Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #1  

Default Ugh... How does this sound?

Here is a very basic diet plan layout for me. I think it would work well because the sandwich could be changed with a tuna wrap or sandwich wrap, and the soup could be changed around. I would only eat 2 egg yolks a week so if I wanted more eggs I would separate the yolk. Can you tell me how that sounds for me? I'm 15 years old, 5'9", and 280 lbs. I need to do this for my health and self-esteem, and I've failed too many times...

DIET PLAN

2,000 calories per day

30 minutes on elliptical in morning

1 hour of basketball per day

3 big cups of water per day as well as 1 bottle at school

5 meals

no white bread

only drink water

no mayonnaise

MEAL PLAN

Breakfast - oatmeal or eggs, with wheat toast

Snack - half of a sandwich and a piece of fruit

Lunch - 1 piece of fruit and other half of sandwich

Snack - Yogurt w/ granola and bag of veggies

Dinner - soup and fruit or vegetables

NUMBERS

BMI - 41.3

BMR - 2584 (calories burned per day doing nothing)

Last edited by MicahDeezy; 04-13-2009 at 12:14 AM.
MicahDeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #2  

The only issue I see is that while you're planning to eat 2,000 calories, your meal plan is pretty empty. Make sure you don't over do it and eat too little - 2,000 calories sounds like a good starting place for you. You might try it and find that you aren't losing any weight (who knows how accurate your BMR calculator was) then maybe slowly bump it down until you hit a good number for you!

Good luck!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #3  

Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll work on revising it a bit. Thanks for the advice =].
MicahDeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 119.4kg/119.4kg/65kg

Height: 172cm

First of all welcome! I am a newbie too You are about the same height and weight as me too.

2,000 calories is a wonderful starting place and very realistic.

I'm a little confused as you wrote no yogurt or dairy but have a yogurt in your snack. Calcium is important at any age and technically you are still growing so it is even more important. Definitely keep in the yogurt if you can.

Give it a go and see how you feel based on 2,000 calories focussing on vegies, fruit, lean protein and wholegrains. You may find you need more fuel in the morning or if you are like me start to get "snackish" around 4pm and need something a little more substantial before dinner.

For dinner I would suggest adding some protein in. Perhaps a piece of grilled fish or turkey. You can do this

Last edited by angel2be; 04-13-2009 at 12:12 AM.
angel2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

This looks like a great plan. I like how you're focusing on reasonable foods, and also getting in some fun activity during the day. Heh, if I'd had good ideas like this when I was 15, I wouldn't still be needing to lose weight at 27.

The only thing I'd add would be to give yourself some wiggle room for unexpected food situations. Does your family go out to eat a lot? How will you handle birthdays and other special occasions? I think part of a successful plan is knowing ahead of time how you're going to deal with this kind of thing, cause it's not realistic to say "I'll never have birthday cake or restaurant food again." You just end up feeling deprived, which inevitably leads to overeating and "falling off the wagon".

But yeah, you seem to have a good handle on what to do, good luck!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I am so impressed with your determination at your young age! Good for you! Looking at your menu, are you sure that equals 2000 calories? It looks kind of skimpy. As long as it equals 2000 calories, I think it's okay. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote