Old 04-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/220/200

Height: 5ft 8

Default Hoping to reach 40 a little lighter at least!

Hi Everyone I joined this forum a few days ago, in Sept I will be 40!! - I am hoping to reach that day somewhat lighter and minus some inches, I am not going to set myself too big a goal as by doing this in the past I seem to have drastically failed and end up gaining more pounds than I originally started out with! - Once again I am starting the South Beach, probably my third time at it now, I'm 4 days into phase one and so far it's going good and I seem to be more determined..let's hope it stays that way lol

Anyway I am looking forward to turning 40 as it means I'm alive and still here to celebrate it!!

I am also a breast cancer survivor (7 years in remission) so losing weight will be good for my health too!!

Thanks for listening!

Midnight Heart
Midnight Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Go for it! I did the same thing. I started last April, and turned 40 this January. I thought I'd make goal by my birthday, but not quite - however, my life was so completely changed I just didn't care anymore. The war maybe wasn't over, but it was already won. It really meant a lot to me to turn 40 having lost that weight and changed my eating and exercise.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #3  

Congratulations on your weight loss, you are so close to your goal!! - it's so inspirational being here and seeing others going through the same battle and others who are so close to their goals, thank you!!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like you have a great plan, Midnight Heart! You have a nice chunk of time until your birthday to make a difference!

Congratulations on your cancer survival!! I'm sure that was a very frightening time in your life... Here's to a wonderful new decade!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #5  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the group MH. I have found 3FC to be one of the best tools to help me stay focused. Just coming here and hanging with people who are also interested in a life style change has been incredibly motivating. The support is as good if not better than what I get from my DH (he can be a little enabling). I've learned a great deal about myself, nutrition, exercise, and best of all I'm having fun doing it.

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone! - I am enjoying being here
Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #7  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

i wanted to turn 40 lighter also, but wasn't determined enough to follow a regimen... now i'm turning 42 this summer and will be to my goal or close to by then....i'm not giving up this time, i lost 15 pounds before but then let it go and gained that back and then some like everyone else probably has lol... hope you hit your goal, you can do it!
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote