavier then - about 175.

I dug out my old points book and am excited to start this! I look forward to getting to know some of you over the coming months . And thanks for your tips!

~ Angela
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

It's like you read my mind posting this. You can see my post of WW vs. SBD that I posted just a couple minutes ago! There is a "new" way to calculate points now, depending on when you last did the program. Also, with the new momentum program, there have been some other differences, but the concept is the same. Good luck!

Weight Watchers Updated: Your personal daily points target- use this formula

[formula removed]

Now add them all together and that’s your daily total. It might be higher for some. My WW coordinator said if this is the case, take the difference between your new and old and divide it in half and then add that much to your previous total.

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 04-21-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: contained copywrited WW info
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #3  

TryinLoseIt, I'm new here. I too, want to merge SB and WW. But, my head has started to spin! I joined WW on 4-16-09 and have been reading the new information, so I haven't started yet. I did SB last summer and lost 9 lbs. and that was it for one month so I stopped. Then I moved to OKlahoma and gained 20lbs. since Oct. 08. But, WW seems to the ticket for me. I have a job interview this afternoon, after that I'm hitting the materials to do the MERGE! Here's my stats. 54 yrs. old 5'1" 200lbs. Thanks for reading
Ladybugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #4  
Angela

TRYING - Thanks so much for tips on calculating my points! I was off by a point. I was a member in 2005, so I'm probably working off some old materials. If the principles are the same though, then I think I'll be okay. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I've done WW so many times... I think this is my 4th or 5th time "re-starting". I had some success with about 30 lbs while I was in college, but have since gained it back and then some over the last 6 years. Ugh! Good luck Ladybugz - the program is easy if you're willing to follow it!
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #6  
Angela

Tryin - I sent you a PM

Lady - Welcome to WW! And good luck on your job interview !